Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• HotButton
    Comment on Anyone else only have a diploma┬┐?
    HotButton
    "but I have always been led to believe that the degree isn't as important as talent/know-how in graphic design..."

Here, without a degree, it's not likely anyone will ever know...
    Today, 08:51 PM
  • misplacedVTer
    Comment on Anyone else only have a diploma┬┐?
    misplacedVTer
    We don't even consider applications that don't list a degree where I work, though even people with degrees can have terrible portfolios. Out of probably 30 applicants from our most recent opening, maybe...
    Today, 08:37 PM
  • Buda
    Reply to Standards of Graphic Design
    Buda
    Honestly, if you are unsure, it's better to under design. People who are new to design have this tendency to put everything they can think of into a design. Design is just as much about culling and restraint....
    Today, 08:31 PM
  • Buda
    Reply to Crop Marks and Cutting Paper
    Buda
    We have a $250,000 digital printer and the backups can be up to 2mm out. That is within specifications.

So the answer is no. It's near impossible to get a printer that is bang on. Which is...
    Today, 08:29 PM
  • garricks
    Reply to Font
    garricks
    Looks like it's not a free font. But $25 for four fonts in a typeface is really reasonable.
    Today, 07:57 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retail Box Sketches

Hi all.

So, this is my first request for a critique, and I'm showing my very first, very elementary process of designing the box (with the exception to my briefing notes and photos taken at a store for research).

So my company is proudly launching a new product early next month. We're are just about wrapping up the manufacturing and now have to finish the box within a week (so that's why I'm uploading incomplete sketches, so I can get some feedback over the weekend).

I'm not really sure what all I can say about the product due to non-disclouse agreements, but I'd imagine that it's safe with our release date so close. I would like to ask you all to maybe refrain from mentioning the product name, however, so this post stays away from google crawlers.

So, it's a touchless paper-towel dispenser that mounts under the cabinet. We already have the photos taken, so you'll notice the same sketch in each of the drawings (I'll also post the photo).

Please take a look at these sketches and let me know your thoughts. Thanks! (oh, and the one in marker is for no special emphasis. I just sketch with a light pencil and tried that to darken the lines).

Check out the sketchs at gallery.me.com/c.hain/100051

Oh, and for Ss and Gs, I'm posting what the original designer had roughed.

Much better if you could link your sketches and post them directly in the forum use the icon to insert the URL.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

Originally posted by eugenetyson View Post
      Much better if you could link your sketches and post them directly in the forum use the icon to insert the URL.
      Didn't think I could do that with mobileMe - but looks like I can (I just don't know how to scale down, I'm sorry).

That's all that really necessary to crit. The original box design is still at that link if you'd like to take a peek FYE
      Last edited by CRHain88; 03-05-2010, 11:58 PM.

Comment

And I just noticed how kindergarden my lines look when I traced them - especially the first one. My bad. Oof.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
        Working...
        X