Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• KitchWitch
    Reply to Cover Layout Feedback
    KitchWitch
    Hi Yehoshua and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
    Today, 02:19 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to Down selling to clients
    KitchWitch
    I always try and find the best solution, not the best price. So if the best solution is less expensive than another, bonus for the client. It comes back around. My mom just had a bunch of papers drawn...
    Today, 02:17 PM
  • iyiyi
    Reply to Anybody use a Mac Mini?
    iyiyi
    The mac mini with 16gb is $700 new online. The monitor I want is a 27" at $250 (already have a 24" cinema display I would use a second monitor). The smallest, 21.5" imac with 16gb is $1500...so...
    Today, 02:13 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Comment on My First Design Assignment.
    KitchWitch
    The forum is psychotically insane, Krazy. Lots of things don't work and some just don't work well. The best way to post an image (that I've found) is to upload it to an image hosting site (I use Photobucket),...
    Today, 02:02 PM
  • seamas
    Reply to Cover Layout Feedback
    seamas
    I really don't get minimalism here. I mean you don't have much going on, but instead of a minimal approach you tried to make it interesting --and it isn't working.

Minimalism is as much about...
    Today, 02:02 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nightlife Group Logo

Here's the logo for my nightlife group. It'll be up on huge banners, flags and booth stands. What I was trying to achieve was an image that would draw many thoughts from those who moves their eyes towards it to match our catch phrase 'Redefining House Parties' (no one in the group knows how's that's gonna be done and since it's gonna be in Malaysia, it's something almost everyone here have never seen done thus the imagination capture concept) oh and it's also gonna be on t-shirts as well as neck bands.

Rather simple design, nothing too complex with some filters added into it. Well nuff said then ^^ if it doesn't fit to your liking or it's something you see that's kinda out of place or ain't there do tell me by all means even if it means bashing the truth right between the eyes.

The header & banner design

The Logo

Logo Variation With Lens Flare

Example of usage on BCard (Template from a psd forum)

Couple of examples of usage

Thanks =D
    Last edited by garricks; 03-07-2010, 06:50 PM.

Welcome to the forum. I can't see any of the images. Imageshack is sometimes quirky here. Or, if the images are CMYK instead of RGB they may not display.

Please read these important threads posted here. They will explain a lot about how the forum runs, from the rules and regulations to frequently discussed topics to the background on some of our lingo and inside jokes.

I hope you enjoy yourself!
    This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
    "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

Thanks for the great info mate and appreciate the warm welcomes.

I'm guessing it's imageshack though =D will edit it once i find a way to do so ^^

Comment

You might try a different service like Flikr or Photobucket.
        This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
        "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

will definitely hit that.. no pun intended xD

man thumbs up to you, a couple of high fives, some bacon strips and a mug of beer. never have i seen a forum admin/mod that's so massive helpful. appreciate it much.

cheers mate

Comment

It's running really late right here so instead of posting up on threads to get my post count up whilst being extremely sleepy (it's 4.30am) which would most probably end up looking like spam, here's a link to em all ^_^

http://www.flickr.com/photos/48158038@N03/
            Photostream

Hope this works this time ^_^

http://www.flickr.com/photos/48158038@N03/4414148773/
            The header & banner design

http://www.flickr.com/photos/48158038@N03/4414148669/
            The Logo

http://www.flickr.com/photos/48158038@N03/4414915842/
            Logo Variation With Lens Flare

http://www.flickr.com/photos/48158038@N03/4414915436/
            Example of usage on BCard (Template from a psd forum)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/48158038@N03/4414916512/
            Couple of examples of usage

Comment

It's a nice image, but I wouldn't call it a logo. It breaks a lot of rules of logo design. When designing a logo, you should stay away from gradients, filters and Photoshop in general. How will this look against a white background? You'll lose the white in the design. Logo's need to work in black and white (not gray scale). Your going to run into a lot of printing issues as it is now.

P.S. Your not going to find too many people around here who are fond of lens flares.
              "Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
              -Steve Jobs

Comment

Never skew a logo to fit into a space. The logo in the business card has been squashed vertically. Looks bad! A logo should always be in proportion.

There is nothing simple or relevant about this design.
                It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Perhaps you are both right. I kinda went overboard when I tried the different approach towards the conventional logo designs. Back to the drawing board then ^^ thanks guys

Comment

Make sure when you come back to the computer you use Illustrator to create your logo.
                    Professional Pixel Pusher Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                    Working...
                    X