Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• megoggsc
    Oh Portland!
    megoggsc
    This is something fun I did to remember my trip to Portland!...
    Today, 12:36 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Howdy from Texas!
    Buda
    What is the project and what is the product? Most companies protect their copyright quite vigourously. Even if you don't get caught, there's always a chance.

Could your project be considered...
    Yesterday, 11:46 PM
  • Buda
    Reply to Education consultancy logo
    Buda
    I prefer the first design concept, it just needs a bit more style to get it looking less generic.

This one's wings look like deformed human hands.
    Yesterday, 11:43 PM
  • ISitude
    Reply to Need advice for creating a label
    ISitude
    The label kind of confuses me ...although that's mot hard to do.

Does honey come from berries?
    Yesterday, 11:43 PM
  • Buda
    Comment on Education consultancy logo
    Buda
    If you type in "bird book logo" you'll get lots of similar looking logos.
    Yesterday, 11:42 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Art catalog c&c NSFW

I was wondering if I could get some c&c on this draft for an art catalog. The idea is that every chapter (or collection) has it's own accent color and starts with a line drawing+introduction.

I couldn't figure out how to embed the pdf, so view it here.

Thanks guys!

Disclaimer: Some of the text is lorem ipsum'd, some is Dutch. Either way, you probably can't read it. Which is probably better for crit purposes.

edit: It only has some sample pages, nothing final or complete yet.
    Last edited by Typically; 04-27-2012, 02:23 PM.

It would be best to supply JPGs and embed them in the forum using the

You would need to host the images somewhere and copy the link to the URL dialog box - somewhere like tinypic or imageshack or something.

I don't think too many people would open the PDF from an "unknown source".

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

Originally posted by hank_scorpio View Post
      It would be best to supply JPGs and embed them in the forum using the

You would need to host the images somewhere and copy the link to the URL dialog box - somewhere like tinypic or imageshack or something.

I don't think too many people would open the PDF from an "unknown source".
      Issuu.com is a pretty cool service though, hosts pdf's like tinypic does images. But I would upload it in images, if I knew a good way to export from InDesign. And I can't add the pdf as attachment here, cause it's way bigger than 19.5kb. I uploaded the pdf to my dropbox, which probably isn't any more trustworthy, but here you go.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1837108/catalogus.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by Leyral View Post
        Issuu.com is a pretty cool service though, hosts pdf's like tinypic does images. But I would upload it in images, if I knew a good way to export from InDesign. And I can't add the pdf as attachment here, cause it's way bigger than 19.5kb. I uploaded the pdf to my dropbox, which probably isn't any more trustworthy, but here you go.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1837108/catalogus.pdf
        File>Export>JPG seems to work just fine...
        http://brokenspokedesign.com

Comment

Originally posted by Cosmo View Post
          File>Export>JPG seems to work just fine...
          Found the problem, the colors looked all weird to me, but I was exporting to CMYK JPGs. RGB seems to work.

Last edited by Leyral; 04-27-2012, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Last two

Comment

I think the overall design looks pretty good. The multi-color lines are a little rough in places and could stand to be smoothed out, but other than that I like it.

Comment

might need to ad NWS to the thread title. Looks quite nice tho (the design not just the boobs)
                http://martyng.com

Comment

Just out of curiosity, are the line portraits pictures of the artists?

Comment

might need to ad NWS to the thread title. Looks quite nice tho (the design not just the boobs)
                    Can't find the edit button anymore, was there a minute ago. Strange.

Just out of curiosity, are the line portraits pictures of the artists?
                    The first one is, second one is a sketch by Picasso, 'the Camel'

Comment

woah! you gotta put a NSFW notice up, some people are at work and even painted boobs will get them in trouble. I added it to the title

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

Originally posted by Typically View Post
                        woah! you gotta put a NSFW notice up, some people are at work and even painted boobs will get them in trouble. I added it to the title
                        Yeah, didn't cross my mind. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Leyral View Post

The first one is, second one is a sketch by Picasso, 'the Camel'
                          I feel like I should have known that...

Comment

just out of curiosity, is this a school project?

Comment

Originally posted by PrintDriver View Post
                              just out of curiosity, is this a school project?
                              I kinda rolled into a graphic design position here at work, and I love it now. So I've been doing my best to learn on my own. Took a few short courses as well, but never had a formal education.

Anyhow, no. This will actually be printed and used.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                              Working...
                              X