Reply to Confessions
    kemingMatters
    LOL @ "I never test on IE"
    Today, 02:41 PM
  • seamas
    Reply to Advice for logo
    seamas
    No.

I would lose the curve at the bottom of the K and be done with it....
    Today, 02:33 PM
  • kinner
    Reply to Advice for logo
    kinner
    hey, thanks! yep I agree. Tho here's a screenshot of the original K and my logo.
    Actually, I was wrong - I didn't make the rounding bigger, I just changed it's curve coz it was not a perfect circle...
    Today, 02:24 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to Open corrupted qxp files
    KitchWitch
    Hi Jiri and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
    Today, 02:15 PM
  • sketxz!
    Reply to HELLO
    sketxz!
    Hello! Welcome to the forum. May I ask where are you from?
    Today, 02:09 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by infinity View Post
    I had made a couple changes to it, making the name bigger than the film strip, but turns out that name is already taken, so...he's back to square one of thinking of a "creative" name.
    87 Studios?

Why can't you keep the film but get rid of the upper and lower panels? I don't see why they're there. Make the name bigger and there you go. Everybody happy.

Comment

Yea "a number and studios" its been used quite a lot. Why dont you try finding words related to the field in other languages and mixing them up to see if you can come up with something unique, even if it doesnt literally mean anything.

Comment

Roth, the upper and lower panels were originally intended for the animation, it was going to be as it the film was scrolling and you could see his logo in the frames.

Juan, thats a good idea, but not really mine to make as its not my company lol. I will pass the suggestion on to him though.

Comment

Originally posted by infinity View Post
          Roth, the upper and lower panels were originally intended for the animation, it was going to be as it the film was scrolling and you could see his logo in the frames.
          So just add them for the animation.

You're doing that thing again where you post in the critpit then have a reason for not following through with any advice given. It's like, "yeah, i know it's weird but it's weird for a reason. So that makes it all right." It's just bizarre.

Comment

I have taken into consideration the advice given, and even made the appropriate changes to it, and sent the new ideas to him. Unfortunately though as I said before he is having to change his name yet again due to the name "86 studios" already being in use.

I apologize roth for misinterpreting your post, it was late when I was reading it.

Comment

maybe make the slanted slots rounded out too.
              In life there are a lot of grey areas; not in the conception phase of logo design.

When a person asks you to do work for nothing in return, they are saying to your face, "You're worthless but useful to me."

Shall is a direct command whereas the verb will is a prophecy of the future.

http://www.behance.net/tmt

Comment

Originally posted by Roth View Post
                So just add them for the animation.

You're doing that thing again where you post in the critpit then have a reason for not following through with any advice given. It's like, "yeah, i know it's weird but it's weird for a reason. So that makes it all right." It's just bizarre.
                People will be people.
                In life there are a lot of grey areas; not in the conception phase of logo design.

When a person asks you to do work for nothing in return, they are saying to your face, "You're worthless but useful to me."

Shall is a direct command whereas the verb will is a prophecy of the future.

http://www.behance.net/tmt

Comment

Originally posted by TomMonTom View Post
                  maybe make the slanted slots rounded out too.
                  I'll suggest that to him too, depending on how he does the animation, between the film scrolling and the length of it im not too sure whoever sees it would even be able to tell what the slants look like. Being as most of the attention will be on the logo, frames, and the movement, however I don't know that much about animation so I could be very wrong. I may even be able to shrink the size of the slants so they aren't so big.

I have to wait for the new name though before I can continue with this.

Comment

Originally posted by Ali-oh-dear!
                    Is he a quirky film-maker? If he is then your logo design can reflect that - weird for a REASON is perfectly acceptable - Roth is just playing it too safe in my opinion.
                    'Weird' wasn't my first choice.

Comment

i understand you will change the name but if the same concept is still there, to simplify i would minimize the extra panels. there is no need for that much extra. and the side holes (forgetting appropriate name) seem rather large, maybe it is due to the diamond-like shape.
                      Dribbble Page
                      Behance Portfolio
                      Linkedin Profile

Comment

I'm sure this layout will stay most likely, it not changing slightly, but if it does i'll be making the appropriate changes. Probably making the film strip smaller and bringing the name up a little more to bring more attention to it.

Comment

The mark (Film) is a bit generic. Why not focus on making the actual logotype really unique? You can do something wonderful simple and still leave a impact by modifying a typeface.

Then any establishments (Flim, Color etc.) can come on promotional materials such a business cards, letter heads, flyers etc.

By including it in the logotype itself, you're limiting yourself for the future.

Hope this has been helpful.

Comment

Can you imagine what this logo will look like as a small watermark in the corner of a screen? Will it be readable? Nope.
                            It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

thanks J ill try something like that once I get the info and ideas from him for his new name. I'm not sure if he will want to keep the same idea, or come up with something new for his new name.

Yea, i know buda. I haven't done much on this as we aren't using it any more.

Comment

If you make the logo mark nice enough, and you show him some examples of how it could be applied to other materials, you'll win him over.

We do this all the time with out clients.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                                Working...
                                X