X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 2010 calendar

One of my big projects each year is to design/produce/manage the satellite imagery calendar for our company. It's a big undertaking, which involves sifting through our 300 million square kilometer archive for image candidates. I just have finally gotten to a point where I have some free time (at least for this afternoon) and thought I'd post up a few images from this year's calendar.

We printed 7,500 of these this year. They are approx 18x13" in size, printed 2-sided on premium recycled stock. 4 color process + flood satin aqueous. On the cover, I did a dull/gloss aqueous technique to make some of the elements really stand out. It printed real well, and we're pleased with the outcome.

Feel free to ask any questions about the images or the calendar-

The front cover:

And a few interior shots:

Any critiques are welcome, even though it's already printed. It's nice to get feedback from other designers since I'm the only one in the company.

Overall I like it.
    I always love the images you guys take!

The only thing I don't really get is the 2010 feels awkward to me on top of the month names.
    But otherwise I think it's brilliant.
    I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. ~ Kurt Cobain

Comment

Yea I agree - perhaps if it was a touch smaller it might not feel so awkward?
      - Jen

"You cannot soar with eagles if you surround yourself with turkeys"

My blog

Comment

Awesome work, Longboy! I love it!
        This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
        "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

Nice pics! Love the Beijing Railway Station. Very cool.
          It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

It's different but I like it.
            I designed a calendar for myself and a reptile forum I'm on for this year myself so I can understand the time it took. It took me from June of last year to November (also this past year) just to get pictures together and descriptions and everything.
            ~All that we see or seem, Is but a dream within a dream~

Comment

Very nice! Great images

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

What's the red "tent"-y thingie?
                This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
                "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

Originally posted by garricks View Post
                  http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...ed=0CA8QsAQwAA

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

Amazing pics - love the cover

Comment

Awesome imagery! Lost the fun/fresh layout as well.

Originally posted by garricks View Post
                      That's Ferrari World!
                      Professional Pixel Pusher Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Comment

Originally posted by CkretAjint View Post
                        Awesome imagery! Lost the fun/fresh layout as well.

That's Ferrari World!
                        I should've know. It was featured on The Amazing Race. But not from quite that high up.

Comment

Yeh it looks cool

Awesome video too

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

as always awesome shots and lovely calendar. nice take on the calendar in the image.
                            Dribbble Page
                            Behance Portfolio
                            Linkedin Profile

Comment

Love the images too. I like the map with the geolocation dot. Nice work.

And I agree the 2010 is missing something, a bit smaller might have worked.

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X