Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• <b>
    Reply to My Life in Typefaces - Matthew Carter
    <b>
    When I think of Adrian Frutiger, I think of, well, Frutiger, which is sort of a humanist grotesk, maybe. Then I think of Myriad Pro. Of course Frutiger didn't design Myriad, but Myriad is pretty much...
    Today, 05:58 AM
  • Pavlo
    Reply to Critique and suggestions on a logo concept
    Pavlo
    I understand what you are trying to achieve (and I have seen some other good examples in a similar style) but to me it doesn't read as 'EFM'. It seems incomplete. Needs more work. Or a different appr...
    Today, 05:46 AM
  • ISitude
    Reply to My Life in Typefaces - Matthew Carter
    ISitude
    Good one <b>! When I think of slabs I think of Adrian Frutiger... but when I think of think grotesks Helvetica always is first on my list ...sigh.

So since we are creating a list ......
    Today, 05:33 AM
  • janetm1000
    Reply to Is this an unreasonable request from my client?
    janetm1000
    As someone who has also worked on client's side, I'm going to offer this point of view:
    you are adding a lot of value in doing these type of "odd jobs" for them. They know they can rely...
    Today, 05:30 AM
  • Kayekaye
    Reply to Critique and suggestions on a logo concept
    Kayekaye
    There is no recognition of your initials without knowing what they are. Nicely executed but conception is weak. Try another avenue.
    Today, 04:33 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Whole Logo Criticism - Part III

Hi all,

Here are 8 options based on 2 themes for the logo of Big Whole Creative Services.
    </o>
    The feedback I had got from the previous options was that the spiral one was the suitable one of the lot. So, I took it and tried to come up with more options. The first one is the same. The second one I made it thick so that it resembles a circle a little bit so as to give the appearance of a whole. The thicker spiral looks great in colour. The third one and fourth one were developed in an oblique fashion so as to relate to the universe (which figuratively we normally draw as an oblique oval - galaxy). The universe concept goes with the name BIG WHOLE. The artisitic strokes have been given so as to emphasise the creative services part of the company.
    </o>
    I got another feedback saying that the name Big whole is quite big. Therefore one approach to the logo design of the same can be done keeping the name in mind rather have an independent image for it. Hence, I developed the series B where I have incorporated the symbols in the name itself. I have used thick fonts in first 3 of them so as to emphasise the heaviness of the name Big Whole. The 4 th option in series B is a relatively light serif font with an artistic sun so as to give a very abstract feel to the whole logo.
    </o>
    Kindly comment.
    </o>
    Regards,
    </o>
    Karthik

for a 'universe' type concept, I really think concept A version 4 works best. Makes me think of the space photos of the milky way.

[I]The more people I meet, the more I love my cats.</A>
    "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

In series A bottom one on the right, I like what you did with that, The spiral fits the bigwhole thing,
      I like that little swirl movement you gave to the one on the bottom right, but the one on the left of that looks a little cleaner, I stuck between the two. With a little bit of tweaking i think you have a winner between the two. I would maybe lessen the strokes a bit or just the thickness of the lines on all of the ones on top. The one in A on the bottom left has the best swirl going, and is made to the best porportions. I would play around with thoose two and pick your best off of that, I see alot of options with those.

Comment

using the 'hole' in 'whole' makes me think of all sorts of other types of holes. maybe not what your client wants associated with their business.

::Whap'pen?::</font>

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
        Working...
        X