Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Cosmo
    Reply to Please help with company logo
    Cosmo
    Web site, T-shirts, and business cards are three different methods of reproduction, so you need to make sure to simplify your logo enough that it works for all three methods (and any future methods you...
    Today, 05:27 PM
  • Staisman
    Staisman
    Here is a new website design I am working on right now. Maybe this will help....
    Today, 05:26 PM
  • Staisman
    Staisman
    About printing applications. Nothing crazy, I will use logo on the website, T-Shirts, and Invoices/business cards....
    Today, 05:20 PM
  • Staisman
    Staisman
    Thank you guys for your inputs. Of course I am not a professional designer but also I don't have funds to hire one, that's why i am here. I am not expecting anyone to do the job for me but I am willing...
    Today, 05:10 PM
  • seamas
    Reply to What is this product ? please
    seamas
    Dessert topping
    Today, 05:05 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new portfolio site design

Trying to get a site up ASAP so here is a quick preview. c&c please

I specialize in photography but also do design work too, i havent decided how i'm going to display my 'design' work on the site yet.

TY!!

I like the look and I'm a fan of sliders, anything that makes navigation easy is a plus for me.

This leans heavily towards photography, if your showing off projects you should section them off towards the kinds of projects, billboards, catalogs etc.

Comment

I forgot to mention

special occasion: weddings/engagements
      beautiful people: portraits/fashion
      heart pumping moments: sports (I shoot a lot of college/pro football/basketball)
      fabulous spaces: architecture photos
      exotic destinations: just my travel photos.. probably should be called 'personal' or something

I'm still working on the link titles but you get the idea. this also isn't going to be what the home page looks like but rather when you click on one of the above links. i'm going to probably display smaller thumbnails on the left, which will load in the main frame.

Comment

nice work.. liked the simplicity..
        only thing ..i'd say the title font. current one is nice. but some thing solid like quantflt or Rezland with metal texture would add up i think. consider it.

then..

you may add a pointer (down arrow or something) to the current section being displayed.

from the EQ i assume bg score is there. give a mute button in that case.

http://www.dafont.com/quantum.font
        http://www.dafont.com/rezland.font

Comment

thx

I was considering a subtle background song, and of course I will add pause/stop/volume buttons via flash.

i'll also give those fonts a try

here is what I was kinda of referring too, on hover over the images on the left will light up and when clicked, will load in the main frame.

Comment

yea.. cool..
            add scroll elements for the gallery(there'll be more images ..right?) also show how you gonna highlight the selected image from the gallery.

i liked the scroll buttons on both the sides than bottom..

Comment

nice design - FABOLOUS - typo error
              harvesting great graphics in New Harvest Design

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gomez09 View Post
                nice design - FABOLOUS - typo error
                oops, thought i fixed that.

additionally, I photograph a lot of bands but can't figure out how to incorporate them into the site. Maybe changing 'beautiful people' to just 'people', and add them in there?

Comment

Originally posted by js09 View Post
                  oops, thought i fixed that.

additionally, I photograph a lot of bands but can't figure out how to incorporate them into the site. Maybe changing 'beautiful people' to just 'people', and add them in there?
                  better than "beautiful people" - what if its Marlyn Manson photo
                  harvesting great graphics in New Harvest Design

sigpic

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                  Working...
                  X