Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• ISitude
    Reply to how got project of graphic designing
    ISitude
    I've found that being able to explain why a client should go with my firm is key. Clearly showing a benefit to their brand is all important. You must be able to articulate their concerns through your...
    Today, 04:37 AM
  • ISitude
    Reply to My Life in Typefaces - Matthew Carter
    ISitude
    All I can say about Ray Gun is ...awesome stuff ...well worth studying for all those interested in learning about typography and it's various shades of gray!

Like you say <b> the most...
    Today, 04:26 AM
  • Kayekaye
    Reply to Honest critique for a wedding design
    Kayekaye
    The typeface is stiff and boring for a wedding, used way too much. The border is very '70's with a nod to art deco, neither of which go well with your Chinese characters. No it's not common knowledge...
    Today, 04:06 AM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to Big hello from China
    KitchWitch
    Hi Janet and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything...
    Today, 03:08 AM
  • janetm1000
    Big hello from China
    janetm1000
    Hi there,

my name is Janet! I'm from Germany, but live and work in China.
    I used to work in interior design and did quite a lot of 3D modelling for event companies as well in my past....
    Today, 02:59 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pm me your email... I dumped the first one I did, will send an approximation. You'll have to play w it a bit, and I did it in psd cause that's what I work fastest in so don't have a stroke when you get a jpg...

but I'm going offline, so tonight
    Last edited by Rachel B; 04-24-2012, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jahbuzzz View Post
      Thanks for that - I feel like chucking it at the wall and seeing how it lands at the moment...
      know just what you mean - for me that means it's time to walk away from it for a few weeks and then when I come back it's all new. And I'll either love it or hate it and will know immediately what to do with it

Comment

Originally posted by Sammie View Post
        Congrats on the Bambino

Do you have any other designs handy? It would be nice to be able to see something different, perhaps we can shed some light on those?
        Just took a look back at my original sketches and work ups and this one caught my eye - Probably because I can see this more as a whole identity - seeing as I am looking at getting a website together

Never trust someone, who, if left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesnt try it on..

Comment

Hey Jah,

Yeah, it's good as a starting point, it's more simplified and more legible. I'd tweek around with it and see what you can come up with. The overall shape would translate well on various mediums that you might need it on.

Comment

I like the first one better, this is very conventional

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel B View Post
              I like the first one better, this is very conventional
              I agree - I guess I was just getting frustrated with it - I will take a further look....
              Never trust someone, who, if left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesnt try it on..

Comment

Jahbuzzz— While I like your first design and the revises of the original, I think the concept needs a little more work.

Essentially— if you can get the 5 to read better you probably have it. There has been a lot of comment about the 45 not being easily understood at first glance. Have you thought of this: Keep the 45-shapes pretty much like the original but let the complete studio name read vertically with an addition of "45" above the triangle of the 4-shape—in the same letter as "studio"— as a continuation?

There is something very delightful about the 45-shapes you have—just as a design. I'd say use it—in conjunction with a total name statement. There have been some comments about this having a retro look. You are using simple, powerful geometric forms that belong to no era.

Here's a couple of additional thoughts: I think the shapes come off better when the triangle shapes of the 4 and 5 line up. I think the 5 in the revises looks better than the original 5-shape. See what happens when the "s" of "studio" lines up with the base of the revise 5-shape. Good Luck.
                Last edited by sully1251; 05-02-2012, 06:39 PM.
                http://www.paulsullivanstudio.com

Comment

There is something very delightful about the 45-shapes you have—just as a design. I'd say use it—in conjunction with a total name statement. There have been some comments about this having a retro look. You are using simple, powerful geometric forms that belong to no era.
                  agreed

and you realize the only person who cares is ultimately you - if the logo isn't perfect your clients sure as hell won't notice, they don't know design - that's why they come to you.
                  As far as I can tell it doesn't matter how cool your logo is, business seems to be around 90% word of mouth, so if you're good and do a good job for a good price...

Comment

agreed

and you realize the only person who cares is ultimately you - if the logo isn't perfect your clients sure as hell won't notice, they don't know design - that's why they come to you.
                    As far as I can tell it doesn't matter how cool your logo is, business seems to be around 90% word of mouth, so if you're good and do a good job for a good price...
                    The wisest words I've heard in a long time - I may in fact nick that and post it on my FB site!

Well its been a while my lovelies but I have saved up enough courage to post my new website which isn't live yet because it still needs some work.
                    http://wwwstudio45net.businesscatalyst.com/index.html

Comment

ooohhhh I am flattered!

Comment

Ahem.....

Comment

gesunteit

Comment

BTW the logo looks good,
                            real quick on your site
                            you have a typo in your about section, we are, we do, and then you switch to the first person, I'm sure I can accomodate you, something like that. dead give away.

The work link connects to the contact page, so there's no work posted

Comment

BTW the logo looks good,
                              real quick on your site
                              you have a typo in your about section, we are, we do, and then you switch to the first person, I'm sure I can accomodate you, something like that. dead give away.

The work link connects to the contact page, so there's no work posted
                              Thanks Rachel! I saw that at the end alright. The work button does work but it needs to be clicked near the top. This is because the buttons are at a slant I think and the 'Clickable' bits overlap. As you can see by my terminology I am no web designer so I would very much appreciate anyones advice on this?

Comment

So I know my little thread here has seemed to have joined the realms of the tumbleweed but I've made a few tweaks to the site including a 'how we do it' bit - I'd be interested in what you think...
                                http://stuidio45.businesscatalyst.com/how-we-do-it.html

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                                Working...
                                X