Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Diggidy
    Graphic Designer for mobile video game
    Diggidy
    We are in need of a Graphic Designer for mobile video game. The game is a 2D platformer style game.
    Please send your resume/website/past work in order to be considered. In return you will be sent...
    Today, 04:30 PM
  • <b>
    Reply to Crisp web graphics, how?
    <b>
    That will produce worse results. For example, if you specify the size in which the image displays as 200 x 200 pixels, but you upload a 300 x 300-pixel image, your browser will still need to display that...
    Today, 03:53 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Reply to Crisp web graphics, how?
    kemingMatters
    Sorry I'm not familiar with square space, so .svg might not be the answer. Is your MBP at retina model?
    Are you exporting as png from illustrator? have you tried saving for web via photoshop?...
    Today, 03:32 PM
  • Cosmo
    Comment on High School Football Program
    Cosmo
    Yeah. I can't tell you how many ads I got that was literally four or five photographs cut up with scissors taped to a piece of notebook paper with barely legible handwriting on it. I was always so tempted...
    Today, 03:32 PM
  • N2950H
    Reply to Modifying a 3D plane in Illustrator
    N2950H
    Sorry about that, I'm embedding it this time.

I am basically trying to warp an area of the object I have created in Illustrator, but I tried the "warp" function and it isn't what...
    Today, 02:57 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Logo for a Web/Graphic Desginer- take 2

So, I took your advice and did close to 40 sketches. I don't have a workin scanner, so I have to transfer some of them in illustrator.

Here is one last change to my original computer logo. I added an artists beret to the computer. I will add my other sketches soon. Thanks for all the help with logo design.
    Attached Files

Comment

Here are a couple options from my sketches. I have a few more sketches I like that I will post also. I appreciate any input.
      Attached Files

Comment

I think you are going in reverse. That first one looks like a tree growing out of a box. Can't tell what the others are supposed to represent. Also the second ones read "Ryan D aniels"
        http://brokenspokedesign.com

Comment

Here is two more options.
          Attached Files

Comment

One more.
            Attached Files

Comment

Last one with a neon sign type font. I don't know how it will fit in with my identity on my website though.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by rdan173; 04-23-2012, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Website with new logo.
                Attached Files

Comment

If you like it, then use it.
                  http://brokenspokedesign.com

Comment

"I am very passionate about print and web design that requires my creativity and technical skills."

But what's your opinion about print and web design that doesn't require those things? It seems like a run-on sentence gone bad.

The entire site is dark and suffocating and monochrome. Many of the curves are broken.

The neon sign logo is OK. However the two stands at the bottom are in perspective but the type is not.

Comment

You REALLY need to have someone proof read the information on your site, the way you have "Design & Get feedback" is very poorly written. "you can OK one"....really?

You have to sound professional, not only look it.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. I will proof read the site more. I tryed writing it kind of stuffy and proffessionally, but I think I should show some of my personality through my writinng, since it is my personal portfolio site. Do you suggest I use some gradients, more tints, textures to make the colors/design more interesting? I like the colors and don't mind dark, but maybe it needs more white space in between things.

For the logo I will add some perspective to the words. The stands are like electric coils on generators, so maybe I could make the font buzz like with electricity or leave it like neon. Thanks again, you have helped me alot.

Comment

Here are my final options. Could you tell me which one is more successful. The ones on the right have slightly more kerning.
                          Attached Files

Comment

My personal Logo reworked

Hi, hoping you can critique my logo again. I'm happy with this version. I added the outline to the font to make it look less formal and I added the pallette to the computer. I hope this represents myself as an artist and not a 40 year old computer sales man, but I'd like to hear your critique. Thanks for any constructive help.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I really like the concept. It almost seems to be too literal of an interpretation of the computer monitor, though.

Out of my own curiosity, could you try to remove the curve from the top-right corner of the monitor, just have the vertical line cut off right before the "R," then shift the bottom of the monitor (stand and all), stretching the width of the monitor, so it appears to be a widescreen.

I'm not saying this is a solution, just an idea to play with.

Best of luck!

Comment

I think it's cool! It's only in one colour though - I think you could introduce another colour - blue or navy - which will help the colour palette stand out more

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                                Working...
                                X