Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Diggidy
    Graphic Designer for mobile video game
    Diggidy
    We are in need of a Graphic Designer for mobile video game. The game is a 2D platformer style game.
    Please send your resume/website/past work in order to be considered. In return you will be sent...
    Today, 04:30 PM
  • <b>
    Reply to Crisp web graphics, how?
    <b>
    That will produce worse results. For example, if you specify the size in which the image displays as 200 x 200 pixels, but you upload a 300 x 300-pixel image, your browser will still need to display that...
    Today, 03:53 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Reply to Crisp web graphics, how?
    kemingMatters
    Sorry I'm not familiar with square space, so .svg might not be the answer. Is your MBP at retina model?
    Are you exporting as png from illustrator? have you tried saving for web via photoshop?...
    Today, 03:32 PM
  • Cosmo
    Comment on High School Football Program
    Cosmo
    Yeah. I can't tell you how many ads I got that was literally four or five photographs cut up with scissors taped to a piece of notebook paper with barely legible handwriting on it. I was always so tempted...
    Today, 03:32 PM
  • N2950H
    Reply to Modifying a 3D plane in Illustrator
    N2950H
    Sorry about that, I'm embedding it this time.

I am basically trying to warp an area of the object I have created in Illustrator, but I tried the "warp" function and it isn't what...
    Today, 02:57 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dris View Post
    #4 is the most promising to me in terms of shapes and colour. The "studio" bit could probably fit nicely in the reactangle created by the right side of the 4 and the top of the five.
    Thanks Dris -
    I had fitted the 'Studio' in the stem in sample six?
    Never trust someone, who, if left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesnt try it on..

Comment

No I mean inside of this shape in the the top right.
      /|Studio

If that makes any sense?

Comment

I also like no 4... 'studio' isn't quite right for me - can you play around w it a bit? It just doesn't quite go with the 45, maybe it's a touch too small, or should be bold... definitely don't like the font in 1-3, doesn't go w the 45.

Comment

just a thought: make 'studio' bigger and run it between the 4 and 5, parallel with the diagonal of the 5, breaking into the 4 towards the base and running into the triangle of the 5, making it white where it intersects the 4.
          Then it's integrated w the 45, not an afterthought

Comment

I think the bottom of the 4 might look good if it followed the same diagonal as the upper part of the 5, rather than being horizontal (does that make sense?)

Comment

So is it your intention to make a visual reference to the famous Studio 54? I mean the name is close enough and your graphic leanings are leaning toward that era.

blog/portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by Virgo Nightingale View Post
                So is it your intention to make a visual reference to the famous Studio 54? I mean the name is close enough and your graphic leanings are leaning toward that era.

Nope not at all - although that crossed my mind after when I looked at it - but then it was a common font in the 70s - The logo itself doesnt look like S54 other than theres numbers in it and the font is 'retro'.
                Never trust someone, who, if left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesnt try it on..

Comment

i dont see the 45 either. It's quite hard. i guess that's the contempoary part of your logo? i would suggest if you're trying to incorporate 45 like within the design itself, then add the 45 and then tweak the insides of the 45 to a shape you like. sort of a negative design effect.

Comment

I think Rachel b had a good idea

Comment

Originally posted by Paj View Post
                      I think the bottom of the 4 might look good if it followed the same diagonal as the upper part of the 5, rather than being horizontal (does that make sense?)
                      I second the motion!
                      Some advice is profound, some is clever. The above post is a good example of both.
                      http://www.pedrospracticaljokes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel B View Post
                        just a thought: make 'studio' bigger and run it between the 4 and 5, parallel with the diagonal of the 5, breaking into the 4 towards the base and running into the triangle of the 5, making it white where it intersects the 4.
                        Then it's integrated w the 45, not an afterthought
                        I see what you mean but isnt that quite like the first three? Studio being intergrated to the 45? I also agree about the font - its screaming hair studio to me at the moment!

Also I have tried to do as you said there but it doesnt work (Unless I am not getting what you are saying) Studio just looks like its 'plonked' there....

God, it so much easier designing logos for clients!
                        Last edited by Jahbuzzz; 04-24-2012, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Paj View Post
                          It does - tried it - looks interesting but even less like 45 - even by my standards!

Comment

no, it is different, I'd post it but that's against the rules. It was kind of tucked into the middle of the logo... if you try what I said you'll see.

Cause what I did was copy the logo and mess with it till I got something I liked (my midnight - 2 am entertainment, like when I'm too tired to go to bed and find something worthwhile in the crit pit).

BTW I think you are almost to a really fine logo

Comment

no, it is different, I'd post it but that's against the rules. It was kind of tucked into the middle of the logo... if you try what I said you'll see.
                              I did try it but I cant see it working - could you email me what you mean? If thats not breaking any rules ....

Comment

BTW I think you are almost to a really fine logo
                                Thanks for that - I feel like chucking it at the wall and seeing how it lands at the moment...

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                                Working...
                                X