Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• <b>
    Reply to How to choose a scanner?
    <b>
    I agree, the Canoscan is a good scanner -- especially for the price. I've bought a couple of Epson Perfection V700 Photo Scanners for work, and would do so again if they're still made. They've been very...
    Today, 03:54 AM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to [ Logo Critique ] Period or not at the end of the tagline?
    PanToshi
    Adding my vote for keeping it.
    Today, 03:31 AM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to Glad to Be Here Now!
    PanToshi
    Welcome to GDF Tess

We ask all new members to read the very important links here and here. These explain the rules and how the forum runs. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every...
    Today, 02:44 AM
  • PanToshi
    Comment on Where do you find talent?
    PanToshi
    Yep, like I said, freelancers who are hoping to work full-time for the company for which they are occasionally freelancing are unemployed designers who are freelancing until they find full-time work.
    Today, 02:40 AM
  • MichaelWied
    Comment on Where do you find talent?
    MichaelWied
    The "freelancers" are basically there to be called in if a big project comes up and they need the extra hand, and these are designers hoping to get a full time spot at the company.
    Today, 01:51 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• logo feedback

hello, just got my first client! They are a life coaching business. They want to appeal to business men, so I was thinking confident logo that suggests organisation. Then when I was putting the boxes inside the square, I noticed it looked like a C so made it one. Two birds with one stone or just "noooooooooo"? I think it may look a bit 1960s, but I'd appreciate your input. (haven't added colour yet)

My portfolio.

Kinda makes me think of a simplified de stijl?

Have you explored any other concepts. Apart from a C made out of boxes...?

For a company with the word concept in its name, this really doesn't have much of a concept.
    It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Originally posted by budafist View Post
      Kinda makes me think of a simplified de stijl?

Have you explored any other concepts. Apart from a C made out of boxes...?

For a company with the word concept in its name, this really doesn't have much of a concept.
      yes my concept is organisation. I'll just upload a non-c version that I've done.
      My portfolio.

Comment

My portfolio.

Comment

That sorta looks like a Concept Coaching for Tetris gamers.

Concept Coaching would suggest "thinking outside the box"...

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

Originally posted by eugenetyson View Post
            That sorta looks like a Concept Coaching for Tetris gamers.

Concept Coaching would suggest "thinking outside the box"...
            I see what you mean. Hmm....
            My portfolio.

Comment

May I ask why there is so much space between the two words?

Comment

Do you think this is more suited then? I need to add colour and clean up the points where the strokes meet.
                My portfolio.

Comment

u
                  Originally posted by Tofudge View Post
                  May I ask why there is so much space between the two words?
                  because I stupidly didn't notice!

Thanks for pointing it out.
                  My portfolio.

Comment

This is your project so I don't want to give too much away, but when I think of life coach, I think of leading someone or showing someone the path. The blocky stuff seems like very strict instructions. That's just a thought that will hopefully help you.

Comment

Originally posted by Tofudge View Post
                      This is your project so I don't want to give too much away, but when I think of life coach, I think of leading someone or showing someone the path. The blocky stuff seems like very strict instructions. That's just a thought that will hopefully help you.
                      Thank you, I really appreciate yours and everyone else's help. I have a wee bit of a brainstorm and some sketches then go back to illustrator. I was hoping to get away with concept, sketch and finished logo in 15 mins. Ah well, back to hard slog
                      My portfolio.

Comment

i like the box idea but after reading "thinking out side the box".. this came to me. just sharing an idea maybe make the lines arrows as in pointing forward????
                        Last edited by Virgo Nightingale; 03-05-2010, 10:37 PM.

Comment

not really. Just meant to move the log left or right so it sat outside the black background that sort of idea

Originally posted by nicolanicola View Post
                          [IMG]
                          Do you think this is more suited then? I need to add colour and clean up the points where the strokes meet.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

iDad, please don't redo pieces for other members. Offering suggestions is fine, but posting your own solution is discouraged here.

From our Rules Thread:
                            8. Do not take someone else's work that has been posted for critique and "redo" it for them. We encourage members to offer suggestions to improve a piece, and if the point that you are trying to make is difficult to explain a quick sketch might help to illustrate your point, but posting your own "alternate" design is not going to help another member learn anything. Even if your intention was to be helpful, the original poster may be offended that you did the work "for" them. Sharing your thoughts in your own words allows the original poster to interpret your ideas according to their own style and tastes and the work remains their own creation.

blog/portfolio

Comment

Thought I was offering a suggestion.my bad..... I apologize.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X