Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• PrintDriver
    Comment on Logo design for Game Developer
    PrintDriver
    So now we're up to four claimants. Excellent.

from the Shutterstock license:...
    Today, 11:47 PM
  • creare
    Reply to Logo design for Game Developer
    creare
    no good, as if they were three separate things.
    the idea is good but you have to try to get them freehand on a sheet of paper, you can take inspiration from old photographs or something to similar...
    Today, 10:53 PM
  • creare
    Reply to Critique for my logos
    creare
    ~~You need to think of them in black and white, for example on how to make a cardboard box.
    the font are not good ,too crushed ,and difficult to read ,you also have to adjust the set with diamond...
    Today, 10:45 PM
  • creare
    Reply to Critique for my logos
    creare
    You need to think of them in black and white, for example on how to make a cardboard box.
    the font are not good ,too crushed ,and difficult to read ,you also have to adjust the set with diamond...
    Today, 10:44 PM
  • grphxdsner
    Comment on Flyer looking for improvements
    grphxdsner
    This is amazing.
    Today, 10:05 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kool View Post
    Aw, I liked it better before the last set of changes.

:sigh: Once more I see the crit pit turn cool and original logos into boring generic logos trying to please a bunch of random critiquers.
    All I changed was the C, and I was just asking for opinions on which of the two worked best

I'm assuming you'd go with number 1?

Comment

You changed the bird quite a bit too.

It's just that I see it time after time in here that any creative bits in a logo or design get slowly eroded away because someone doesn't like them. The bird with a crown was cool and creative. Now it's just a generic bird shape.

But It's your logo, you can do what you want to it.

Edit: I now see you removed the crown several versions earlier, nevermind.
      Last edited by Kool; 06-25-2011, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kool View Post
        You changed the bird quite a bit too.

It's just that I see it time after time in here that any creative bits in a logo or design get slowly eroded away because someone doesn't like them. The bird with a crown was cool and creative. Now it's just a generic bird shape.

But It's your logo, you can do what you want to it.
        In your post where you said it's good to go, which version of it were you commenting on? I'm guessing not the one I'd posted just before you said that?

Comment

Yeah I noticed that and edited my post.

Comment

Yeah, you know what, after comparing them both, I like the version with the crown a lot more. The letters have improved greatly, though.

Comment

I'm going to work on the crown. I think it looks a bit misplaced as it was. I'm still torn between the C joined to the R or not... I think it has better flow when it's joined.

Comment

Comment

there's no need to have everything a different color, and completely breaks it apart. How bout having crest white outlined in green, yellow outlined in black or green etc. Just having everything in one solid color would work as well.

Comment

I like the green and yellow combo, because it symbolises the Australian aspect of the brand. I could also change the green to another colour for different areas (snowboarding, skateboarding etc.)

Comment

I thought I could have one encompassing colour scheme, and then colour schemes for sub-sections of the brand. (I've only written what the colour schemes are for so you can see, I wouldn't leave the ugly little symbols there)

Comment

Im going to go way back and say that I really liked the earlier versions with the crown in the bird. I'm definitely siding with Kool on that one in saying that as much as the crit pit helps people tweak things you don't want to delve too far away from your original design.

If memory serves me, a lot of people liked your original design (which is surprising here lol). It was unique and original. You're never going to please everyone in the crit pit because you're talking about trying to please 50 unique designers each with their own personal touch.

I would go back a couple steps, lose the colour, put the crown back, attach the C and call it a wrap IMO.
                        Less marketing douchebaggery, MORE TANKS!

Comment

I'm happy with it as it is in the last post I made, maybe I'll play a bit with colour schemes but other than that I'm really pleased.

Comment

Do you guys think this works?

Comment

I kinda like the previous treatment you had with the snowboard in the shape of a snowboard, skate board in the shape of a skate board, etc.
                              Less marketing douchebaggery, MORE TANKS!

Comment

Hmm i thought it detracted from the logo too much personally.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                                Working...
                                X