Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• kemingMatters
    Reply to What is this product ? please
    kemingMatters
    Hello tankboy03, welcome to GDF!
    We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything...
    Today, 12:48 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Reply to Adobe Illustrator Ultimate Resource Thread
    kemingMatters
    Hello sumoncps, welcome to GDF!
    We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything...
    Today, 12:33 PM
  • tankboy03
    What is this product ? please
    tankboy03
    Hello everyone, I have a little strange request. I am looking to identify a product, Aerosol, it may be varnish or waterproofing, if you could tell me what it is and the brand would help me a lot. thank...
    Today, 12:20 PM
  • StudioMonkey
    Reply to Two-Page Spread PDF | Background Split
    StudioMonkey
    I always specify a PDF for artwork and if its a booklet I always ask for single pages not spreads.

Maxal the thermometer looks odd because you have bleed - this gives an extra bit on the...
    Today, 10:01 AM
  • sumoncps
    Reply to so... What do you guys DO???
    sumoncps
    Clipping Path is a particular type of photoshop path that assists the image to clip-out the unwanted pixel. The paths are drawn with pen tool in Adobe photoshop and then the photoshop path is saved as...
    Today, 09:29 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• x3ternal HavocX's Gallery

First off, I am obviously new to this site and I have been looking around for a strictly graphics forum for a while now. I am hoping that this site would help me improve. Because of the limit of images on this site I can't post my full gallery as I had planned, but I will post my 8 best pieces. I specialize in Desktop Backgrounds, but I do all kinds of things. I also do web design and video editing.

I hope to be posting my work regularly here.

Welcome aboard Havoc

This is a professional graphic design board. We don't do the signature art stuff, so there is nothing for us to crit. With fan art if you like it that is all that matters.

That being said everyone starts some where..... So, welcome aboard

We ask all new members to read the threads posted HERE and HERE. They explain how the forum runs, the rules, frequently discussed topics and our inside jokes.

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

Sigs and desktop backgrounds aren't classified as graphic design. They're digital art. Art is personal and is really just meant to look nice, so therefore it really can't be critiqued since it's all a matter of opinion. Graphic design is meant to convey a specific message to a specific audience for commercial purposes. What makes graphic design good is not whether it looks nice, but whether it effectively conveys that message to that market.

We will be happy to critique your web design, though I'm not much of a web designer so I really can't be much help there.
      "Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
      -Steve Jobs

Comment

Ok, sorry about that I'll be sure to post anything I make that is more professional. And just so I'm clear everything on this site is dedicated to work that represent a certain company as an advertisement or some sort?

Comment

Originally posted by x3ternal HavocX View Post
          Ok, sorry about that I'll be sure to post anything I make that is more professional. And just so I'm clear everything on this site is dedicated to work that represent a certain company as an advertisement or some sort?
          Hi Havoc,

That's pretty much what we critique here. Original design is the main vein. Specializing in Desktop backgrounds whilst using other peoples artwork, isn't specializing at all, it's taking someone else's hard work and passing it off as your designs.

You should either create all your designs from scratch, or continue doing what you're doing and remove your name from all of the designs unless this is purely for fun and not for commercial usage.

Comment

Graphic design isn't all about advertising.
            Next time you go to an aquarium or a science museum or a national park, someone had to come up with the educational graphics you see there. That too is graphic design.

Or next time you are walking through a large building, the wayfinding signage and decor is also considered graphic design.

Graphic design has to convey a message. Whether the message is "Buy me", "Learn this" or "Keep out" doesn't really matter. It's how it's portrayed that becomes graphic design.

Comment

x3xtexrnxal hxavoxc, those are some really sweet sigs. My only question is why is Red Nova not red in one of the backgrounds, and not really a nova either - more of a flower than anything.

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
              Working...
              X