Midnight at the Boar's Head

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midnight at the Boar's Head

Just wondered if I could get some feedback on this- it's for a festival theatre piece. Quite folky, pub vibe. Any ideas on how to get the bottom text '20th may' etc to blend in better?

Cheers!

I'm just doing this in my head, so it may or may not look good on paper...

Why make it blend? Why not make it stand out? Put a brown box across the bottom and reverse the text out of it.
    http://brokenspokedesign.com

Comment

Originally posted by Cosmo View Post
      I'm just doing this in my head, so it may or may not look good on paper...

Why make it blend? Why not make it stand out? Put a brown box across the bottom and reverse the text out of it.
      That might ground the piece a bit as it currently feels a little top-heavy.

The thing that bugs me about the design is the position of the moon kind of makes the boar look like it has a dorsal fin.
      Design is not decoration.

Comment

I love the personality in the image and type on the top. Not sure what the moon stars thing is though and I think the spacing you made between that and the boar is a little much. The bottom text could use work. Is that news gothic? I'd try something else there.

Comment

The bottom font is kind of neat compared to that in the graphic. Along with any other treatments (such as reversing out the color) maybe you could distress the outlines a little, roughen them up so the lettering doesn't look so clean. More rustic, more in line with swilling and such stuff.

Comment

Many thanks for your feedback! Here's a second draft with your points taken into consideration...

Comment

It may be just me, but I would suggest adding a bit more space between the Box office # and the URL, maybe even some more between the 22ND MAY and TICKETS also (this could help you square up the 2 date lines also).
              Design is not decoration.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• B
                Reply to Help with the lost website!
                B
                FTP is short for File Transfer Protocol, which is just an Internet protocol used to transfer files to and from FTP-enabled servers. An FTP client would typically be used to retrieve the actual WordPress...
                Yesterday, 10:25 PM
              • pilotguy251
                Reply to Tips on a redesign of my logo/watermark?
                pilotguy251
                I apologize and thanks for your response. Took a look at the Forum Rules, FAQ's and Guidelines as I like to post in the most respectful way possible when joining a new forum. Here it is in full size...
                Yesterday, 10:20 PM
              • Aur0x
                Forum singnature
                Aur0x
                Hi guys

ide like to get a forum signature done up for me. It needs to be 555 pixels by 125 pixels

i want to use this image and have my name (Aur0xx) in red in a cool font to...
                Yesterday, 09:16 PM
              • PanToshi
                Reply to Tips on a redesign of my logo/watermark?
                PanToshi
                Hi Pilotguy and welcome to GDF.

I can't see the mark too well with the added watermark over it. You say it contains a plane and a train (which I can't see). Where did you get those elements?...
                Yesterday, 08:26 PM
              • PanToshi
                Reply to Does anyone design T-Shirts and have their E-Store?
                PanToshi
                To add to what B has said, although you are approaching the endeavor as a ''free time'' hobby-like weekend project, it is indeed a business and will need to be treated as such. Without a business plan,...
                Yesterday, 08:16 PM

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
              Working...
              X