Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• MichaelWied
    Reply to Some interesting Graphic Design debate discussions?
    MichaelWied
    Cool idea! I'm actually working on a blog myself. Just some advice that was given to me by someone who studies journalism is to have a years worth of content ready. So if it's a weekly blog, have no less...
    Today, 04:41 AM
  • garricks
    Reply to How to choose a scanner?
    garricks
    I bought a Canoscan based on PrintDriver's recommendation, and I'd buy another one in a heartbeat. It's a workhorse.
    Yesterday, 11:45 PM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to How to choose a scanner?
    PrintDriver
    There aren't that many scanners to choose from any more. I use a Canoscan 8800 and I'd buy another Canoscan in a minute. Good machine.
    Yesterday, 11:39 PM
  • Buda
    Reply to Client hasn't paid and is using my website!!
    Buda
    I would never hand over the work to an untrustworthy client without getting payment. You let this happen.

If you don't have a contract and deposit, take this as an expensive lesson to make...
    Yesterday, 09:35 PM
  • Buda
    Reply to Happy Last Friday of August!!!
    Buda
    It is a shame, but maybe we can do Quote of the Month?

There are some gems every now and then that are nice to relive in case we miss them the first time around. Thanks to you and Kool for...
    Yesterday, 09:31 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think if you go with the flow and just accept that the B is different it looks good. The B is working as part of a pack there. I would agree 'Mandy' is a little conventional but it's the surname that you want to remember. The 'y' is awkward though.

Comment

All I know is that I would love to have a Scrabble rack with those letters. There must be dozens of great anagrams in there too. (Look at the 'trendy' little loop going counterclock off the T, to start.)

Comment

Alrrrighhhttyyy.

I moved down the x height of the top line. I think that unifies it and adds more interesting elements there as well.

I also changed the y. I like that look of that much better. I think that is what it needed to fit in with the rest of the type. Thank you for that suggestion!
        Attached Files

Comment

Try curving the left line of the "A" to match the "Y" curve, and what if Mandy is even shorter? Make it an obvious difference so it doesn't look like a mistake and what if one word was a different color / grey?

Comment

Even those little changes have it looking better IMO.
            Originally posted by Rachel B View Post
            Try curving the left line of the "A" to match the "Y" curve, and what if Mandy is even shorter? Make it an obvious difference so it doesn't look like a mistake and what if one word was a different color / grey?
            Agreed.

Comment

Your slant is off -- the top letters are slanted just a tad more to the right than the lower letters are. The discrepancy might've been introduced during resizing, I'd guess.

The stem of the "Y" is so nearly "vertical" (i.e., the same slant as an "I" would be) that maybe it would benefit from a little more slant or the same amount as true "verticals" have.

Comment

Thank you so much, everyone! You'd helped me make a great logo. Here is something close to what I'll be going with.
                Attached Files

Comment

glad i won't be the one trapping that!

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

end art by me

Comment

one last comment... IMHO lose the red and green drop shadows. Keep it simple - I'd make one of those words red or green or whatever color you like, the other black. When printing in b&w the color will be grey.

Comment

I don't mind the colors, it adds a lot of energy. Of course there's going to be printing situations where they don't work, but you still have a basic black version for that.

Comment

The upper terminals of the T bother me. They seem to be angled a lot more than the stroke, and that isn't echoed in the rest of the letters.
                          http://brokenspokedesign.com

Comment

The alignment is a bit off. Try adjusting that a bit. Good luck!

May the bridges I burn light the way.
                            Portfolio

Comment

I like how you've progressed with this, but I definitely agree about the terminals, alignment and kerning needing some work.

Especially the angles on the first E in Ebert. Compare it to the angle and distance from the B beside it. It's way off.

Comment

Font has a similiar feel to avant garde, but for me the differing angle of the A compared to the rest of it is off putting. Not to mention the gap created by that angle difference. When I first read it I saw 'MA NDY'

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                                Working...
                                X