Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Cosmo
    Reply to EFI printers? Anyone have any experience?
    Cosmo
    We saw one run at a place we visited a few months back. It was running board (which is the vast majority of what we would be running) and we were very happy with what was coming off of it as well as the...
    Today, 12:10 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to Moving text background
    KitchWitch
    Hi Fstenbergp and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
    Today, 11:57 AM
  • fstenbergp
    Moving text background
    fstenbergp
    Hello GDF!

I would like to make some moving effects on the attached file if you may say so.

What I am wishing to do is create a perfect looping gif, where the text moves in...
    Today, 11:53 AM
  • skribe
    Reply to how got project of graphic designing
    skribe
    Welcome design square!

As you are a new member please take a few minutes and read though our rules and guidelines for new members. The following links should get you up to speed.
    Today, 11:27 AM
  • Kim
    Reply to How to start a proffesional "Name-Label-stickers" business?
    Kim
    Thanks for your time and answers.

As I said, I am COMPLETELY new and know nothing about how to make name labels and what equipment to use for this purpose.
    Do anybody know a guide...
    Today, 10:10 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You've laid down only the freshest gradients and stock splotch decorations. But where are the drop shadows and lens flares? You can't have a great logo without those.

But seriously, the bottom left one has potential. Tweak the font a little, get rid of the gradients and it will be pretty striking. Color it sage green for added effect.

Comment

Here they are simplified and put into black and white.

Comment

I still think the bottom right one is the best of the group. The edges of the A & G are hard to decipher, spacing them out might help.

Comment

Originally posted by VDM View Post
          I still think the bottom right one is the best of the group. The edges of the A & G are hard to decipher, spacing them out might help.
          Agreed. I prefer the bottom right.
          ♪ Butterfly in the sky,
          I can go twice as high.
          Take a look,
          It's in a book,
          A Reading Rainbow ♫

Reading Rainbow...

Comment

I think the bottom right is the one that you should focus on and try to improve. The other seem a little bit too confusing. The readability on the others is not great. If I didn't know, beforehand, what the word said it would take me a couple seconds to figure it out.

People shouldn't have to look at your logo and try to guess what the word is.

Comment

There are really some nice things going on in the bottom right logo. That said, the typography isn't as legible as it could be. If this were strictly a word mark, a stylized typographic treatment would be more warranted. However, the brush and its roots provide the visual interest, so if it were me, I'd give the type a more straight-forward and conservative treatment.

Just one other thing, now that I think about it. With a word like sage, I'd expect the imagery to be that of a sage, like a sage brush or the herb. The tree in the top logos definitely isn't a sage. And the brush in the bottom right logo isn't exactly a sage brush, but it could be with a few modifications.
              Last edited by <b>; 03-08-2012, 04:02 PM. Reason: Another thought

Comment

The two at the bottom left are quite interesting, and have an almost ambigram like quality to them. The readability is hampered a bit by the spacings being very tight, and the strong verticals.

The bottom right is the strongest conceptually, however it's very busy at the moment and could be simplified a lot without reducing the strength of the concept at all. Like <b> said, it would work great if the plant actually resembled a sage plant.

Comment

Appreciate the advice. Ill work on using a more legible font, and trying to incorporate a sage brush. I've had trouble finding a font where the back and front of the A and G are both straight lines. If they are not straight the concept seems to fall apart. Ill keep working on it.

Comment

The bottom right one has some really small detail that will get lost at smaller sizes or in certain printing methods. I would simplify it.
                    "Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
                    -Steve Jobs

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcher View Post
                      The bottom right one has some really small detail that will get lost at smaller sizes or in certain printing methods. I would simplify it.
                      This is partially why the bottom left version is stronger IMO, plus it kind of looks like knuckles. It's right between a word mark and an icon, it's still legible but you see the shape first then the letters.
                      Design is not decoration.

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                      Working...
                      X