Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Review Label Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
Search Search Module
Collapse

Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

  • KitchWitch
    Reply to Hi GDF!
    KitchWitch
    Hi Chankaleng and welcome to GDF.

    We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
    Today, 11:48 AM
  • bluenite
    Open corrupted qxp files
    bluenite
    I accidentally deleted a QXP file ver.9.1 (os win64). In the recycle bin wasn't too. After his recovery with Recuva I found him restored. But QXpress is not able to open. Message is the same as opening...
    Today, 11:09 AM
  • chankaieng
    Reply to Some of my sketches, my true passion!
    chankaieng
    Generally the above shows you ve got a good base in proportion for human and animals

    in my opinion, your sketch can be improved if you can make the contrast stronger, you may make use of...
    Today, 08:29 AM
  • chankaieng
    Hi GDF!
    chankaieng
    Hi all, I'm Chan Ka Ieng, passionated in illustration, I would like to explorer here to get some great ideas and, at the some time I hope I can be insightful to interacte with members here, lets get improvement...
    Today, 08:19 AM
  • Serpent
    Looking for a logo Design for my Electronic/Software company!
    Serpent
    Designers with Atheistic, Serpent and Dragon 'inclinations' will be a added advantage.
    Anybody interested may please contact
    roythomas@uroborostech.in or uroborostech@gmail.com
    ...
    Today, 07:45 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Review Label

    Hey there, working on some drafts for an Acne Face Wash line. Here are some rough drafts. Any feedback appreciated.










  • #2
    I would help if you provided more information on what these are. A school assignment, I'm guessing? Packaging labels? Product inserts? ads? If product labels, are we looking at the front, sides & back. Will they go on boxes or on bottles? What?

    The success of design has more to do with how well the design solves the entire problem. Without a good understanding of the problem, we're reduced to just commenting on the superficial aspects of how what you've done looks.

    Comment


    • #3
      The top one says "Lemon Acne Wash," and it a photo of an orange.

      In all of them, the fruit look squashed, or is covered up too much.
      "I love deadlines. I love the 'whooshing' sound they make when they go by." - Doug Adams
      LinkedIn

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by <b> View Post
        I would help if you provided more information on what these are. A school assignment, I'm guessing? Packaging labels? Product inserts? ads? If product labels, are we looking at the front, sides & back. Will they go on boxes or on bottles? What?

        The success of design has more to do with how well the design solves the entire problem. Without a good understanding of the problem, we're reduced to just commenting on the superficial aspects of how what you've done looks.

        Sorry - I am new to this! These are product labels for a skin care company that is looking to sell acne products.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by sterg17 View Post
          Sorry - I am new to this! These are product labels for a skin care company that is looking to sell acne products.
          That's a good start. Is this primarily going to be targeted to teenagers? What sex? Both? When you design something, you should take into consideration who the design/brand should appeal to.
          It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

          Comment


          • #6
            It would be good to see just the front of the packaging aswell. Let us get an idea of how it will look on the shelf, which is v important. All laid out like that it's difficut to know where sides stop and start.

            Comment


            • #7
              There is such a focus on the fruit that the packaging seems like it would be for the the fruit rather than an acne product. I don't think the static pictures of fruit work well here.They lack any association with the target market and are a mute point. So I don't think it is appropriate to make them the driving focus/concept.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by roth View Post
                it would be good to see just the front of the packaging aswell. Let us get an idea of how it will look on the shelf, which is v important. All laid out like that it's difficut to know where sides stop and start.
                +1

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by sterg17 View Post
                  Sorry - I am new to this! These are product labels for a skin care company that is looking to sell acne products.
                  Originally posted by Roth View Post
                  It would be good to see just the front of the packaging as well. Let us get an idea of how it will look on the shelf, which is v important. All laid out like that it's difficult to know where sides stop and start.
                  +2

                  Product labels on what packaging specifically? Is it a bottle? A box? Is it a tub? A tube? A bar? What shaped container? How does the label wrap the container? How does it look from the front or from the side? How many different containers will the brand have? Your acne cream will not be in the same sort of container as a bottle of face wash, now will it.

                  Did you do any sketches before plopping oranges and lemons on a rectangle? Can we see them? What other ideas do you have?
                  Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by tZ View Post
                    There is such a focus on the fruit that the packaging seems like it would be for the the fruit rather than an acne product. I don't think the static pictures of fruit work well here.They lack any association with the target market and are a mute point. So I don't think it is appropriate to make them the driving focus/concept.
                    Would you rather a piktur of a huge zit?

                    To the OP, is this a for real project/client?
                    Can you link us to the brief if it's a crowdsource?

                    Comment

                     
                    home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                    Working...
                    X