Move Remove Collapse
Search Search Module
Collapse

Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Carlo
    Reply to 50 Shades of Grey (with just one color swatch?)
    Carlo
    You could do it in illustrator.

Make your design with the lines.

And have the lines a rounded cap in the strokes panel

Draw a rectangle around the lines and keep...
    Today, 06:27 PM
  • kion
    Reply to So the powers that be...
    kion
    Welcome to the web, I moved into web design from laying out textbooks in print over five years ago and craziest thing is people keep shifting me more and more towards pure development. Here's a free resource...
    Today, 06:25 PM
  • Funsizeddesigns
    Reply to Vinyl over Contours
    Funsizeddesigns
    I have to do this at least once a week, and I am guilty of trying to discourage people in doing so, so many things can go wrong in the process. I usually make the vinyl about an inch up to 2" oversized...
    Today, 06:10 PM
  • kion
    Reply to Verizon's new logo
    kion
    Frankly it looks like someone picked a sans serif and typed up verizon real quick. Then they added a checkmark glyph as an afterthought because it would look rushed otherwise. In reality, I'm sure people...
    Today, 06:10 PM
  • ISitude
    Reply to Verizon's new logo
    ISitude
    verizon rather than veri zon

...works for me....
    Today, 05:56 PM

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You've laid down only the freshest gradients and stock splotch decorations. But where are the drop shadows and lens flares? You can't have a great logo without those.

But seriously, the bottom left one has potential. Tweak the font a little, get rid of the gradients and it will be pretty striking. Color it sage green for added effect.

Comment

Here they are simplified and put into black and white.

Comment

I still think the bottom right one is the best of the group. The edges of the A & G are hard to decipher, spacing them out might help.

Comment

Originally posted by VDM View Post
          I still think the bottom right one is the best of the group. The edges of the A & G are hard to decipher, spacing them out might help.
          Agreed. I prefer the bottom right.
          ♪ Butterfly in the sky,
          I can go twice as high.
          Take a look,
          It's in a book,
          A Reading Rainbow ♫

Reading Rainbow...

Comment

I think the bottom right is the one that you should focus on and try to improve. The other seem a little bit too confusing. The readability on the others is not great. If I didn't know, beforehand, what the word said it would take me a couple seconds to figure it out.

People shouldn't have to look at your logo and try to guess what the word is.

Comment

There are really some nice things going on in the bottom right logo. That said, the typography isn't as legible as it could be. If this were strictly a word mark, a stylized typographic treatment would be more warranted. However, the brush and its roots provide the visual interest, so if it were me, I'd give the type a more straight-forward and conservative treatment.

Just one other thing, now that I think about it. With a word like sage, I'd expect the imagery to be that of a sage, like a sage brush or the herb. The tree in the top logos definitely isn't a sage. And the brush in the bottom right logo isn't exactly a sage brush, but it could be with a few modifications.
              Last edited by B; 03-08-2012, 04:02 PM. Reason: Another thought

Comment

The two at the bottom left are quite interesting, and have an almost ambigram like quality to them. The readability is hampered a bit by the spacings being very tight, and the strong verticals.

The bottom right is the strongest conceptually, however it's very busy at the moment and could be simplified a lot without reducing the strength of the concept at all. Like <b> said, it would work great if the plant actually resembled a sage plant.

Comment

Appreciate the advice. Ill work on using a more legible font, and trying to incorporate a sage brush. I've had trouble finding a font where the back and front of the A and G are both straight lines. If they are not straight the concept seems to fall apart. Ill keep working on it.

Comment

The bottom right one has some really small detail that will get lost at smaller sizes or in certain printing methods. I would simplify it.
                    "Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
                    -Steve Jobs

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcher View Post
                      The bottom right one has some really small detail that will get lost at smaller sizes or in certain printing methods. I would simplify it.
                      This is partially why the bottom left version is stronger IMO, plus it kind of looks like knuckles. It's right between a word mark and an icon, it's still legible but you see the shape first then the letters.
                      Design is not decoration.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2015 Mediabistro Inc.
                      Working...
                      X