Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• KitchWitch
    Reply to Hi GDF!
    KitchWitch
    Hi Chankaleng and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
    Today, 11:48 AM
  • bluenite
    Open corrupted qxp files
    bluenite
    I accidentally deleted a QXP file ver.9.1 (os win64). In the recycle bin wasn't too. After his recovery with Recuva I found him restored. But QXpress is not able to open. Message is the same as opening...
    Today, 11:09 AM
  • chankaieng
    Reply to Some of my sketches, my true passion!
    chankaieng
    Generally the above shows you ve got a good base in proportion for human and animals

in my opinion, your sketch can be improved if you can make the contrast stronger, you may make use of...
    Today, 08:29 AM
  • chankaieng
    Hi GDF!
    chankaieng
    Hi all, I'm Chan Ka Ieng, passionated in illustration, I would like to explorer here to get some great ideas and, at the some time I hope I can be insightful to interacte with members here, lets get improvement...
    Today, 08:19 AM
  • Serpent
    Looking for a logo Design for my Electronic/Software company!
    Serpent
    Designers with Atheistic, Serpent and Dragon 'inclinations' will be a added advantage.
    Anybody interested may please contact
    roythomas@uroborostech.in or uroborostech@gmail.com
    Today, 07:45 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seamas View Post
    it's very rare that a religion isn't a mix-up of a bunch of other religions.

I can't think of a single one that isn't evolved from others.

I always found "belief system" to be an interesting combo of words.
    +1
    http://brokenspokedesign.com

Comment

Am I crazy to think this isn't really a request for a critique as much as a blast looking for validation? No offense meant, but the way the op is written makes me wonder.

Regardless. It's expressive art not design. If you feel accomplished about the final image then that is that.
      Seriously, read this.

Comment

Overall, you have a beautiful mystical effect with all the layers, and the colors are beautiful. A lot of symbology is in this piece, which adds a deeper element to the design.

Jesus looks awfully cliche to me, but that's personal... (I'd love for someone to make him how he actually was someday - Jewish.)

However, you have a few centers of interest fighting with each other, which creates a chaotic feel - (this will probably sound like pure gobbledegook to you, but I'll give it a go), the eye is following the lights and you have the hebrew symbols in the circles, Jesus, the white thing behind him and the guy on the right along with the whatever it is in the sky above the pyramid all working against each other. This is why it feels confusing and chaotic.
        You will have to sacrifice some things to make this work as a cohesive whole - darken some of these areas, decide what is the most important thing and de-emphasize the rest.

But all in all it is a lovely start, just keep going - try to unclutter and streamline it - (and you don't need to delete things, just get your lights and darks in order).

The beauty of photoshop is you can make copy after copy, revert back to the original, so you're not gonna mess it up beyond repair... can't do that with a painting.
        Last edited by Rachel B; 04-28-2012, 06:45 AM.

Comment

oh god my poor face

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel B View Post
            oh god my poor face
            In his image....

Comment

Jesus looks awfully cliche to me, but that's personal... (I'd love for someone to make him how he actually was someday - Jewish.)
              How exactly do we make him look more Jewish, ask him to show us his "birthright?

Comment

All these responses and yet the original poster never came back.

Jesus wept.

Comment

Jesus looks awfully cliche to me, but that's personal... (I'd love for someone to make him how he actually was someday - Jewish.
                  Apparently this is what Jesus really looks like. It was painted by Akiane Kramarik, a child prodigy who claims she has visions of Jesus. Another boy who died in the hospital and was resuscitated by the doctors claims to have seen Jesus while he was dead. When he saw this painting, he said it was the only accurate painting of Jesus that he's seen.
                  "Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
                  -Steve Jobs

Comment

Originally posted by seamas View Post
                    It was certainly quite an undertaking, but when you have hundreds of thousands of slaves and a extremely centralized government/cult, such things are not out of the ordinary.
                    (had it been constructed with the point on the bottom--THAT would be a mystery)
                    Contrary to some popular depictions, the pyramid builders were not slaves or foreigners. Excavated skeletons show that they were Egyptians who lived in villages developed and overseen by the pharaoh's supervisors.
                    http://www.nationalgeographic.com/py.../pyramids.html

I give the work a 3.372 because like cake it is greater than pi
                    Last edited by MD; 04-28-2012, 07:29 PM.
                    Some advice is profound, some is clever. The above post is a good example of both.
                    http://www.pedrospracticaljokes.blogspot.com/

Comment

ouch

Comment

Originally posted by MD View Post
                        Contrary to some popular depictions, the pyramid builders were not slaves or foreigners. Excavated skeletons show that they were Egyptians who lived in villages developed and overseen by the pharaoh's supervisors.
                        http://www.nationalgeographic.com/py.../pyramids.html

I give the work a 3.372 because like cake it is greater than pi
                        Aha! very cool, thanks!

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                        Working...
                        X