Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• PrintDriver
    Reply to Extreme colour shift
    PrintDriver
    Usually it's a combination of the ink dot pattern and the lam, not so much the stock. And won't you get silvering if you lam a matte stock? Or is it a real smooth matte?

CMYK inkjet is notorious...
    Today, 08:15 PM
  • misplacedVTer
    Reply to Friend as a client - problem
    misplacedVTer
    It's a tough lesson lots of people in the industry have learned, myself included. As for making things physical... the guy that stiffed me like this told me he would come to my house and shoot me dead...
    Today, 08:14 PM
  • H22
    Comment on Logo for a small startup company....
    H22
    I have talked with them at length about it but that conversation is kind of lost on them. This is a side business that they "may" grow into something larger. But at the moment, they aren't focusing...
    Today, 08:03 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to How to Delete Selected Backround
    KitchWitch
    Hi Brad and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
    Today, 07:56 PM
  • Keyare
    Reply to Extreme colour shift
    Keyare
    Would printing on a matte stock, then lamm help?
    Today, 07:54 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW website! Pls post feedback

Hey guys,

Just launched my new portfolio site! I had help with a Lynda.com tutorial because I'm a Flash retard, but am VERY proud of how it turned out

Feedback is appreciated!

http://www.y3kdesigns.net/
    http://y3kdesigns.net

the "thanks for visiting my site and come back soon" font in the contacts section kind of throws off the great feel of the rest of the site.

the clients section is a bit overwhelming, those are some big quotes!

but i had fun in there, and it did the job.

thanks for sharing!

Comment

I love it, very inspiring! Has a nice feel and it's UI is intuitive as well!

The beeps annoyed me though but maybe that's because I have my volume up to half. I agree about that font in the contacts section, it all gothic when the rest of your site is modern, I think just a simple sans serif font would do the job.

Plus, like the above poster said, clients is overwhelming, I'd maybe change the link name to Testimonials, because I was expecting more logos, design for various clients, when instead I got loads of text. At least with it being called something like testimonials, you know you're going to get quotes.
      My portfolio.

Comment

This may be nitpicky, but I don't like how your portfolio throws you right into logos/branding. There are no clear 'sections' if I just want to have a look at how you do print work.

Comment

I like it. I wish I knew how to make a site somewhat like that. What software did you use? I'm a newb to this stuff.

Comment

The beeps are highly annoying.

You may wish to think about a favicon too ... I always think sites that have a favicon are more professional than those without.

Otherwise, very nice and easy enough to use.

Comment

the colour scheme is quite nice, but the white everywhere in the previews is quite jarring.

I think you should discriminate a little more in the work you show - pick no more than 10 of your favourite logos, and then a selection of your other projects. I have no way of knowing whether what Im clicking on is a logo, a banner, a flyer, etc.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
              Working...
              X