X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midnight at the Boar's Head

Just wondered if I could get some feedback on this- it's for a festival theatre piece. Quite folky, pub vibe. Any ideas on how to get the bottom text '20th may' etc to blend in better?

Cheers!

I'm just doing this in my head, so it may or may not look good on paper...

Why make it blend? Why not make it stand out? Put a brown box across the bottom and reverse the text out of it.
    http://brokenspokedesign.com

Comment

Originally posted by Cosmo View Post
      I'm just doing this in my head, so it may or may not look good on paper...

Why make it blend? Why not make it stand out? Put a brown box across the bottom and reverse the text out of it.
      That might ground the piece a bit as it currently feels a little top-heavy.

The thing that bugs me about the design is the position of the moon kind of makes the boar look like it has a dorsal fin.
      Design is not decoration.

Comment

I love the personality in the image and type on the top. Not sure what the moon stars thing is though and I think the spacing you made between that and the boar is a little much. The bottom text could use work. Is that news gothic? I'd try something else there.

Comment

The bottom font is kind of neat compared to that in the graphic. Along with any other treatments (such as reversing out the color) maybe you could distress the outlines a little, roughen them up so the lettering doesn't look so clean. More rustic, more in line with swilling and such stuff.

Comment

Many thanks for your feedback! Here's a second draft with your points taken into consideration...

Comment

It may be just me, but I would suggest adding a bit more space between the Box office # and the URL, maybe even some more between the 22ND MAY and TICKETS also (this could help you square up the 2 date lines also).
              Design is not decoration.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
              Working...
              X