Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• iyiyi
    Reply to Anybody use a Mac Mini?
    iyiyi
    Other than Cosmo, have any of you had "bricking" issues with mac minis? I have done a lot of research and he is the first person to bring up that issue. And fwiw, I was planning on getting a...
    Today, 08:38 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Comment on 48" Single sided retractable banner stand with 2 poles?
    KitchWitch
    Hi SamEvs and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links below. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything...
    Today, 08:25 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Comment on Anybody use a Mac Mini?
    kemingMatters
    "The best 2014 mac mini is a 2012 mac mini" FTW
    Today, 08:21 PM
  • Cosmo
    Cosmo
    Yeah. After reading that, I feel even more strongly about my opinion to not buy one.

I would look for a gently-used (or refurbished) iMac.
    Today, 08:15 PM
  • Cosmo
    Cosmo
    We had four of them. One lasted a year. The others not so long. I believe it's the fact that the Minis don't cool very well. I know ours always ran hot.

I've also heard that the new Minis...
    Today, 08:13 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RKS View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions!

By the way, yeah, it's Inkscape.

@palo1, what do you mean the "OS" alternative for Illustrator? I assume you mean Mac OS.
    Sorry, I forget that "OS" can mean many different abbreviations. In this interpretation, I meant "Open Source", not "Operating System."
    ~People like me are the reason people like you take medication~
    Portfolio

Comment

Two minor items: Russian speakers will probably see the backward "R" as the letter "Ya", and the upper curve of the "S" comes uncomfortably near to the "K". Not sure there's any easy / attractive way to address either of these, though, and they are minor. (For instance, I can easily imagine trying to open up that close approach and ending up wrecking the S curve.)

Comment

The penguin NOT related to the logo. I thought two threads were unnecessary.

I only know Spanish and English, so I doubt Russian speakers will even get the app.

I saw the recommendation for changing the S curve, but I spent 15 minutes trying to perfect that. I think it will be ruined if I screw with it.

Thanks for all the crits and all the future ones!
        Last edited by RKS; 04-20-2012, 04:05 AM.

Comment

I guess that I've just seen too many cute little penguins or puffins or whatever they are lately. This one's from the Chinese social networking Mac app called QQ.

Last edited by <b>; 04-20-2012, 05:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Meffy View Post
            Two minor items: Russian speakers will probably see the backward "R" as the letter "Ya", and the upper curve of the "S" comes uncomfortably near to the "K". Not sure there's any easy / attractive way to address either of these, though, and they are minor. (For instance, I can easily imagine trying to open up that close approach and ending up wrecking the S curve.)
            it also feels a tight to me, and the s in games comes too close to the k as well. Can you wing out the bottom leg of the k on a slightly wider angle? Think it would balance better.

Comment

I have nothing to critique here, overall it looks like a fine piece of cartoon work neatly done. Except a small adjustment. The shadow cast from a fan doesn't quite look right there.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
              Working...
              X