Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• skribe
    Reply to Latest Bloomberg Businessweek Cover
    skribe
    Wow. I would be hanging my head in shame if I created that, and it got published all over the world.
    Today, 06:23 AM
  • skribe
    Reply to Please Help
    skribe
    What you have there looks like it is embroidery possibly by hand....
    Today, 06:07 AM
  • skribe
    Reply to Logo design for Game Developer
    skribe
    @Printdriver Nice find. So I just had to do some digging to keep in practice. The original design was done by an individual named John Le aka Dragonkhn. Apparently the Backtrack group did use it originally...
    Today, 05:30 AM
  • skribe
    Comment on Logo design for Game Developer
    skribe
    Double yikes!
    Today, 04:57 AM
  • PrestoArts
    Reply to Logo design for Game Developer
    PrestoArts
    So help me understand if you don't mind me further pestering you all. I like the "concept" of a dragon wrapping around a word. I've done some sketches trying different things. Am I in the wrong...
    Today, 01:15 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• friend/clients logo

He has already approven the logo, just thought I would see what everyone thinks, see if anyone comes up with any different ideas for this. I was pretty much told what to put into the logo, he gave me the fils strip idea, and pretty much everything else, I was just in charge of designing the layout of it.

However I'm open to any extra ideas if anyone has them.

In case its not completely obvious he is a film major.
    Attached Files

It's a little complex to be a logo, don't you think?

Imagine it at business card size. The actual name is going to be so small you won't be able to read it.
    http://brokenspokedesign.com

Comment

Actually, I designed this at 1"x1" and it was still legible, honestly I was surprised, but yea, I could still make out what it was, and not just cuz I was designing it. I mean granted I could probably make the name a little bigger, it has plenty of room.

He is mostly going to be using this as an animation though in his films, I think the only time he will use it in print is most likely for his business cards.

Any suggestions for simplifying it? Like I said the name in a frame on a film strip is what he is wanting.

Comment

It really bugs me that it's not centered... I don't know if you did that on purpose to signify movement but yeah... it irks me.
        Less marketing douchebaggery, MORE TANKS!

Comment

oh wow, oops I didn't even notice that till now, :/ normally I'm right on top of that. Thanks, I've been looking at this thing so long that slipped right past me.

Comment

Yes, you can still read it, but if it were me, I'd want the name of my company to be prominent, not something you have to search for.
            http://brokenspokedesign.com

Comment

I don't think it works as a logo with the surround. The 86 studio on its own would work better - even if it is legible when scaled down - why would you want to make your audience squint?
              Never trust someone, who, if left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesnt try it on..

Comment

right, I totally agree. Does it make a difference though that this is going to be mainly used for animation? Plus, on business cards Ive never really seen the logo as small as 1"x1" they are normally bigger than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Jahbuzzz View Post
                  I don't think it works as a logo with the surround. The 86 studio on its own would work better - even if it is legible when scaled down - why would you want to make your audience squint?
                  Yea, I think the film background is more coming in from his animation.

And I agree with the squinting, but personally I think anything with type scaled down as small as 1"x1" is going to make the viewer squint. Especially if it is incorporated with a logo. I mean thats rather small.

Comment

Film strip could be used for animation sure but I believe 86 studio by itself should be the logo (as someone as already said)

Comment

Why are the "holes" on the sides of the film skewed?

I'd imagine the film would tear after a couple trips through the machine.
                      Heresy is a victimless crime.

Comment

Thats what he wanted, its actually an element from his previous logo. He told me he wanted to keep the slants, said he likes the look of that better rather than the the way they normally are.

Comment

The company name is too small.

There's no hard and fast percentage, but if your company name is less than 20% of of your logo, it's probably too small.

To me, this looks like a logo placed within a poster design or something. The logo is really just the company name. The rest is "fluff".
                          It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

I had made a couple changes to it, making the name bigger than the film strip, but turns out that name is already taken, so...he's back to square one of thinking of a "creative" name.

Comment

Totally agree, just live the film for the animation and keep the "86 studio" on its own

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X