Move Remove Collapse
Search Search Module
Collapse

Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Kayekaye
    Reply to I'm new here! Come critique my works yah?
    Kayekaye
    Very talented, congratulations on graduating. Though we do not put our nationality and religion on our resumes. I would remove that even though it means a lot to you, unless you prefer to work only in...
    Today, 07:15 AM
  • Kayekaye
    Reply to ArtMap Tri/Fold Brochure - constructive feedback welcomed!
    Kayekaye
    Are all the art products photos placed? Seems like it could use more art photos. The background is busy. I think the art photos should be the art, not all the colored type and busy backgrounds. There...
    Today, 07:05 AM
  • Kayekaye
    Reply to Personal rebrand logo critiquing (first post)
    Kayekaye
    You've got some nice negative spaces going on there. But I agree the S is not readable, I too thought it was an ampersand. First thing I would try is the arm connecting the K and S to be underneath the...
    Today, 07:00 AM
  • Kayekaye
    Reply to 'Beeeh': Logo critique
    Kayekaye
    Looked at it without reading the brief. I do this because customers are not going to get the chance to read a brief before they see a logo. Cute sheep, couldn't read or understand the word underneath,...
    Today, 06:44 AM
  • Kayekaye
    Reply to ps eps too blurry in Indesign
    Kayekaye
    Thanks interesting article, but that's not where I am going. Just rules for a design element that is imitating some blueprint lines. I think I will have to place each photo in boxes then I can use those...
    Today, 06:38 AM

Powered by mediabistro.com
Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dris View Post
    #4 is the most promising to me in terms of shapes and colour. The "studio" bit could probably fit nicely in the reactangle created by the right side of the 4 and the top of the five.
    Thanks Dris -
    I had fitted the 'Studio' in the stem in sample six?
    Never trust someone, who, if left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesnt try it on..

Comment

No I mean inside of this shape in the the top right.
      /|Studio

If that makes any sense?

Comment

I also like no 4... 'studio' isn't quite right for me - can you play around w it a bit? It just doesn't quite go with the 45, maybe it's a touch too small, or should be bold... definitely don't like the font in 1-3, doesn't go w the 45.

Comment

just a thought: make 'studio' bigger and run it between the 4 and 5, parallel with the diagonal of the 5, breaking into the 4 towards the base and running into the triangle of the 5, making it white where it intersects the 4.
          Then it's integrated w the 45, not an afterthought

Comment

I think the bottom of the 4 might look good if it followed the same diagonal as the upper part of the 5, rather than being horizontal (does that make sense?)

Comment

So is it your intention to make a visual reference to the famous Studio 54? I mean the name is close enough and your graphic leanings are leaning toward that era.

blog/portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by Virgo Nightingale View Post
                So is it your intention to make a visual reference to the famous Studio 54? I mean the name is close enough and your graphic leanings are leaning toward that era.

Nope not at all - although that crossed my mind after when I looked at it - but then it was a common font in the 70s - The logo itself doesnt look like S54 other than theres numbers in it and the font is 'retro'.
                Never trust someone, who, if left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesnt try it on..

Comment

i dont see the 45 either. It's quite hard. i guess that's the contempoary part of your logo? i would suggest if you're trying to incorporate 45 like within the design itself, then add the 45 and then tweak the insides of the 45 to a shape you like. sort of a negative design effect.

Comment

I think Rachel b had a good idea

Comment

Originally posted by Paj View Post
                      I think the bottom of the 4 might look good if it followed the same diagonal as the upper part of the 5, rather than being horizontal (does that make sense?)
                      I second the motion!
                      Some advice is profound, some is clever. The above post is a good example of both.
                      http://www.pedrospracticaljokes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel B View Post
                        just a thought: make 'studio' bigger and run it between the 4 and 5, parallel with the diagonal of the 5, breaking into the 4 towards the base and running into the triangle of the 5, making it white where it intersects the 4.
                        Then it's integrated w the 45, not an afterthought
                        I see what you mean but isnt that quite like the first three? Studio being intergrated to the 45? I also agree about the font - its screaming hair studio to me at the moment!

Also I have tried to do as you said there but it doesnt work (Unless I am not getting what you are saying) Studio just looks like its 'plonked' there....

God, it so much easier designing logos for clients!
                        Last edited by Jahbuzzz; 04-24-2012, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Paj View Post
                          It does - tried it - looks interesting but even less like 45 - even by my standards!

Comment

no, it is different, I'd post it but that's against the rules. It was kind of tucked into the middle of the logo... if you try what I said you'll see.

Cause what I did was copy the logo and mess with it till I got something I liked (my midnight - 2 am entertainment, like when I'm too tired to go to bed and find something worthwhile in the crit pit).

BTW I think you are almost to a really fine logo

Comment

no, it is different, I'd post it but that's against the rules. It was kind of tucked into the middle of the logo... if you try what I said you'll see.
                              I did try it but I cant see it working - could you email me what you mean? If thats not breaking any rules ....

Comment

BTW I think you are almost to a really fine logo
                                Thanks for that - I feel like chucking it at the wall and seeing how it lands at the moment...

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2015 Mediabistro Inc.
                                Working...
                                X