X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personal Logo - rough sketch

Lately I've been trying to create a logo for myself. I had a whole slew of sketches but misplaced them. However, I remember this being one of the ones I liked more, and I thought I would post it to get some criticism until I find my other sketches.

My plan was to incorporate my initials JPS into the logo.

The S definitely needs some work. Do you think this is a concept is strong enough to continue to pursue? Sorry again for only the one sketch... I think it's time I get a bit more organized.

I read JPS without any problems. Looks fresh and modern, I say go after it.

Comment

i saw JDS to start with, maybe extend the decenderof the p? it might look better when vectorised! Give it a go
      Please visit my portfolio at http://www.behance.net/stevenscottcreative

Comment

I don't think its a good concept but it is aesthetically pleasing and a nice use of typography. Not everything requires some type of in your face ingenious concept. Sometimes its just a matter of rolling with a nice aesthetic and that looks like the case here.

Comment

I think if when you tidy it up it will be first class.
          When men will beg God to kill them and they won’t be able to die

Comment

I think this is good enough to start to vectorise and maybe try a few different fonts.
            It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" – Winnie the Pooh

Comment

+1 ... time to get it vectorised and let's have another look.

Nice concept.

Comment

Originally posted by tZ View Post
                I don't think its a good concept but it is aesthetically pleasing and a nice use of typography. Not everything requires some type of in your face ingenious concept. Sometimes its just a matter of rolling with a nice aesthetic and that looks like the case here.
                Maybe I'm a bit thick but it's, in order, bad, good, uninspiring, and looks nice?

Comment

Originally posted by Roth View Post
                  Maybe I'm a bit thick but it's, in order, bad, good, uninspiring, and looks nice?

Comment

Looks like a good start to me!
                    “The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level we created them.” Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Roth
                      Its not a concept but a composition. The composition itself is nice in terms of aesthetics and memorability. However, the logo itself lacks any concept beyond a literal play with figure and ground relationships. A concept is an abstract idea and there is no abstracted idea here, its very literal. Nice to look at… but literal none the less. That doesn't make it bad though. The OP though asked whether it was a good concept and its not considering there is no concept.

Comment

The concept could be the P. Something along the lines of illusion, making meaning out of nothing (white space). Recognising something obscure...
                        It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" – Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Its not a concept but a composition. The composition itself is nice in terms of aesthetics and memorability. However, the logo itself lacks any concept beyond a literal play with figure and ground relationships. A concept is an abstract idea and there is no abstracted idea here, its very literal. Nice to look at… but literal none the less. That doesn't make it bad though. The OP though asked whether it was a good concept and its not considering there is no concept.
                          You damn kids and your book learnin.

Comment

Hey tZ, thanks for your comments. I'll be honest and say that I didn't think too much about the word concept when I used it. But I see where you're coming from now that you've mentioned it. I'll definitely be keeping it in mind when I try out some other ideas with this logo.

I appreciate all of the other comments as well. I'll head to the computer this week and hope to post it sometime in the later half of the week.

Comment

Here's an update.

I know it's not done yet, but I'm struggling over this S. While I work on it, I was going to ask if you think the letters and spacing are okay.

I'm a bit worried that the S is going to look too different from the other letters to work.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X