Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Alexpetrovic
    futuristic UI design
    Alexpetrovic
    Hi,

I have a personal sci-fi ui project i have been working on that no one has seen from the beginning so i would gladly appreciate some critique.

thanks in advance
    Today, 10:20 PM
  • MichaelWied
    Where do you find talent?
    MichaelWied
    Hey all you Art Directors! I'm starting to get my portfolio spruced up again as I feel held back at my current job (and no, there is no room to grow, it's a very stagnant position). I know there's online...
    Today, 08:38 PM
  • <b>
    Reply to Anybody else noticing Google home page has seemed to have reverted to an older style?
    <b>
    It looks the same to me, whether using Chrome or Safari. The only thing different I see in Chrome is the absence of Google asking me to switch to Chrome.
    Today, 08:33 PM
  • GRow
    Reply to Nightclub Flyer/Poster Design
    GRow
    For the first 5 years I spent designing I never once cared about good kerning. 4 years later I'm noticing it and making mental notes not to forget about it. With flyer design like this it can make all...
    Today, 08:11 PM
  • HotButton
    Reply to I am SO confused about vehicle wrap design?
    HotButton
    ^Right.

Or at least...

Just like you would produce a client's design in accordance with specs and guidelines from a printer, sign maker, label manufacturer, etc., you shop for...
    Today, 08:03 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent Graduate Looking for Portfolio and Resume Critique

I recently graduated with a BA in Graphic Design and am currently looking for an entry level job or internship. Here are links to my portfolio and resume. I'd appreciate any feedback you can give. Thanks.

Resume: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16592731/resume1.gif
    Portfolio (Behance link): http://www.behance.net/stevenmorrison/frame
    Portfolio (PDF): http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16592731/portfolio1.pdf

Honestly my favorite piece is your resume. I think overall your portfolio shows a pretty good design sense and potential. I'm not crazy about the EPA poster, the concept or the execution and seems like it would be a nightmare to print. I would say you have a good start, and to keep building your portfolio with self initiated projects while you're looking.

Comment

Well...its not terrible. But its not all that impressive either. I think you have some of the basics of design down, but the execution is whats killing it. Its underwhelming and pass-worthy. And there aren't enough pieces. If you're only gonna show 9 pieces, make the 9 pieces BAD ASS. Some of the pieces (the logos particularly) looks like something anyone could throw together in 30minutes.

Sorry to be harsh, but you're up against a lot of competition out there.

Comment

Originally posted by vectorzomby View Post
        Honestly my favorite piece is your resume. I think overall your portfolio shows a pretty good design sense and potential. I'm not crazy about the EPA poster, the concept or the execution and seems like it would be a nightmare to print. I would say you have a good start, and to keep building your portfolio with self initiated projects while you're looking.

He's nailed it, you have a ways to go my friend. Your portfolio had only one piece that hit me in the face. That was the outta time article, I thought it was executed fairly well. Other pieces, not so much.. Your gobstoppers art in particular redesign came off as extremely weak to me.

I'd strongly recommend continuing creating more personal projects, whether they be posters, logos or business cards.

Comment

Oh and comfort zone shirt isn't terrible, I liked that as well. Just thought I'd give you one pat on the back after such a mean post.

Comment

Wasn't there a bunch of sample CVs doing the rounds with Steve Morrisson name on them before?

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

Originally posted by hank_scorpio View Post
              Wasn't there a bunch of sample CVs doing the rounds with Steve Morrisson name on them before?
              Maybe you're referring to Steve Stevenson ? http://misterstevenson.com/
              The following sentence is true. The previous sentence is false.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
              Working...
              X