Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• KitchWitch
    Reply to Portfolio Site Design
    KitchWitch
    Hi Thebombman53 and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't...
    Today, 06:38 PM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Apartment Logo Feedback
    PrintDriver
    Signage is never a single driving factor, though it should be considered as being just as important as mobile or print applications. What an odd mindset to have when it comes to branding. Once a logo...
    Today, 06:33 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Comment on Personal Logo Concepts
    KitchWitch
    You can use the IMG link to link something on a photo hosting website, that always works for me. Just copy the IMG link into the body of the comment or post, not in the link feature.
    Today, 06:32 PM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Christmas cards
    PrintDriver
    Christmas cards were printed in October to avoid the Thanksgiving/Black Friday/Christmas/Valentines Day crush.
    Just sayin'.....
    Today, 06:31 PM
  • cysir
    Comment on Personal Logo Concepts
    cysir
    I see what you mean. The first thing I did was try to draw it by hand in photoshop, but that didn't work out. I'll play around with it after work. Thanks for the advice!
    Today, 06:31 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My website WIP

Alright I haven't got to work on this for sometime since school started up, but I have some time now and I want to knock it out so that I have a website to send everyone to

Here is what I have so far, I would say it's nearly complete but I want to do something with the navigation

I got a lot of this from several different tutorials and just some playing around with different settings and images, and brushes as well

Please be as brutal as possible without being a dick, thanks!

Graphic Designer living in Charleston, SC

Student at a local Technical College

Single man (for the time being)

My Portfolio

Please PM me if you want to get to know me!

Image is a bit too small to give a decent crit ... can you send larger, or a live link somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by bulgariacalling View Post
      Image is a bit too small to give a decent crit ... can you send larger, or a live link somewhere?
      You can click on the image.

Too many textures for me, is there a point to them or is it just a style you like?
      http://martyng.com

Comment

I hope you're optimizing all the images for the web, and not just using "Save as".
        "I used to wonder what friendship could be, Until you all shared its magic with me." - Jesus Christ

Comment

Originally posted by martyng View Post
          You can click on the image.

Too many textures for me, is there a point to them or is it just a style you like?
          I like this style, I could think about taking the textures back but the only thing the textures are in are the bg and side bars really, I may change the images for the posts to not have textures because I'm not really feeling it

Originally posted by Obsidian86 View Post
          I hope you're optimizing all the images for the web, and not just using "Save as".
          yeah I will whenever I get to the point of slicing it up

My Portfolio

Comment

it's ok - kind of old school - 5-8yrs ago or so. And there are a lot of sites that have this same look.

black text on the dark brown doesn't work well.

Comment

Originally posted by movemaine View Post
              it's ok - kind of old school - 5-8yrs ago or so. And there are a lot of sites that have this same look.

black text on the dark brown doesn't work well.
              You do have a point, there are a lot of designs out there that are like this, I'm really struggling to come up with something that is original and that I'm into, I don't know what to do

This site is going to be basically a portfolio/blog for myself, I know something clean usually works but I don't have any sort of inspiration in my head right now

Do you guys have and sites that serve the same purpose as mine that I can look at? Or have some tips on what looks good and works well with this kind of set up?

My Portfolio

Comment

A little hard to read on the nav bars.
                Are you really going to be selling ad space? Is this for your portfolio?

Comment

it's ok to have a grunge feel - you just need to develop it more - yours is currently kind of a bland grunge, which doesn't convey anything good.

Look here at a list of great websites utilizing texture:
                  http://vandelaydesign.com/blog/galle...ture-websites/

some other good examples:
                  http://ths.nu/trash/
                  http://www.vondutch.com/
                  http://www.powertotheposter.org/
                  Last edited by movemaine; 03-11-2011, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ogi View Post
                    A little hard to read on the nav bars.
                    Are you really going to be selling ad space? Is this for your portfolio?
                    I'm thinking it may be more of affiliate websites that I don't get paid to have there, just other good sites to check out and maybe google ad words after the first 3 posts or something, not sure though

My Portfolio

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                    Working...
                    X