Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As was said earlier... some skateboard identities are grungey.. some are cleaner. Almost all are playful and none are feminine.

Here are some of the cleaner ones I could think of off the top of my head. All playful and youthful. Just saying the logo could work for something like snowboards, but you'd be better off sticking to that spectrum and not trying to make an umbrella identity like DC.

Comment

Does breaking off the "t" from the bird ruin the flow too much?

Comment

I don't feel it ruins it, no. At least this way I could see the elements as a detached unit working independently as you preferred previously (I still like it as one mark). There's some kerning issues I'm just noticing between your R and the EST.

Comment

Originally posted by 261311 View Post
          I don't feel it ruins it, no. At least this way I could see the elements as a detached unit working independently as you preferred previously (I still like it as one mark). There's some kerning issues I'm just noticing between your R and the EST.
          Is this better?

Comment

The C overpowers the design in my opinion. Can you try to work the bird into the C?

Comment

If the bird is on the left the entire thing will fall tilt from inbalance, imo.

Comment

I know not everyone is going to agree 100%. I don't really think it looks feminine personally. And the bird symbol would work well for skateboards I think.
                Last edited by PSPDan; 06-24-2011, 04:38 PM.

Comment

The thicker stroke width definitely helps make it less dainty, and makes it fit in line with the symbol better. I'm not crazy about the green.

Comment

I think you need to cut the finial on C. The way it connects with the "r" is just awkward. Th might be what is throwing me off.

Comment

I like it a lot. You can tweak this and that until doomsday but I think it is good to go.

Comment

looks good to me too .. I like the bird .. reminds me of a cardinal with that nice crest on top of his head

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

Haha ok, well one last major change:

I know the C needs tweaking a bit on the second one, but does it work better than the first?

(also, the colour isn't a final one)

Comment

Originally posted by PSPDan View Post
                            I know the C needs tweaking a bit on the second one, but does it work better than the first?
                            Yes, the stroke's weight is more consistent with the rest now. However, you might want to study how the strokes would look if actually drawn with a round (i.e. pointed) pointed brush; you might find a way to connect the C and r that looks more natural.

Comment

I think the thicker stroke on the Type and losing the Crown really helped the logo. But, I do think there's something strange going on where the bird meets the "t". The negative space of the bird and the "t" beside it really aren't working for me. Others may disagree, but I think you really need to focus on where the Bird meets the Type.

I too, kind of see a skateboarder in the negative space of the bird, but I also kind of see a "t". I wonder how it would look if you removed the "t" from the type, and shaped the negative space of the bird more like a "t"? Not sure how that would work, I'm just throwing in ideas.

-NA

Comment

Aw, I liked it better before the last set of changes.

:sigh: Once more I see the crit pit turn cool and original logos into boring generic logos trying to please a bunch of random critiquers.

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                                Working...
                                X