Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• garricks
    Reply to What do you think?
    garricks
    Hi hasatan, welcome to the forum. We ask all new members to read the forum rules posted here and here. They will give you all the info you need on how the forum runs, the rules and regs, and give...
    Today, 12:11 PM
  • fur
    Reply to Multiply, white background question. Must be a 1 minute answer?? Help!
    fur
    So i wanted to say that i played around a bit with the trace image option and i made it so that the background vanished and the image is still clear. Im not sure if this is what he did, but i cant find...
    Today, 12:09 PM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Are you able to read the text?
    PrintDriver
    Now that I can read it, your copy needs help.

Spreads around?
    What risks? Getting the flu or dying from it. Everyone is at risk of "getting" the flu.
    Is the flu vaccine...
    Today, 11:28 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Register from a Gerber to a Roland or vice versa?
    PrintDriver
    If all your Roland cutter needs is target bullets, it doesn't matter where the print comes from. We cut stuff on our Roland this is printed on a wide variety of machines, though admittedly not a Gerber...
    Today, 11:21 AM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to Is graphic design for me?
    PanToshi
    Welcome to GDF BillyLogan

We ask all new members to read the very important links here and here. These explain the rules and how the forum runs. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask...
    Today, 11:11 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logo feedback

Hi I'm trying out some ideas for my own brand, the name is isle creative, the rationale being that my country is an island and my business is that of creating great websites and other related media. The attached is what I've come up with, the base being a symbol for the island and upcoming parts symbolising creativity. Sometimes when I look at it it reminds me of the marijuana tree so I'm not too happy about that, I wonder if I might make some adjustment to it that keeps the concept but negates this association. Opinions appreciated.
    Attached Files

I think I've seen something very similar, but can't remember where. I think it was on TV, maybe a broadcasting station name. I wonder has anyone tried writing an algorithm for finding images via a search engine. That would be clever and probably quite an earner.
    When men will beg God to kill them and they won’t be able to die

Comment

here you go LINK

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

I can see the marijuana leaf, but it's not the first thing I think of. For some reason it reminds me a peacock. Maybe the NBC logo?
        It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" – Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Originally posted by Typically View Post
          here you go LINK
          Thanks for the link, must give it a try.

Comment

The "plant" reminds me of an agave plant. The overall look feels a bit familiar, but it's nice.

Comment

Originally posted by drtanz View Post
              Hi I'm trying out some ideas for my own brand, the name is isle creative, the rationale being that my country is an island and my business is that of creating great websites and other related media. The attached is what I've come up with, the base being a symbol for the island and upcoming parts symbolising creativity. Sometimes when I look at it it reminds me of the marijuana tree so I'm not too happy about that, I wonder if I might make some adjustment to it that keeps the concept but negates this association. Opinions appreciated.
              With regards to the graphic logo, I like it but I think it's lacking balance in some way. Maybe because the leaves are around the top section and there isn't the same distribution around the bottom right and left. Plus, I don't like the different shades of yellow, I feel it would be a stronger icon if you used either the pale one or the bold one, not both. I am unsure as well with regards to the opacity of the leaves, I think it would look stronger if they weren't opaque.

The "creative" part of the text imo could do with being a bit thinner because it's not contrasting quite enough with the thickness of the "isle" letterforms.
              Last edited by nicolanicola; 03-12-2010, 02:49 PM. Reason: something else that struck me
              My portfolio.

Comment

Here's another approach, do you reckon it works better? I think it looks sharper than the one I had before.
                Attached Files

Comment

MUCH nicer looking. What does the graphic look like larger? Solid colors? Overlapping colors?
                  Professional Pixel Pusher — Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Comment

yes overlapping in a similar style to the original version

Comment

oooh I like it a lot more than the first. It reminds me of the olympic torch! It would be a VERY expensive and tricky to print though. Have you created a few other versions? I'd love to see how it translates into black and white.

Comment

It now looks like one of the most professional logos I've come across in the Crit Pit. The only negative point I have is that it doesn't seem appropriate for what you do, i.e. websites, but I still really like how it looks. To me it portrays graphic design, as opposed to web design.

Comment

we do some graphic design as well so that's not a big problem, im more concerned with creating a logo that looks good, is sharp and gives good vibes to clients seeing it for the first time. The creative element is important (hence use of several colours), dynamic and pushing boundaries (pointed upwards) and technical, precise (use of corners in elements, not rounded)

Comment

I like the new approach. I don't think your logo needs to scream "web design". Your branding and your website will do that for you.
                            It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" – Winnie the Pooh

Comment

hmm printing is something to consider, do you suggest any specific changes to make it easier for printing?

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X