Collapse

Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• KitchWitch
    Reply to Saying Hi (again) as Crow Pebble
    KitchWitch
    Welcome back, Michael. Just as a formality...

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you...
    Today, 09:33 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to Critiques on resume design
    KitchWitch
    Hi Birbal and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
    Today, 09:32 PM
  • salsa
    Reply to Critiques on resume design
    salsa
    Neither of them are very strong typographically, to be honest. I appreciate that you're interested in typography, so many people don't care and I'm used to seeing layouts like this, just not from someone...
    Today, 07:52 PM
  • Crow Pebble
    Saying Hi (again) as Crow Pebble
    Crow Pebble
    Hello, my name is Michael. I was a member of these forums years ago (can't even remember my user name now) but shamefully let my participation lapse. I've been working as a designer in-house for 15 years...
    Today, 07:30 PM
  • Guacamoley
    Reply to Help and Critique in explaining and showcasing a skill in photoshop/design
    Guacamoley
    Hi PrintDriver

Thanks for taking the time to look at my issue, I have mislead the situation I believe for you coming up with the CNC industry idea. What I was more so after was help in explaining...
    Today, 06:53 PM

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RKS View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions!

By the way, yeah, it's Inkscape.

@palo1, what do you mean the "OS" alternative for Illustrator? I assume you mean Mac OS.
    Sorry, I forget that "OS" can mean many different abbreviations. In this interpretation, I meant "Open Source", not "Operating System."
    ~People like me are the reason people like you take medication~
    Portfolio

Comment

Two minor items: Russian speakers will probably see the backward "R" as the letter "Ya", and the upper curve of the "S" comes uncomfortably near to the "K". Not sure there's any easy / attractive way to address either of these, though, and they are minor. (For instance, I can easily imagine trying to open up that close approach and ending up wrecking the S curve.)

Comment

The penguin NOT related to the logo. I thought two threads were unnecessary.

I only know Spanish and English, so I doubt Russian speakers will even get the app.

I saw the recommendation for changing the S curve, but I spent 15 minutes trying to perfect that. I think it will be ruined if I screw with it.

Thanks for all the crits and all the future ones!
        Last edited by RKS; 04-20-2012, 04:05 AM.

Comment

I guess that I've just seen too many cute little penguins or puffins or whatever they are lately. This one's from the Chinese social networking Mac app called QQ.

Last edited by B; 04-20-2012, 05:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Meffy View Post
            Two minor items: Russian speakers will probably see the backward "R" as the letter "Ya", and the upper curve of the "S" comes uncomfortably near to the "K". Not sure there's any easy / attractive way to address either of these, though, and they are minor. (For instance, I can easily imagine trying to open up that close approach and ending up wrecking the S curve.)
            it also feels a tight to me, and the s in games comes too close to the k as well. Can you wing out the bottom leg of the k on a slightly wider angle? Think it would balance better.

Comment

I have nothing to critique here, overall it looks like a fine piece of cartoon work neatly done. Except a small adjustment. The shadow cast from a fan doesn't quite look right there.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2015 Mediabistro Inc.
              Working...
              X