Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Red Kittie Kat
    Reply to What font is this?
    Red Kittie Kat
    Looks like Berling LTStd Bold... with a funky T. It's either been altered or from a different font.
    Today, 08:44 AM
  • Judy Smith
    Reply to The ad I posted in classifieds was not posted
    Judy Smith
    On the post, I had linked to a thread on this forum, wherein someone advised me to post the term "volunteer" in the subject line of the classifieds section....
    Today, 03:33 AM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to First Time App Project Advice Needed
    PanToshi
    Welcome to GDF dude

We ask all new members to read the very important links here and here. These explain the rules and how the forum runs. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every...
    Today, 02:17 AM
  • BillyLogan
    Reply to Opinions on My Logo?
    BillyLogan
    Absolutely better. Just make sure the tag line's readable if you ever print it....
    Today, 01:47 AM
  • BillyLogan
    Reply to Custom social icons
    BillyLogan
    For me, customizing your own social media icons reflect creativity and imagination. However, it may tend to look less professional because of the artistry of some people. So if you have a corporate website,...
    Today, 01:40 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all the feedback everyone. I see what you're saying that the way it's designed makes it look like it could represent a variety of things. I do like the flow of the logo though, so I think I will redesign it to still reflect that. It seems from what you're saying is to make it more obvious that I'm showing an "S" and a "D".

Lastly, I didn't use Times as a font. I can't remember the name right now, but it wasn't that.

Comment

Originally posted by Subtle View Post
      Lastly, I didn't use Times as a font. I can't remember the name right now, but it wasn't that.
      ok, oh well, that doesn't matter I was just taking a shot in the dark, I'm not always the best at guessing my fonts. Just stating that it was a really straightforward, boring font. :/.

Comment

Originally posted by infinity View Post
        ok, oh well, that doesn't matter I was just taking a shot in the dark, I'm not always the best at guessing my fonts. Just stating that it was a really straightforward, boring font. :/.
        Yeah it's alright we all make mistakes sometimes. Anyway I'm off to bed so if anyone replies I'll answer tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by DNDesign View Post
          He means it just looks like a very poorly constructed letter "D" that doesn't mean anything, or a harp.

What is the purpose of the drop shadow? If you want something "clean and simple" why would you throw in something as meaningless as a drop shadow?
          I see what you mean about adding useless things to clutter the design. Thanks for the feedback, it really is appreciated, even if it's that my work is horrible. :P

Comment

I wish people didn't feel the need to post their thoughts and feelings on the internet.
            (kind of an ironic statement there).
            But, if someone is just starting design as a 'hobby', what observations can possibly be made that would benefit anyone else except the creator of the blog?

(I'm not getting this younger generation. Actually I get it, but this constant need to share everything is going to be one big technological downfall...)

Comment

Originally posted by PrintDriver View Post
              I wish people didn't feel the need to post their thoughts and feelings on the internet.
              (kind of an ironic statement there).
              But, if someone is just starting design as a 'hobby', what observations can possibly be made that would benefit anyone else except the creator of the blog?

(I'm not getting this younger generation. Actually I get it, but this constant need to share everything is going to be one big technological downfall...)
              Well that's kind of the point, isn't it? Say I didn't share my things, for example, I'd still be using my logo I created instead of trying to amend/change/redo it, and it's all because of everyone's feedback.

Sharing things isn't particularly a bad thing, and you should be able to start anything you want as a hobby.

Comment

As long as you don't start charging money for it under the pretext of Professional design, sure.

I've often wondered where a logo would turn out if all the advice given here was followed.
                Or what would happen if Milton Glaser posted a logo anonymously. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by PrintDriver View Post
                  As long as you don't start charging money for it under the pretext of Professional design, sure.

I've often wondered where a logo would turn out if all the advice given here was followed.
                  Or what would happen if Milton Glaser posted a logo anonymously. LOL.
                  Yeah I know that. I definitely won't be charging for my creations, since I'm not even close to a professional.

Comment

Not a bad effort in my opinion. Needs to be cleaned up a lot though and a lot more work needed. Work on the logo - Definitely drop the shadow. (I apply shadows only when requested and usually with a tear in my eye). The fonts need some more thought too. Basically every element needs attention....
                    Never trust someone, who, if left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesnt try it on..

Comment

I gotta say, I'm with PD here.

It doesn't feel like you're in this for the long haul. It's like you've gone to a lot of effort to do anything but actually learn design. It's arse about tit. Will there be some actual studying going on? You know, with classes. Or will it just be a big folder with internet feedback?

Comment

Your logo contradicts itself. There's nothing simplistic about shoehorning two letters into a weird shape.

Comment

I still don't understand why anyone thinks graphic design is a "hobby". If you want to make art for yourself, that's fine, that's a hobby. But don't give anything away for free. As for your logo, get your sketchpad out, and do some brainstorming.
                          “The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level we created them.” Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Brie View Post
                            I still don't understand why anyone thinks graphic design is a "hobby".
                            Hello, have you met etsy? People start with scrapbooking, then a friend asks for a "logo," and suddenly they're making greeting cards for an etsy store.

These people call it a hobby because it's not a primary job, they most likely don't pay any taxes related to what they create, and when they think of "professional designers," they think of Mad Men and other such agency shinola.
                            This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
                            "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

G, I was venting...I have recreated so many logos this week and its only wednesday.
                              “The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level we created them.” Albert Einstein

Comment

Yeah, I was venting some too.
                                This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
                                "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                                Working...
                                X