Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Kayekaye
    Reply to While working on a logo for a client, he sent me logo designs from another designer
    Kayekaye
    Clients can be hard to handle, that's part of the job. Your skill as a designer has to include talking your client into what is good for him. Some designers can't do that, so they hire a contact person...
    Today, 08:45 PM
  • LumLum1013
    Reply to Hi everyone !
    LumLum1013
    Hi Buda and KitchWitch!
    Today, 08:35 PM
  • CataclysmX
    Reply to Need advice for logo
    CataclysmX
    What does the organization do? So far its pretty simply and I like it, it seems a bit jagged but maybe that's how it uploaded. I kind of see a D k, and a t just because of how the k connects to the D,...
    Today, 05:43 PM
  • Diggidy
    Graphic Designer for mobile video game
    Diggidy
    We are in need of a Graphic Designer for mobile video game. The game is a 2D platformer style game.
    Please send your resume/website/past work in order to be considered. In return you will be sent...
    Today, 04:30 PM
  • <b>
    Reply to Crisp web graphics, how?
    <b>
    That will produce worse results. For example, if you specify the size in which the image displays as 200 x 200 pixels, but you upload a 300 x 300-pixel image, your browser will still need to display that...
    Today, 03:53 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook timeline banner critique.

Maybe it's too bland or lacking something. I wanna hear your opinion.

Attached Files

If you like it.....go for it. I think it looks fine

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

Vary your line weight, gradients on both the toon and the background or no gradients at all; the styles clash too much otherwise. Typography could use a boost as well as it's plain compared to the work done on the rest of the elements.
      In life there are a lot of grey areas; not in the conception phase of logo design.

When a person asks you to do work for nothing in return, they are saying to your face, "You're worthless but useful to me."

Shall is a direct command whereas the verb will is a prophecy of the future.

http://www.behance.net/tmt

Comment

This is just me, but I find it a tiny bit bland. Maybe change the radial gradient to something else?
        If not, perhaps move it behind his head?

Also the type, you could do all sorts there. Maybe add some colour and play with some fonts?

Comment

How long did you spend on this before thinking it was a good idea to post it here? It's a personal piece, so at the end of the day if you're happy with it, that's all that matters.

It is bland and fairly boring if I'm being honest. I don't really know what it's supposed to mean, or why there is gradient curve in the background with a radial gradient behind it.

Try different fonts, try different colours. Atleast make it look like you were bothered to draw it out to begin with.

Comment

Not a lot to critique. A banner isn't communicating a message. It's just supposed to look good. If you think it looks good, then go with it.

I will say your kerning is still off. And, just looking at this I'd have no idea what it was for...
            http://brokenspokedesign.com

Comment

I think you need to give that "swoosh" more breathing room.

You have it (and the devil's chin and horns) coming right to the edge. Makes for an awkward composition.

Either have it get some space around the edge or have the swoosh go beyond the picture boundary.

PS: Are those supposed to be ears on the sides of the devil's head?

Consider a different treatment for the eyes. The all-whhite isn't working.

Also the points of the horns should be blunted just ever so much. Look at actual animal horns.
              Last edited by seamas; 04-30-2012, 01:54 PM.
              Heresy is a victimless crime.

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
              Working...
              X