Collapse

Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• JeffSC
    Reply to Agency or in-house?
    JeffSC
    I have only worked as an in-house designer. I'm the creative director for the marketing department of a state college. I'm in charge of four distinct higher-ed brands. I have tons of creative freedom...
    Today, 02:22 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Reply to Google logo
    kemingMatters
    I think that's the point B, they do a lot to mock their competition, like bidding Pi at the Nortel Patent Auction. They are somewhat the anti-apple and I suppose that means being loud, lighthearted and...
    Today, 02:16 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Reply to Illustrator Interface
    kemingMatters
    Or just memorize the hot keys so you don't need to look at the tool bar
    Today, 01:16 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Comment on New to digital design, any advice for creating a PDF for a website?
    kemingMatters
    Right someone will need to update either way, but with PDF someone will need to update and distribute, whereas having a single annex like a web page, your endusers will always have the most current information...
    Today, 01:08 PM
  • Kool
    Reply to Dreamland logo
    Kool
    Added to my Netflix list
    Today, 12:57 PM

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VDM View Post
    Your logo contradicts itself. There's nothing simplistic about shoehorning two letters into a weird shape.
    Well I dunno, but when I think of simple, I think of less. Two letters vs 1 that incorporates both elements together. I think the logo is actually more simplistic. BUT, I do realize that the logo does need a lot of work. I don't deny that.

To the others that have been critiquing, I feel that I have not fully explained myself and you guys seem to be assuming things. First of all, I am NOT a professional designer. I am not close to one and I won't be for a while. Second, I fear that I have mislabeled myself. When I refer to "graphic design", I mean anything related to digital visual creation. I am sorry for this, that is most entirely my fault.

What my blog IS for, is for the wide variety of things I do: wallpapers, some logos possibly and things like that. I just want to share my content, I'm not really looking to sell anything or services (Not like anyone would want them anyway). What I DID want to do is design a logo for my blog so that it can look more complete. And no I would really rather not have someone else create one.

Now that I got that out of the way, these are some things I think will have to happen for my design:

-Most definitely rework the logo.
    -I think one thing that could POSSIBLY be a problem is the name. Perhaps I should consider something else so I don't seem like a branding design website?

Lastly, I would just like to say, while I appreciate all of your criticism, could you please lighten up on some thing when you act as if I should know everything. I am just starting out, and I'm learning new things, so I won't know everything about typefaces and such, so please don't be hard on me for things like that.

Thanks guys (And girls if there are any)

Comment

"less" comes in many forms, you appear to be thinking less quantity, but less complexity is what you should be after
      Design is not decoration.

Comment

Originally posted by kemingMatters View Post
        "less" comes in many forms, you appear to be thinking less quantity, but less complexity is what you should be after
        I know what you're saying, but if you think about the concept itself, I would think it wouldn't be that complex.

Anyway, I think I'm just going to restart the whole process. I'll be able to at least know which way I should go about my design, and think about all of the different ways my logo could be perceived. I think that's what you're all trying to get at, correct?

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2015 Mediabistro Inc.
        Working...
        X