X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rate my picture please? <3 † † †

Hey guys, I made this picture in about 2 hours or so idrk good estimation. Anyways, I wanted to illustrate my beliefs in a really cool looking picture so I made this and wanted to get your opinion and an overall rating on it.

If you are interested in knowing about the details in this picture then please check this out. There is a lot of detail in this photo. The guy sitting down meditating is Yeshua (Jesus), in the background is Star of David which represents "as above so below", the eye is the same eye you will see on the back of an US $1 bill, which is like the all seeing eye, God's eye, your 3rd eye, the pine cone on top of me meditating represents the "pineal gland" which this is the same pine cone that is located in the Vatican city as a statue, you'll also see the ancient Egyptian bird in the image as well which is located right beside the actual statue in the Vatican city. To your left is the Tree of Life, also known as Kabbalah. Adam and Eve is behind the Kabbalah; below them you will notice a guy being held down which is Isaac being sacrificed to YHWH (God) by his father Abraham which symbolizes the coming of Christ. Between the Star of David and the Tree of Life, Yeshua Ben Yosef (Jesus) is being crucified on the cross. Above him you will notice YHWH looking down from the sky. To the right of the Star of David you will see Moses holding the tablet containing the 10 commandments. Above him is an angel ascending into Heaven, and if you look beside him you will see crosses for the Jesus and others that were crucified as well. Also, basically on top of Moses and a little to the left, you will see ancient Egyptian pyramids which represent on how unique and mysterious they are. I love these things because even today we don't know how they built them, and how the tip of the pyramid aligns perfectly with a star above it, which also draws out their God they worshiped when you connect the dots. This is because of there astrology beliefs and is just crazy how a society thousands of years old have technology that is in a way more advance than some of the stuff that we have these days because they didn't take out the spiritual things in their work. Below Moses you will see King Solomon's Brass Vessel, which was he had bind with 72 demons. In the middle of the picture with all the weird colors and symbols represents your Chakras. The Pentagrams on the top half of the Star of David represent evil in the world because these 2 are upside down. The other 2 pentagrams on the bottom half are upright so they are the good ones. The symbol you see going across is actually Hebrew for YHWH. Also in the top left hand corner is Noah's ark. There are some other small details but that basically sums everything up for the most part.
    Please be completely honest with me on your rating, and leave comments and suggestions for me. Thanks again!

There is so much going on in that image, it's really really busy. Waaaayy too much going on. There isn't much focus to it. My eye doesn't know where to start.

Is this more of a fine art piece? If so, you won't get a tremendous amount of critique from the graphic design perspective. If you like the piece and all the symbolism has specific meaning to you, then I'd say your job is done.
    Last edited by Virgo Nightingale; 04-27-2012, 09:14 AM.

blog/portfolio

Comment

Very cluttered. I can't make out a majority of the images, even with the "caption" you provided.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

If it pleases you then that is all that matters.

Comment

Originally posted by PrintDriver View Post
          If it pleases you then that is all that matters.
          QFT, kind of looks like an peyote trip to me.
          Design is not decoration.

Comment

It's fine for a piece of art, not much to crit. As has been said already, if you like it then great!
            http://martyng.com

Comment

I's a nice effort and shows a lot of dedication, though it is a bit cluttered and there is no narrative--
              Good art in most applications is a balance of complex and simple. You should find aspects on which to simplify--be it the dynamics, the form, the narrative, the palette so that the viewer can have more of an open doorway to the piece.

slight thread derail:
              Originally posted by jdr0424 View Post
              …you will see ancient Egyptian pyramids which represent on how unique and mysterious they are. I love these things because even today we don't know how they built them, and how the tip of the pyramid aligns perfectly with a star above it, which also draws out their God they worshiped when you connect the dots. This is because of there astrology beliefs and is just crazy how a society thousands of years old have technology that is in a way more advance than some of the stuff that we have these days because they didn't take out the spiritual things in their work.
              I don't know what gave you the idea that there is a massive mystery on how the pyramids were constructed.
              We don't have complete details--they left no blueprints, but there was nothing about their construction that is surprising about the size, dimensions or precision of the pyramids whatsoever.
              The idea that there is some shocking (technological) mystery about them is the stuff of badly researched television programs.

