• Saint-Michel
    Reply to Legal size cardstock for business cards
    Saint-Michel
    Alright then, thank you all for your answers
    Today, 10:20 PM
  • <b>
    Comment on Anybody use a Mac Mini?
    <b>
    Right now, at work, I'm using an early 2011 MacBook Pro. It's had no problems at all. I'll likely get a new one early next year, but I'm in no hurry because I don't want to give up the 17-inch display....
    Today, 09:47 PM
  • iyiyi
    Reply to Anybody use a Mac Mini?
    iyiyi
    Overall I haven't really ever had any problems with macs either. Basically just the grpahics card problems I've been talking about. And the 2011 MBP is notorious for them (which is what I have now)....
    Today, 09:40 PM
  • <b>
    Reply to Anybody use a Mac Mini?
    <b>
    This is a puzzling discussion because the things described run counter to my experiences.

I've been buying Macs since 1984, and have probably owned, maybe, a couple dozen of them. Also during...
    Today, 09:23 PM
  • MeadowlarkGraph
    Reply to Infographics...struggle
    MeadowlarkGraph
    Okay, first attempt at less boring. More variation in text size and background, some different images, shadows. Tried a few different layouts but nothing was hitting me. I actually like "hospice...
    Today, 09:13 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retail Box Sketches

Hi all.

So, this is my first request for a critique, and I'm showing my very first, very elementary process of designing the box (with the exception to my briefing notes and photos taken at a store for research).

So my company is proudly launching a new product early next month. We're are just about wrapping up the manufacturing and now have to finish the box within a week (so that's why I'm uploading incomplete sketches, so I can get some feedback over the weekend).

I'm not really sure what all I can say about the product due to non-disclouse agreements, but I'd imagine that it's safe with our release date so close. I would like to ask you all to maybe refrain from mentioning the product name, however, so this post stays away from google crawlers.

So, it's a touchless paper-towel dispenser that mounts under the cabinet. We already have the photos taken, so you'll notice the same sketch in each of the drawings (I'll also post the photo).

Please take a look at these sketches and let me know your thoughts. Thanks! (oh, and the one in marker is for no special emphasis. I just sketch with a light pencil and tried that to darken the lines).

Check out the sketchs at gallery.me.com/c.hain/100051

Oh, and for Ss and Gs, I'm posting what the original designer had roughed.

Much better if you could link your sketches and post them directly in the forum use the icon to insert the URL.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

Originally posted by eugenetyson View Post
      Much better if you could link your sketches and post them directly in the forum use the icon to insert the URL.
      Didn't think I could do that with mobileMe - but looks like I can (I just don't know how to scale down, I'm sorry).

That's all that really necessary to crit. The original box design is still at that link if you'd like to take a peek FYE
      Last edited by CRHain88; 03-05-2010, 10:58 PM.

Comment

And I just noticed how kindergarden my lines look when I traced them - especially the first one. My bad. Oof.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
        Working...
        X