• yhd007
    Reply to Graphic Designer salary
    yhd007
    I asking about the salary in the US.
    Today, 12:26 PM
  • Cosmo
    Reply to Graphic Designer salary
    Cosmo
    There is no "average". What may be a great salary here may be below poverty level in other places. And, different companies pay different amounts.
    Today, 12:22 PM
  • Cosmo
    Reply to Pantone, CMYK question for printing using Illustrator CS6
    Cosmo
    Nobody is asking anyone to teach. That's not what I'm saying. What I am saying is if you are unsure as to how to send a file to a printer, call them and ask. For instance, in the packaging world Illustrator...
    Today, 12:19 PM
  • yhd007
    Graphic Designer salary
    yhd007
    I joined this forum recently and received a lot of love from my fellow members. So I thought I'd ask this. I'm from India and would be moving to the US to pursue college. My major will be graphic design....
    Today, 11:58 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to RGB + CMYK
    PrintDriver
    Considering what you posted in your introductory thread, and the questions you just asked here, are you really in a space where you should be offering "professional" services as a "designer"?...
    Today, 11:30 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi I wanted those last two computer screen logos to look more like computer screens than the letter D. Do you think either of them work for logos or how I can improve them. Do you think it is too literal for the computer. I been having a lot of trouble designing an abstract logo that works. Maybe I need to practice, so I am posting a re-worked version of the neon lights word mark.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Remove all that electricity crap (too much detail - way too literal - you're making accurate representations of things again rather than distilling an idea like in those links Paj put up) and try the type in black. It looks at this small size like a decent font. Even keep the angled perspective. THERE's your logo. Because nothing else is even coming close to working.

Comment

• Do yo umean remove the tesla coils also and just leave the font. I was thinking of adding onexwith just the font. I saw on logopond an infinity symbol connected to two tesla coils and it was yellow like neon. The tesla coils were just three lines, so it was better as abstract. I think if I kept just the coils it would differ enough from it. I understand it still too literal
        m

Comment

• Originally posted by rdan173 View Post
          Do yo umean remove the tesla coils also and just leave the font.
          Yes. Just your name. Nothing else.

Comment

• Originally posted by roth View Post
            yes. Just your name. Nothing else.
            +1
            Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

• Here is with just my name and a simplified stand/electric coils.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Take the stroke off the black version.

And NO electric coils.

Comment

• Is this the best version, thanks?
                  Attached Files

Comment

• At last! I really like this.

Now it's time to start refining. Some parts are awkward. That space where the 'Ty' and 'ea' below it meet is busy, a few too many angles. The y's stem is getting lost. The 'r' at the end descends maybe too much.

The way the 'e' and 'z' stack up is really nice though. And that' the feeling you're after - a natural flowing cohesion. It will take trial and error, but you now have something very solid to work with.

Comment

• Here is the logo with your suggested changes, I think it does read better now thanks. I think a word mark is better for me since its more like a signature. My idea for the electric coils being kinda of like frakenstein because I like creating web pages with the latest technology and I think I can make unique stand out websites as well as more professional grid based websites. Was the problem with the elec coils the concept or execution or both, by the way, thanks?
                      Attached Files

Comment

• A huge improvement. Still gotta work on those awkward joins - the z and the e is great, but the others need work.

Comment

• Do either of these two work. I tried improving the joins of the letters by increasing the leading and tracking, and still keep the letters close enough to have good flow.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Rdan, almost there. Bump up the leading even more, so the "T" serif doesn't touch anything. The "YE" "EZ" connections are clever; leave that. Ditch the angle/skewing, as it serves no purpose. The font is already in italic, so let it read straight on.

Lastly, adjust the kerning, and you got yourself a nice little wordmark, my friend!

Comment

• What about with skewed or not?
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Lose the skewed version, it doesn't add anything overall. Focus on the horizontal orientation. The "y" to the "e" connection needs further refinement, it doesn't look fluid enough. You can achieve this by raising up "Tyler" a bit to allow more room for the "y" to make a more fluid connection. All you'd need to do is to extend the vertical serif on the "z" to merge with the "e".

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                                Working...
                                X