Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like the left one better. Though it looks like boobs in the logo. (Certainly will appeal to the guys, lol)
    "I love deadlines. I love the 'whooshing' sound they make when they go by." - Doug Adams
    LinkedIn

Comment

there won't be any money involved if I can't get anything accomplished!! haha

Comment

hahah badass! BOOBS! perfect way to catch my target audience's attention......seriously....haha

Ok, still trying stuff here.....

Comment

You're likely not going to like this, but I still prefer the first (as a basis, with some modifications) to anything else in the thread. It's got a solidity none of the rest have. My eye sees it as a thing rather than just some text with fonts applied.

This is my experience; your mileage may vary: When using more than one font for so small a chunk of text, I've found it's awfully hard to achieve a unified, finished appearance unless the fonts are very closely related or designed to work together as a pair.

Not sure whether bewbage is a plus or a minus. In logotype design, that is.

Comment

Meffy, I agree the first one had more of a concept but using the dial indicated speed rather than luxury. It may have been more suited to a more generic motor identity, like a magazine.

Now it appears the OP is throwing out designs in desparation, due to time and necessity, than well thought out concepts. What's needed is something to draw the logo together in one idea like the first one but that indicates luxury. Or just a kick-ass monogram.

Comment

The dial might not have been the best way to go, but I did like the name in that font and the idea of some kind of graphical device over it. That "The" in the dot was a no-go, of course, and I could see dramatically reducing the size of the graphical part compared to the text.

And I agree that a random shotgun approach isn't likely to work well at this point. If it were my project (disclaimer: I am not known for good time management skills) I'd pick one or two of the best text arrangements and concentrate on a few "luxury" graphics that fit them stylistically.

Comment

Originally posted by Gromit801 View Post
                Hey, do we all get a cut from this group effort? lol.
                You had the choice not to hit reply sir.
                In life there are a lot of grey areas; not in the conception phase of logo design.

When a person asks you to do work for nothing in return, they are saying to your face, "You're worthless but useful to me."

Shall is a direct command whereas the verb will is a prophecy of the future.

http://www.behance.net/tmt

Comment

Originally posted by alphaduck View Post
                  Lets see what kind of feedback I can get on these..

I know it's not "there" yet... I'm loving the honest feedback and critique, this has to be perfect, and fit the "elite" image... Again, maybe i'm "overthinking it" Simplicity can be elegant in itself, I just have to find the perfect combination

Middle is quite nice. I'd also play with the right, maybe a diamond shield fusion.
                  In life there are a lot of grey areas; not in the conception phase of logo design.

When a person asks you to do work for nothing in return, they are saying to your face, "You're worthless but useful to me."

Shall is a direct command whereas the verb will is a prophecy of the future.

http://www.behance.net/tmt

Comment

The curly/stabbity "M"s don't grab me but I do like that gemstone. It works well in black and white and connotes luxury, no puzzling-out required.

Comment

I liked your first logo most, but think you could alter it a bit. I would love to see what the left-most 2nd from bottom (from post 42) looks like combined with your very first logo, with the diamond as the center for the dial.

Comment

Thanks for all the great feedback. A few questions:

Meffy: It's not that i'm trying to have a random shotgun approach, as much as I am trying to be creative / come up with something appealing to the elite. It may seem "shotgun"-ish since I keep having a problem bc I've never created a luxury brand from scratch. My other fear is that the diamond may imply a jewelers.

TomMonTom- When you say play with the right diamond shield fusion, do you mean you'd take the far right one without a diamond, and include it somewhere else, both inside a shield?

Silverwisp: Thanks for the input, I'm not sure I'm following with how you would put the diamond in the center dial? You mean remove the M from the tachometer and keep the font?

Comment

I guess I was thinking to include the diamond as part of the m. I dunno, it was late when I posted. >.<

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                          Working...
                          X