Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• ISitude
    Reply to Law Firm Logo
    ISitude
    I agree with the overall comments of the ampy and LLC being too stressed and the whole deal being centrally columnized....yes, columnized is not new word.
    Today, 04:51 AM
  • ISitude
    Reply to Working on a logo for myself
    ISitude
    Love the idea, I'm struggling with the execution.

To me the beast should be a clear forceful/powerful movement of rising up. In your rendition it seems that this is much less so ...no power...
    Today, 04:39 AM
  • B
    Reply to Unused designs - who owns them?
    B
    You don't feel an obligation to turn them over and wouldn't without a fee. So far I'm with you, but then you say that you feel as though you can't use them because they were part of the process of creating...
    Today, 03:09 AM
  • B
    Reply to My Stonework company logo
    B
    Howdy Begeebuz. Welcome to the forum.

Here are links to the forum rules and some useful information.We screen for spammers, so the first few posts...
    Today, 02:55 AM
  • EmberMike
    Reply to Unused designs - who owns them?
    EmberMike
    I don't think I'd ever feel obligated. And if requested I wouldn't hand them over for free. I've looked at it more as being a part of the final product. Even though I'm not handing over the sketches,...
    Today, 02:45 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As far as the OP's Logo: I do see improvement in that it is simpler and has fewer elements. The part that does confuse me is what is the name of the business. "Logos" or "UnforgettableLogoDesign.com"? Is it strange if ".com" is part of the company name?

As far as the other famous logos and not having a visual element that ties to what is being sold... I often think of Coca-Cola with it's "wave". I always think of that wave as flowing liquid, such as a soda being poured into a glass.

Comment

Last edited by bellalupo; 05-02-2012, 05:00 AM.

Comment

Hmm I was taught the golden arches were fries, never questioned it... that's disappointing. They do ambiguously resemble them if not intentional.

Anyway if you remove the color wheel or the stars you'll have a passable logo, though pretty generic, hard to scale down and reproduce. The stars seem to be distorted in a way that wouldn't follow their perspectives. Is the U in the tagline squished? The tagline address is pretty boring, and forgettable.... seems tacked on as an afterthought. I don't get why "logos" is in an old timey western signage looking typeface, or if there was any consideration with that... for me thats a pretty specific style of type used for a specific effect..

Comment

Gradients gone; beginning to simplify:

There is no tagline. its a domain I've registered and reserved for the future when I'm ready.
          It won't be this month or this year! lol but someday!

As for the font, I was following a poster's advice and trying
          something simpler, that's all!
          No, the "U" is not squished, althou I agree it does look out of place.

Last edited by bellalupo; 05-02-2012, 07:48 AM.

Comment

The gradients are not gone. The tagline... the extra line of text advertising your website whatever you want to call it...

adding that crown is the complete opposite of simplifying... did you even create it?

Comment

my suggestion is to stop adding elements such as the colour spurts, the crown etc and focus on playing with the 'Logos' part i'm still seeing Logs and its quite distracting...

Comment

Originally posted by Fd.ini View Post
                my suggestion is to stop adding elements such as the colour spurts, the crown etc and focus on playing with the 'Logos' part i'm still seeing Logs and its quite distracting...
                But then it wouldn't be unforgettable, silly.

Comment

Originally posted by bellalupo View Post
                  negative feedback is worthy of being forgettable! I wouldn't do that to you! I wouldn't waste your time.
                  Negative feedback is a waste of time? You really believe that? If so, you're in the wrong field. Good luck.
                  Last edited by Virgo Nightingale; 05-02-2012, 02:33 PM.

blog/portfolio

Comment

I wish I had the time to start all over but, pls understand, that is not realistic. there is no time this week
                    Not trying to be negative but you've posted a lot of revisions to not have much time for revisiting. Maybe try replacing 'Logos' with 'Unforgettable' that's really the key word your trying to communicate not logos. It should also line up with the tagline Logos.com...
                    Light reading

Comment

@garrick... I agree about the gradients. I thought If I went "white" with the high light I could eliminate the gradients in the fireworks... As for digging deeper, I agree with my professor but, I just wish I knew how.

Thank you Cosmo for the positive suggestion. It's appreciated and thought provoking
                      Try a new direction, the road less travelled... Re-read some of the advice in this thread. Digging deeper is thinking harder, researching more, exercising as many options as possible before committing.

In my professional opinion, you've kind of taken yourself off at the knees with the name. I'm not saying the name sucks, I'm just saying it's a difficult one to represent with an image. For example, if you were playing Pictionary and you had to draw "unforgettable". What would you draw that would be recognizable enough to other people as being "unforgettable"?

This is why I would consider creating a wordmark without myriad of distracting elements. Which, as mentioned previously, will not transfer to a bunch of other mediums without having to be altered. For the detail issues, draw your logo with a black sharpie, any detail you can draw with a sharpie will hold up at small sizes.
                      Design is not decoration.

Comment

@vectorzomby, I converted all the gradients to solid colors. the highlight is just a white eclipse I blurred. What do you see that is still gradient?

Yes I created the crown learning the pen tool in illustrator last semester. worked hard, but it was fun! I'd been intimidated by illustrator for years so to me this was a big accomplishment.

then I created 2 others colorful assignments, but I had photos to use as guidelines to start before making the design my own . one was for a writing instrument and other was for transportation. here goes:

Last edited by bellalupo; 05-02-2012, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Those are very nice illustrations! The first one has a good balance busy and whitespace.

Another tip for your logo, I'm sure it's already been mentioned, but create it in black and white only and do not include greys. Like binary it's 1 or 0.

Comment

Originally posted by Virgo Nightingale View Post
                            Negative feedback is a waste of time? You really believe that? If so, you're in the wrong field. Good luck.
                            I think I need a more specific adjective. What I meant to say was Mean feedback is a waste of time and that goes for ANY field!

The mean attitude in just a few posts drowns out any constructive advice offered. I've come here to learn, but it seems some people are so experienced they've forgotten what's its like to know nothing.

@Fd.ini: I'm at ground level here, so I thank you very much for the kind suggestion to use the word "unforgettable"! I heard you! I thought of using the word while listening to a Nat King Cole song of the same name. Creating something "unforgettable" is my long-term goal!

Comment

Originally posted by kemingMatters View Post
                              Those are very nice illustrations! The first one has a good balance busy and whitespace.
                              Thank you so very much!

Originally posted by kemingMatters View Post
                              What would you draw that would be recognizable enough to other people as being "unforgettable"?
                              how about Nat King Cole?
                              Last edited by bellalupo; 05-02-2012, 03:52 PM.

Comment

I think I need a more specific adjective. What I meant to say was Mean feedback is a waste of time and that goes for[B] ANY field!
                                Did I offend you in some way? Was it my "no time" comment I used to illustrate that how much time you actually have directly relates to how committed/how badly you want something?

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                                Working...
                                X