Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Juniberry
    Reply to Wordpress theme and plugin help for print company.
    Juniberry
    I should also mention that a theme that supports the visual composer would be excellent....
    Today, 05:54 AM
  • Juniberry
    Wordpress theme and plugin help for print company.
    Juniberry
    Howdy-doody fellas and bellas, I'm just after some quick advice from those of you out there with plenty of experience choosing and working with WP themes.

Attached is a template/guide to...
    Today, 05:53 AM
  • arielr190
    Reply to Opinions on My Logo?
    arielr190
    the business is online. print-wise, the smallest it will ever get is a business card.
    Today, 03:53 AM
  • lowfatgraphics
    Reply to UX tips
    lowfatgraphics
    Hmm This isn't UX, it is UI... Its common to get the two mixed up but having worked in UX and now UI, there is a pretty big difference.

Now from a UI stand point, there isn't much here...aside...
    Today, 03:52 AM
  • lowfatgraphics
    Reply to Candy Shop Logo
    lowfatgraphics
    "S" is tough to read-- looks interesting. the glossy highlights seem to have multiple light sources tho...might want to double check.
    Today, 03:43 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• website for auto customization company

hi,

this is the project i am currently undertaking.
    my client is a middle east based auto customization service provider.
    speaking of customization they specialize on ready made body kits,alloys and performance tuning.
    no paint works ,sticker jobs or any other fancy works. but very sporty in their approach!!
    also they offer services on top notch products ..like Ferrari and lambo..
    plz leave comments. i'd love to hear more comments as this is an ambitious project...thanks in advance

not decided on flash or dhtml..probably flash.

]

First look, i tought of need for speed the game. Very cluttered, and all squezzed into a small space.

Then i just got a very cluttered image, It actully looks confusing, Wheres the nav?

Are all of these buttons spread acroos the page differ nav buttons?
    Then again it would appeal to the like of 19 year olds or gamers.

Comment

thanks for the feedback...
      hmm.. it's actually a 986px web 2.0 standard .. i'd say large but compact rather than small and cluttered.
      also..
      yea gamer thing is an issue. after-all people going for customization will be a little sporty right? actually i wanted a change from normal top bar -flash- text sandwich method. i chose thus HUD theme.so it had to be compact.

can you give some pointers?similar works?

Comment

Thing that bothers me right from the start is the placement of the news item in the left corner.

You've got buttons on the top left for Home etc. and then the steering wheel.

I'd put the News Company & Contact Us around the steering wheel - like a custom steering wheel could have additional buttons for various things right?

Then I'd put the Wheels Gallery & Dealers - stack down the left side under the steering wheel.

Then move that gray box on the bottom left to where Wheels Gallery & Dealers are right now.

To me that would make more sense. That way you have all your buttons and controls down the left - and all the information down the right.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

k i think i haven't given enough details...
          well..
          top three green buttons are search, home and mail. text box to the bottom ( inside the white square) will be top scrolling . logo panel to the bottom right will be scrolling too (side ways- automatic) . then remaining are six buttons namely news, company, contact us, wheels ,gallery and dealers .
          new additions section will be fading between three or four products.

i think visitors will get used to it very fast , with in few mouse overs.

Comment

Originally posted by eugenetyson View Post
            Thing that bothers me right from the start is the placement of the news item in the left corner.

You've got buttons on the top left for Home etc. and then the steering wheel.

I'd put the News Company & Contact Us around the steering wheel - like a custom steering wheel could have additional buttons for various things right?

Then I'd put the Wheels Gallery & Dealers - stack down the left side under the steering wheel.

Then move that gray box on the bottom left to where Wheels Gallery & Dealers are right now.

To me that would make more sense. That way you have all your buttons and controls down the left - and all the information down the right.
            thanks for the feedback..
            yea...
            it's not news.. that a basically a small description about the company.

the steering wheel method. actually i started like that but then i realized that i'lll have to use a large steering wheel,which felt odd. Also it poses issues with inner page designing.

they wanted to separate gallery, wheels and dealers from other buttons. coz they have tons of content dedicated for it.

what you think about the whole theme..it's okay? or i have to work on something else?. they want it to be sporty and different!

Comment

Ok heres some stuff i was tought on my first day.

First thing people look at on a site, is the top left cornor, thats why most sites have a logo there. Actully thats why most everything have a logo or some related info there.

People are to lazy to scroll, If they have to scroll down, they wont.

If a site has alot of flashing and moving, people get confused and just click the " get me off this site button".

Your mission with a web site, is to get people to spend more then 4 secs browsing your home page, 9 times out of 10 they will look at another page. But if you cant keep them intrested for 4 secs, they will leave and never get past the home page.

If i stumbled onto your page. " i love pimped up cars" I would actully think its some thing to do with a game and click back, and carry on googling.

Comment

It really feels slapped together. It lacks hierarchy.

blog/portfolio

Comment

My nitpick would be that the logo you used doesn't match the logo on the SUV, which is easier to read. I was trying to figure out what Tuningure was until I looked at the SUV (Not that Tuning UAE immediately registered). United Arab Emirates?
                  "What the hell is this? You said, 'It's art. Just f***in mirror it.'" - Gordon Downie

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                  Working...
                  X