Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Alexpetrovic
    futuristic UI design
    Alexpetrovic
    Hi,

I have a personal sci-fi ui project i have been working on that no one has seen from the beginning so i would gladly appreciate some critique.

thanks in advance
    Today, 10:20 PM
  • MichaelWied
    Where do you find talent?
    MichaelWied
    Hey all you Art Directors! I'm starting to get my portfolio spruced up again as I feel held back at my current job (and no, there is no room to grow, it's a very stagnant position). I know there's online...
    Today, 08:38 PM
  • <b>
    Reply to Anybody else noticing Google home page has seemed to have reverted to an older style?
    <b>
    It looks the same to me, whether using Chrome or Safari. The only thing different I see in Chrome is the absence of Google asking me to switch to Chrome.
    Today, 08:33 PM
  • GRow
    Reply to Nightclub Flyer/Poster Design
    GRow
    For the first 5 years I spent designing I never once cared about good kerning. 4 years later I'm noticing it and making mental notes not to forget about it. With flyer design like this it can make all...
    Today, 08:11 PM
  • HotButton
    Reply to I am SO confused about vehicle wrap design?
    HotButton
    ^Right.

Or at least...

Just like you would produce a client's design in accordance with specs and guidelines from a printer, sign maker, label manufacturer, etc., you shop for...
    Today, 08:03 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VDM View Post
    Your logo contradicts itself. There's nothing simplistic about shoehorning two letters into a weird shape.
    Well I dunno, but when I think of simple, I think of less. Two letters vs 1 that incorporates both elements together. I think the logo is actually more simplistic. BUT, I do realize that the logo does need a lot of work. I don't deny that.

To the others that have been critiquing, I feel that I have not fully explained myself and you guys seem to be assuming things. First of all, I am NOT a professional designer. I am not close to one and I won't be for a while. Second, I fear that I have mislabeled myself. When I refer to "graphic design", I mean anything related to digital visual creation. I am sorry for this, that is most entirely my fault.

What my blog IS for, is for the wide variety of things I do: wallpapers, some logos possibly and things like that. I just want to share my content, I'm not really looking to sell anything or services (Not like anyone would want them anyway). What I DID want to do is design a logo for my blog so that it can look more complete. And no I would really rather not have someone else create one.

Now that I got that out of the way, these are some things I think will have to happen for my design:

-Most definitely rework the logo.
    -I think one thing that could POSSIBLY be a problem is the name. Perhaps I should consider something else so I don't seem like a branding design website?

Lastly, I would just like to say, while I appreciate all of your criticism, could you please lighten up on some thing when you act as if I should know everything. I am just starting out, and I'm learning new things, so I won't know everything about typefaces and such, so please don't be hard on me for things like that.

Thanks guys (And girls if there are any)

Comment

"less" comes in many forms, you appear to be thinking less quantity, but less complexity is what you should be after
      Design is not decoration.

Comment

Originally posted by kemingMatters View Post
        "less" comes in many forms, you appear to be thinking less quantity, but less complexity is what you should be after
        I know what you're saying, but if you think about the concept itself, I would think it wouldn't be that complex.

Anyway, I think I'm just going to restart the whole process. I'll be able to at least know which way I should go about my design, and think about all of the different ways my logo could be perceived. I think that's what you're all trying to get at, correct?

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
        Working...
        X