Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could I get some feedback?

Hi there, my name is Kevin.
    I'm from the Netherlands and I study webdesign at school.
    Its been a while since I played around with PS, so here's something

What exactly are we critiquing here?

Pretty colours and lens flare?
    Less marketing douchebaggery, MORE TANKS!

Comment

Welcome aboard Nite!

We ask all new members to read through these important threads with the rules, FAQs and other info on how the place runs.

Keep in mind that signatures pretty much go over like a fart in a church around here as they're considered more on the 'art' side rather than graphic design. If you like it, that's really what matters.

blog/portfolio

Comment

There have been quite a bit of playing around in photoshop threads lately.
        "I used to wonder what friendship could be, Until you all shared its magic with me." - Jesus Christ

Comment

Okay, I'm on this forum to learn a thing or two.
          Didn't know that signatures aren't liked here :P

Comment

The purpose of graphic design is to communicate a specific message. Signatures really don't communicate anything other than someone's online identity or liking a particular fictional character or whatnot. They can be good practice for learning the software tools, but they're really not much more than that.
            Last edited by Virgo Nightingale; 01-11-2012, 07:39 PM.

blog/portfolio

Comment

Now, since I'll offer some suggestions so I don't come off as a douche If you pick up a tutorial or 2 online and come up with something nice then that I can some people critiquing it properly. But something like that it's more of a "Yeah it's cool" or "Nah, don't like it".

Unless you want to give us some background info on why you designed it that way. If it's for a DJ then cool, good job but if it's for a church forum then.... ya I dunno if that's the best approach

Comment

Well I did not realy have a reason to make it.
                But when I finish a new project for school I will post it here to get some professional feedback.
                And I agree after looking around on the forum a bit that this does not realy belong here

Comment

We do this on a daily basis as a career so people posting stuff "just 'cause I did it" doesn't really do much for us. Not to discourage designing as a hobby AT ALL but it's tough to critique on something without a purpose. How do you make something better when there's no real end goal? Knowwutimean?

Comment

the glow around his face has to go. also, what are those red things behind him? anyway you have a ton of different elements in there. :/

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                    Working...
                    X