Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• PrintDriver
    Reply to Cover Layout Feedback
    PrintDriver
    Quite honestly?
    It's a cover for a project you've been working on.
    Because we do not know what your project was that is using this cover, there is no way to know if it works or not.
    Today, 11:10 AM
  • captain spanky
    Reply to Stickers
    captain spanky
    As far as sticker printers go... i can fully recommend http://stickerobot.com ...cheap and the quality is by far the best i've had. Some stickers i did nearly 8 years ago are still stuck out and about...
    Today, 09:22 AM
  • damonharris
    Reply to Business Logo Design
    damonharris
    Logo represent you and your business. If it's presentable enough, that means you are credible too in giving services to the clients or customers. That's why it's very important in any business because...
    Today, 06:12 AM
  • damonharris
    Reply to creative business cards
    damonharris
    Choose a design that is creative and effective enough to boost your business and will get the interest of your potential customers. That's what I'm always telling my friends who are in the business. And...
    Today, 06:03 AM
  • Yehoshua
    Cover Layout Feedback
    Yehoshua
    I've been exploring more with minimalism, but still trying to keep things logical. This is a 11x17 cover for a recent undergrad project I've been working on. Does it work? Why or why not? The blue wacked...
    Today, 04:22 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new e-blast header

OK I know I'll get ripped apart, but here's what I've got so far ...

The third one is a million miles better than the other four.
    The first one appears to be a bad live trace (I think you're going for the ripped paper look, but it doesn't work for me)

The other two... the silhouettes have detail issues... not enough spaces to really work for me.

In the third one I like the pics way better... and I think the contact information up front and centre is good. (even if they know you and it's your newsletter it's never a bad thing to have the web address and phone number repeated).
    I'm not a huge fan of the radioactiveness of the logo... but I assume you cannot change that?
    I might work a bit more on the blur between the photos... they are a bit disjointed right now. See if you can meld them together better (particularily the backgrounds)
    but overall its the best for sure.
    I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. ~ Kurt Cobain

Comment

I have been tweaking and tweaking those darn photos, lol.

The logo is somewhat fixed ... what would you suggest?

Ooops, left it a bit high in this version, will fix.

Comment

The word SUN looks junky.

Comment

I actually think the original version of the 3rd example works better because of the logo being quite bright. The dark black and white version of the pic doesn't work for me.

Comment

Yeah, original #3 background in blue is better, IMHO.

Comment

I agree the blue tint on the original of #3 is better.

I am glad to see that circle gone from the logo.
              I just find the logo overall is very 80's looking. It feels quite childish and yet what you are selling is certainly not for kids. The colours seem to compete with each other and that Sun typface is kinda brutal... I would pick something more clean and do less of the outlines in that fluorescent colour.
              I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. ~ Kurt Cobain

Comment

Must EVERYTHING have a stroke on it?
                Professional Pixel Pusher — Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Comment

No stroke - no go ! Suck squeeze bang blow.
                  When men will beg God to kill them and they won’t be able to die

Comment

I don't think the box with the yellow stroke it necessary, the text alone should be sufficient. The purple and pink/red stroke can be tossed out too. It doesn't go too well with the rotating wheel thing.

Comment

I think that logo needs about 5 more strokes on it to be even considered a final revision.

That photo needs MOAR grunge textures!!! And sum swirlies....and...and...

*head esplodes*

Comment

For any Honda, KTM or Kawasaki bikers, checkout the fiche archives at sunent.com It's superb. Goes back to 1958!
                        When men will beg God to kill them and they won’t be able to die

Comment

the logo looks like its from a brand of noodle snack.

If youre able to change it, I would probably stick with the type used for 'Enterprises' - its much more in line with what the company seems to do (motorbike manufacturer?). Lose the gradients and strokes - the bright red stroke in particular looks horrible and competes for attention. Perhaps make the sun graphic thing smaller too.

Comment

Hmm. Well I definitely appreciate the suggestions, less the head exploding.

The pinwheel and the Sun text aren't negotiable, unfortunately. I inherited the logo from my predecessors and they won't change it. After our busy season we might be looking at a redesign on the web site, so that might be the time to bring up any rebranding, but I doubt management will go for it. They are pretty tied to that. I can play with some of the strokes but the text itself has to stay.

Comment

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X