Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• SamBlairParker
    Comment on New Personal Identity
    SamBlairParker
    I designed the one titled "screen shot 2014" Bonnaroo_logo was not designed by me, clearly. I have posted that image so that users can give me an honest opinion of whether or not it's too similar...
    Today, 05:05 AM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to [ Logo Critique ] Period or not at the end of the tagline?
    KitchWitch
    Hi Serid and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything...
    Today, 04:52 AM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to New Personal Identity
    KitchWitch
    Hi Sam and welcome to GDF.

Did you design this logo?

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few...
    Today, 04:50 AM
  • <b>
    Reply to Silverlight
    <b>
    Now that Ballmer is gone, it's perfectly safe to do so without feeling like you've invited the loud, sweaty lunatic neighbor family down the street into your house....
    Today, 03:50 AM
  • garricks
    Reply to [ Logo Critique ] Period or not at the end of the tagline?
    garricks
    I immediately thought of Apple's "Think Different." campaign tag. I vote to keep it.
    Today, 01:26 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Film Festival Logo Idea

I have been working on this logo idea for a couple weeks now and I feel as though I am still missing some things to add to it. I want to show that Youngstown is a great city and used to have steel mills, but add that friendliness to it to attract people. I also want to show that film is still alive here and people are shooting film all the time. If anyone has any suggestions or critiques please let me know! Thanks!

http://s16.postimage.org/uel9sq9et/ytownff2.jpg

IMO it feels rather busy. i first look over at the 'smoke stacks" or whatever those are, and then at the name of the festival. Which leads me to the title that is in a rather boring font :/and is the circle around "1st annual" there for a reason?

In all honesty when looking at this i get the feeling that films are shot there, but other than that it possible lacks excitement as a city. just using the browns and all the black and white is bringing the piece down.

I would suggest adding more color to the whole piece. or bringing more of the filming parts out.

the film looks pretty decent though.

Comment

You want to add more to it? This isn't so much a logo as it is a hodgepodge of clipart.

Comment

wait....a logo? i was getting the feeling it was a flyer or poster of some sort

Comment

Far too much going on for this to be a logo. If this indeed is supposed to be a logo, I'd eliminate the skyline and concentrate on the idea of the smokestack with the film. Where did those images come from? For a logo, it must be entirely original. You cannot use stock images or illustrations for a logo.

blog/portfolio

Comment

Needs development.

I would try something other than black for the buildings and text--even the film doesn't need to be black.

The text really seems squeezed into that space.
            If you change color and contrast of elements you won't be constricted in squeezing text into empty space.

You might try layering the building silhouettes. Have the distant ones lighter gray and work forward. (almost to create an atmospheric perspective).

This way the text can go over some of the buildings/and or behind others.

What you did with "1st Annual" isn't even creative--looks like an editor circled it for deletion!

I often wonder if "1st Annual" is ever really needed. From an event goer's perspective, I really don't care about how many they have done unless it is a real landmark (25-50-100), and "1st annual' is more of an empty promise than anything.
            I know the client insists on it--been there myself.
            Heresy is a victimless crime.

Comment

oooops.

This a logo?

I thought it was a poster design.

Anyway--for a logo you really need to boil this down to crucial elements.
              Heresy is a victimless crime.

Comment

From everyone's comments I now realize this is more of a poster than a logo. I am now in the process of taking the crucial elements ands just using those instead of the cityscape and some other stuff. I will post in a few of a better design than this. I really appreciate everyones comments!

Comment

are you trying to make fun of me? lol

I mean considering the elements. i have never really seen "1st annual" in a logo before. not too mention, as said before, its entirely too busy to be a logo.

i agree with seamas, boil that thing down. A LOT.

Comment

Ok I think I might have it boiled down enough and I changed the color of the background, but what do you guys think now?

Comment

Still not really a logo...

That white box isn't really doing anything for you. Even if you changed the type to Dark Blue and kill the box it would be an improvement.

You need to try and incorporate the text along with the chimney stacks and not have the elements separated like you have here.
                      Less marketing douchebaggery, MORE TANKS!

Comment

1. This isn't a logo.
                        2. How is it going to print in black and white?
                        3. How many sketches did you do? Can we see some of the other ideas?
                        http://brokenspokedesign.com

Comment

These are some others that I tried out, but never really seemed to work...

Comment

These aren't really other concepts, they're just dilly dallying around on the computer. If you're serious about design I'd do some studying and educate yourself first before going back to the drawing board... and you always (especially with logo design) start with the sketchpad.

Comment

Did you sketch these or just click and drag?

Although I'm betting I already know the answer...
                              http://brokenspokedesign.com

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X