This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logo Help Wanted

Hi, I have two logos that I am trying to work with.

Should I go with logo 1 or keep working on logo 2?

Thank, and if anyone would help me out with logo 2 would appreciate it.
    Attached Files
    Logo 1
    33.33%
    Logo 2 is better
    66.67%

We need to know a little more information about what the logo is supposed to convey.

... and without sounding too harsh neither is working at a first glance.

The first one the key is way too big and the color scheme makes no sense. On the second it's very blurry.

You will need to use a vector program to alleviate that issue. It will also allow for your logo to be resized and keep all the aspect ratios.

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

Did you design these yourself?

blog/portfolio

Comment

#2 looks like something a gang would spray paint on the side of a train. I guess because the crown is used a lot in graffiti. I couldn't imagine something like that being used in a professional setting, but idk. My imagination's not what it used to be.
        "I used to wonder what friendship could be, Until you all shared its magic with me." - Jesus Christ

Comment

Yeah, I'm not really a designer but I need a logo to work with for my business cards. Eventually I would like it to be professional enough to have on my building.

Comment

Your best bet would be to hire someone, especially since this is for (I'm guessing?) an investment company.

blog/portfolio

Comment

If you want it to be professional, hire one. There's lots of talented professionals on this board and probably in your local area. Neither of these looks professional.
              “The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level we created them.” Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by nic_investments View Post
                Yeah, I'm not really a designer but I need a logo to work with for my business cards.
                Yes, I guessed that this was the case. I have no idea what kind of work your investment does, but if it's like most investment companies, you take other people's money and work with it somehow.

That being the case, your logo needs to reflect a sense of professionalism, stability, competence and conservatism. Potential clients want to see a logo that will give them a sense of confidence that you know what you're doing and that you have their best interests in mind.

Taking all this into consideration, cleverness in an investment logo is the wrong way to go. Keep it solid. Keep it conservative. Make it look like it's been around for a long, long time.

I don't mean to offend, but your logos look amateurish and convey a sense of all the wrong things. They scream an I-did-it-myself look that implies that your company isn't successful enough to afford a real design firm to do it right. In other words, these logos are not only not working, they would actually be counterproductive to your business by sending subliminal signals that you might not know what you're doing.

Comment

You get what you pay for...

Hire a professional. Seriously. Just because you have a set of tools doesn't mean you can fix a car or build a house.

There is a lot more that goes into a logo than just making something that looks cool.
                  http://brokenspokedesign.com

Comment

Originally posted by Cosmo View Post
                    There is a lot more that goes into a logo than just making something that looks cool.
                    And this doesn't look cool, sorry.

Hire a professional. Seriously.
                    Less marketing douchebaggery, MORE TANKS!

Comment

Originally posted by The Artist View Post
                      And this doesn't look cool, sorry.

Hire a professional. Seriously.
                      True. I was assuming the OP liked what he had done, however...
                      http://brokenspokedesign.com

Comment

He may think that, however I believe that some of the more frequent members here think otherwise.

The first one looks like it was done in Word and the second in MS Paint.
                        Less marketing douchebaggery, MORE TANKS!

Comment

So how much would it cost me to redo Logo 2 and have someone do it professional. I took a-lot of time and planning of logo 2 including the colors involved as well as the shape. But I am just not good enough at designing to make my vision come to life.

What I am looking for is someone that would be able to take the same image over logo 2 and redo it to where it is clearer, sharper, and overall, more professional. The color of the diamonds at the top though I want to be a different color. Red, Blue, Yellow, and Green.

Comment

Unfortunately, it's more than the execution that's off. The concept isn't working either.

I'll explain. A crown is an okay idea, I guess, if it were drawn right.

I don't know your reasoning behind the colors, but I assume that you have one. However, if it's not obvious to me, it might not be obvious to others and would, as a result, be non-functional, superfluous decoration.

The worst part, to me, is the squished, distorted and morphed letters that you've used to make up the body of the crown. Distorting letters like that just doesn't work unless, like has already been mentioned, you're after that urban gang graffiti look for your investment company, and I'm guessing that's not the case.
                            Last edited by B; 02-21-2012, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Obsidian86 View Post
                              #2 looks like something a gang would spray paint on the side of a train.
                              This was absolutely my first impression. What kind of investments is this company involved in?

Comment

Search

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• HotButton
                                Reply to For those who already have a color-accurate graphic design monitor
                                HotButton
                                Well I didn't say that, exactly.

While I'd stand by the point I did make, I will concede that whether you get something from it is up to you, not me....
                                Today, 01:06 PM
                              • HotButton
                                Reply to Student looking for advice
                                HotButton
                                This is evidence that you're not ready.

Laying down just one truly good, effective logo design is something that eludes many solid, capable, practicing graphic designers throughout their...
                                Today, 01:01 PM
                              • PanToshi
                                Reply to Student looking for advice
                                PanToshi
                                Do you know how to run your own albeit small business? Taxes, legalities, contracts, etc.? Are you in a position to take the financial hit if you screw up? I also think you should look for an internship...
                                Today, 12:58 PM
                              • Horrux
                                Reply to For those who already have a color-accurate graphic design monitor
                                Horrux
                                My color scheme is: 2 tones of dark green, a sandy off-white, beige, and a highlight color, in this instance the bright blue you see. I had tried a salmon pink, but it came too close to the beige-like...
                                Today, 12:58 PM
                              • wandermax
                                Reply to Title design for travel blog
                                wandermax
                                Oh boy, I didn't know splash pages were disliked this much, haha! I've never personally found them annoying, on the contrary, if their appealing it triggers my curiosity. Like a (good) book with a nice...
                                Today, 12:45 PM

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright © 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                              Working...
                              X