X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buda View Post
    You have Illustrator CS5 and you haven't jumped all over the width tool?

OMG. That is my favourite feature of CS5.

Learn about it and make it your closest friend.

Also, I can't see any reason why you would colour this in Photoshop. A photo editing programme. Use Illustrator for the lines and the colours.
    I've used illustrator nearly every day of my life for the last 6 years, and this is the first I've heard of the Width tool

Seems like it could have saved me some time in the past
    "I used to wonder what friendship could be, Until you all shared its magic with me." - Jesus Christ

Comment

Originally posted by Bob View Post
      Just use the 'copy abilities' power when you 'cover' another artist's work.

[That was a joke Kool. Not a very good one, but it wasn't very smart-ass either.]

So, once you get a handle on vector drawing, what do you plan to do with the skills?
      Originally posted by seamas View Post
      It better not be world domination, 'cause I called dibs!

[/ dumbass comment]
      No worries, I know some will have to see what the limits of my "Let's keep it professional in this one single forum" campaign. You'll know you went too far when you find that you can no longer see the Crit Pit

Comment

Originally posted by Obsidian86 View Post
        I've used illustrator nearly every day of my life for the last 6 years, and this is the first I've heard of the Width tool

Seems like it could have saved me some time in the past
        If it makes you feel any better, the width tool only rolled out with CS5 so it's only about 2 years old.

And the cool thing is, you can use the width tool on old Illustrator projects you have done to make them suddenly a whole lot better.
        It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Growing up in my first couple academic years using Photoshop almost exclusively, I was swearing profusely up and down when I was first introduced to Illustrator during my senior year of college, referring how big of a pain it was to master when I could do the same thing in Photoshop at a fraction of the time.

I now use Illustrator almost exclusively for my artwork when given the choice between Photoshop and Illy. It still takes me longer than Photoshop, but it makes life far easier and saves time in terms of revisions and printing. Funny how that works out, no?
          ~People like me are the reason people like you take medication~
          Portfolio

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
          Working...
          X