Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• vaprarts
    Reply to critique my branding attempt
    vaprarts
    I was thinking of sizes all the way down to a favicon 16px x 16px Ill hop back on the sketching.. Im less worried about the branding now as i realize i dont need it.. At the same time being its for myself...
    Yesterday, 11:40 PM
  • sybli
    Comment on How well do you see color? (fun & games)
    sybli
    Lol, yeah, you have one minute to get as many as you can . But I'm not surprised the cookies won. The always wi..*nom* *nom* *nom*.
    Yesterday, 09:52 PM
  • Ryukori
    Hello GDF
    Ryukori
    Hello everyone, I'm from Canada and I've been completing graphics requests for over 3 years. I mainly use Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator software.
    Yesterday, 09:33 PM
  • <b>
    Reply to Friend as a client - problem
    <b>
    You know, I wouldn't really consider it a complete loss. Looking back, I made some mistakes early in my career that cost me money. At the time, I was upset, but the money I've saved by heeding what I...
    Yesterday, 09:25 PM
  • creare
    Reply to Logo forum graphic design
    creare

is true , thanks...
    Yesterday, 09:18 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logo Feedback

Hello, I'm making a logo for a project. Its for a fictional music festival at Roseberry Topping in the UK. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roseberry_Topping)

I can't decide which one is best, the outlined one, or the filled one. If you see the link I posted above, the shape is based off the hill. The logo will go onto promotional material which will contain much more music related elements.

Any suggestions and constructive criticism will be appreciated!

Thanks.

i like the first one. but it looks like more of a sporty logo than a music one
    harvesting great graphics in New Harvest Design

sigpic

Comment

Is that the international technical festival? The font looks nothing like their current?

*edit my bad it's fictional... I took one look and thought international technical festival

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

@gomez09;
        I think I prefer the outline one too, but agree it somehow needs to look more like it's a music festaval.

@eugenetyson;
        Wow, I searched for that festival and found it has the same name! I thought I was onto a good name, picked that one from 75 words I had brainstormed to do with Roseberry Topping. I should be OK to continue using it for the purpose of my university project though, as its completely fictional, shouldn't I?

Comment

No reason why two names couldn't be the same as long as they promoting different products, if you were competing it might be a different story.

I'd simplify the mountain range, the colours are a bit limp. The kerning of the Apogee could do with a tweak.

To give you an idea what you're up against here http://images.google.com/images?um=1...0&social=false

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

Thanks for the input. I've got loads of festival logos in my research, some very simple, some very complex.

I'll try simplifying it a bit more, want to keep it so it is recognizable as the hill itself, but I'm pretty sure it is the "peak" that is it's most recognizable part so as long as that's there it will be fine.

Any more comments appreciated!

Comment

Here is a little update too try make it more music festival like:

4 is a simpler outline of the hill, as suggested by eugenetyson.

Comment

Appologies for the tripple post! Can't seem to find the edit button for older posts.

A little update, added an extra speaker each side to fill the logo a bit more, and the speakers are level with each other now.Also tried a different colour more of a night time colour, which would relate to a festival.

Any feedback on these would be great, cheers!

Comment

I like the pink coloured one personally. I don't like the top heavy feel of the logo though. It feels heavy and busy at the top which unbalances it with the text part. Plus, if you wanted to stick with the speakers, I'd possibly just have them at one end, I think it's too much at both sides.

have you looked at just using the speakers as the logo without the mountain range line?

EDIT: another thought, what about just having the mountain range stop about the G and left align the APOGEE and festival? Would make it more compact. I think the space between the APOGEE and the peak of the mountain is troubling me too. Maybe bigger letters or the mountain range isn't closed and continues up, or you something leave the impression of the mountain range continuing, to open it up a bit.
                  Last edited by nicolanicola; 03-12-2010, 02:55 PM.
                  My portfolio.

Comment

The EDIT button is onlly available for a short time after posting. In this case it's good to see the progress you're making!
                    This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
                    "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

Thanks for the input, nicolanicola. Here are a couple of changed based on what you said:

I like number 8, but something seems missing, and I'm not quite sure what it is! The reason for wanting to keep the peak in the mountain, is thats what it is well known for, so it is important to keep it.

Comment

you've got a lot of colors going on there. how does it work in once color?

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

Originally posted by mark165 View Post
                          Thanks for the input, nicolanicola. Here are a couple of changed based on what you said:

I like number 8, but something seems missing, and I'm not quite sure what it is! The reason for wanting to keep the peak in the mountain, is thats what it is well known for, so it is important to keep it.
                          yeah, I like 8 best. Although I do think it looks better with just the one set of speakers on 7.

I know what you mean about something being missing. Maybe you could extend the mountain line just straight across or going slightly up. I'm just wary of it having a closed feeling, which is why I thought to open up the range, or having it leading the eye up slightly. Only problem with that is it may clash with the straight edge of the upper edge of the text.

I definitely prefer the text placement in 8 as well.
                          My portfolio.

Comment

Just had another thought. What about having the text the same pink colour and having the mountain range come down to form the top half of one or two of the last "E"s? Just an idea, not saying it's good, just something I'd play about with!
                            My portfolio.

Comment

Originally posted by Typically View Post
                              you've got a lot of colors going on there. how does it work in once color?
                              Technically for this project, it wouldn't need to work in B&W, which is good news! Most festival logos wouldn't work in B&W either, but just to have a go, here it is:

--

@nicolanicola - Thanks, I'll have a play about with some of the things you have suggested!

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X