The mathmatics and logistics were completely within what one would expect from such a civilization of that time and place.
              It was certainly quite an undertaking, but when you have hundreds of thousands of slaves and a extremely centralized government/cult, such things are not out of the ordinary.
              (had it been constructed with the point on the bottom--THAT would be a mystery)

There is nothing about their technology that is in any way "more advanced" than ours. If there were a reason (and funds) for them to be constructed, pyramids of much greater size and precision could be constructed of any number of materials--and not limited to stones of a single type and or quarry.
              Heresy is a victimless crime.

Comment

Its a good start. You have a lot of great elements to work with. Try a version with a grid based on the golden mean ratio, and create some elements of composition and eye-pathways.

Comment

my only concern is why are you mixing christianity (the bible) with astrology/pyramids/and the gods they worshipped? its like two opposite ends of the spectrum.

its really busy, I do agree with that. however not much can be said (as said before) due to if its a fine art piece. however in my opinion I would bring Jesus out a little more to become more of a focal point.

Comment

I'm sorry, but it appears to be next to impossible to 'rate' a piece like this -- especially one that is an admitted attempt to express the artist's personal beliefs, without appearing to be rating those beliefs themselves.

I mean, for all I know, you prefer a 'busy', rather ambiguous, misty belief system with 'classical' representations of deities because -- well, that's what you believe! I'm not sure what this has to do with graphic design feedback though. We tend to keep our messages brief, clear, and single-messaged when possible.

Judging by your 'artists' (believer's?) statement, this is hoping to be more of a belief map info-graphic than a 'really cool picture'. Which by itself, is a very vague term.

Comment

Originally posted by infinity View Post
                      my only concern is why are you mixing christianity (the bible) with astrology/pyramids/and the gods they worshipped? its like two opposite ends of the spectrum.
                      Why be concerned? It's a personal belief. It is what it is. Whatever it is.

Comment

What I see is a mess of things, placed together with a few percentage points of opacity subtracted out. I understand what you are trying to do, and I commend you for it. It's not easy to create a piece based upon all the things you believe in. But, you will have to search your soul and figure out what your main beliefs are. Once you do that, you can come up with a much better image.

I believe that your beliefs will show you the way with this image, if you allow them. Right now, it appears to me that you are trying for a certain image and cannot get there, because in your heart you do not believe in what you outcome you claim to want.

This is the reason why I try and stay away from religion in images. It's far too telling for my tastes. I'm pagan. I cannot even call myself a Wiccan...I pull parts from various places to create my belief system. So, I feel the confliction in this image. I think you are on the right track...my challenge to you....is to finish the journey that you have started with this image...it'll be VERY good for you.
                        "Go ahead, make your logos in PS. We charge extra money to redraw your logo into vector art so it can be printed on promotional product. Cha CHING! " - CCericola

Comment

I'm athiest. I think my 'beliefs' art would just be a bunch of galaxies.

blog/portfolio

Comment

not so much concern as confusion. the OP is incorporating two different belief systems into one piece; Christianity, Judaism, and Astrology/Zodiac. and the stating that its his belief system.

Thats where the piece becomes busy, is all these different belief systems mashed into one piece of art.

Thats why I suggested pulling Jesus out as the focal point. being a Christian my eye was drawn to him.

btw, it is said that the star of david that is used, isnt really the actual star of david, just thought i would throw that out there.

Comment

It's very rare that a religion ISN'T a mix-up of a bunch of other religions.

I can't think of a single one that isn't evolved from others.

I always found "belief system" to be an interesting combo of words.
                              Heresy is a victimless crime.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X