Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• <b>
    Reply to My Life in Typefaces - Matthew Carter
    <b>
    I really didn't define what I meant by important. For that matter, I'll still leave it fuzzy since there's really no way to objectively measure such a thing.

As for Comic Sans, I'd say it's...
    Today, 06:01 AM
  • guiri
    Reply to Where can I find help with vehicle graphic design?
    guiri
    ISitude, thanks. You know, things would be soo much simpler if people just did what they're supposed to. ESPECIALLY if they have gotten paid. Oh well. Anyway, wraps are cool as hell and although I really...
    Today, 05:30 AM
  • ISitude
    Reply to My Life in Typefaces - Matthew Carter
    ISitude
    True that <b>. .. and Comic Sans is on most computers too ...sigh.

To me Zuzana's work is most notable because of the contribution to creating bitmap fonts from the most early days......
    Today, 03:46 AM
  • ISitude
    Reply to Where can I find help with vehicle graphic design?
    ISitude
    Sorry to read of your woes guiri, I agree with the comments above.

I'm currently doing a wrap design (my first one ever ) for tricked out minibus. Awesome canvas for me to be working with....
    Today, 03:24 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to EFI printers? Anyone have any experience?
    PrintDriver
    I've been using VUTEk printers since before they became part of EFI. They've always been top tier machines, though not necessarily the top of the top. I don't know this one personally and have never seen...
    Today, 02:02 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personal Logo Critique

I am a graphic design student looking to put myself out there as a young professional. I want to communicate maturity and skill in graphic design. I have a strong interest in typography and also wanted to show that through my logo.

What do you all think?
    Attached Files

for me the shifting baseline and x height is a little jolting, its almost like the words are crashing together. sort of chaotic. Kind of clashes with the elegant typeface you've chosen.

Comment

Yep - its really hard to read.

You could do a nice wordmark with this typeface though. You could do one where the descender of the y in Mandy is positioned next to the ascender of the b in Ebert, for instance.

Comment

I'll echo what others have said. I like the idea, but not the execution. Too hard to read.

And, honestly, I wouldn't expect someone with a love of typography to be distorting the letters in a typeface...
        http://brokenspokedesign.com

Comment

It feels to chaotic to be designed by a designer. The font used with it's semi-fancy serifs does not really suit the chaotic design either. Try improving the logo working with grids and alignment. Good luck!
          May the bridges I burn light the way.
          Portfolio

Comment

I get young from it, but perhaps too young for it to be professional. Feels more like a logo for a clothing or cosmetic line aimed for tweens.

blog/portfolio

Comment

My eyes are burning. Too jarring.
              "I love deadlines. I love the 'whooshing' sound they make when they go by." - Doug Adams
              LinkedIn

Comment

Is the M backwards?
                Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

^That's what I was thinking too. Very awkward.

blog/portfolio

Comment

It reads craft/hobby/etsy/scrap booking to me.
                    This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
                    "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

I don't really like the random geometric shape around the text. It doesn't add anything to the logo and it creates some awkward negative space at the top.
                      "Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
                      -Steve Jobs

Comment

Thank you for all of your helpful feedback. It is much appreciated. In light of your comments, I have decided to go back to the drawing board.

Comment

Originally posted by garricks View Post
                          It reads craft/hobby/etsy/scrap booking to me.
                          Is 'etsy' becoming an adjective, like 'Google' has become a verb?

Comment

Frankly, it was easier and read better than "crafty/hobbyish/etsyish/scrap-booky."
                            Last edited by garricks; 04-04-2012, 11:55 PM.
                            This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
                            "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

Originally posted by garricks View Post
                              scrap booky
                              (noun; criminal argot) -- an odds-maker, or betting agent, who accepts wagers for amateur fights

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X