• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the dating agency logo

This is a dating agency's logo design
    Don't take it TOO serious cuz it's fake
    but please give me some comments on it

Who is your target demographic, what was your thought process behind the mark, what's up with the color palette?

Right off the bat blue is a poor choice for anything dating related, it can be associated with depression.

Comment

How'd you come up with the name?
      There is a kinda cheap quality to both the name and the logo.

I'm not in the dating world, but I don't know if I'd ever opt for a dating service because it looks like a "bargain".

There are all sorts of compositional issues as well and an unattractive color palette.
      Heresy is a victimless crime.

Comment

There's a lot wrong with this. Granted, you did sort of sketch it out first, but you didn't bother to sketch out the entire logo. I don't really know what the logo is supposed to be. If I stare at it long enough I sort of see a heart and a lower case "b". Kind of reminds me of a butterfly.

The text needs a lot of work. I'm not fond of the name either.

May be time to do some more sketching...
        http://brokenspokedesign.com

Comment

Is this for a BDSM dating website?
          “The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level we created them.” Albert Einstein

Comment

The sketch is an interesting concept, but the final version wasn't executed very well. I don't know if this was your intention, but the two letters S and B almost form a heart. I think you should play around more with that concept.

I also agree about the color pallet not working at all.
            "Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
            -Steve Jobs

Comment

the mark is a good start
              +1 on the color, you want warm heartful colors,
              and the font and layout...
              this is not a corporate report, this needs to be warm and alive and romance oriented, which it currently is not.

Comment

2cents

I see 4 different shape elements here, the big heart swish, the scroll swish, and the two text lines that all look to clash with each other. They look like they are taken from 4 different pieces.

Also the color palete is about as far away from warm passionate and inviting as you could have chosen. Not saying you need shades of pink but not this.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                Working...
                X