Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Pavlo
    Reply to Honest critique for a wedding design
    Pavlo
    Hi PD,
    Thank you. No problem. :-)
    I just wanted to clarify that I wasn't making a specific recommendation for her to use red and black together.
    cheers
    Today, 11:35 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Colors changing in ai when I copy and paste
    PrintDriver
    Before starting any art always check your color space. Going from RGB to CMYK, espcially by just telling Illustrator to do so using the Document Color Mode to just toggle it, will not only screw up your...
    Today, 11:23 AM
  • PrintDriver
    PrintDriver
    When you compare "insipid" to "strong and bright" it can come off as advice.
    Your research suggestion was in a different paragraph.
    That's how I red it.
    I apologize...
    Today, 11:20 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Print Quality Issues... Am I being swindled?
    PrintDriver
    Like I said, some of the older board machines don't do "small" well.

When doing large format, do not expect "digital" print quality where "digital" means high-end...
    Today, 11:16 AM
  • Pavlo
    Pavlo
    Hi there PD,
    Just for the record: I have not given advice to janetm1000 to make it a strong red and black.

My suggestion to her was, "...to do further research into Chinese culture...
    Today, 11:10 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm... I've not really seen a logo like this before, and my initial reaction is cautious intrigue. It's familiar but still different. You might be onto something here especially given that the very abstract shape actually resolves into your initials.

It kind of reminds me of actual brands I mean real brands, that are burned into cattle with branding irons.

Comment

Originally posted by <b> View Post
      Hmmm... I've not really seen a logo like this before, and my initial reaction is cautious intrigue. It's familiar but still different. You might be onto something here especially given that the very abstract shape actually resolves into your initials.

It kind of reminds me of actual brands I mean real brands, that are burned into cattle with branding irons.
      That works for me since I grew up in the cornfields.

I'm glad you're intrigued by the concept. Your reaction is exactly what I was going for with this. "Intriguing" is actually one of the words I wrote down when I was brainstorming.
      "I want to make beautiful things, even if nobody cares."--Saul Bass

Comment

I saw a rune at first, like these Norse/Norwegian runes:

or some kind of alien glyph alphabet, especially with the dots.

Comment

Originally posted by iambunny View Post
          I like the straightening it out idea. I'm not even sure if this is what you meant, but I think it yielded a really cool result. It looks 3D and also reminds me of two fish kissing lol...(forgive me, I'm tired).

I really like this mark. It's different and unique and coming from a student I must say congrats.

I think that if I saw this with your name underneath on a sign I'd be very impressed...

I think that a logo should represent you and what you want to do and it seems you've done a good job.

I like.
          Less marketing douchebaggery, MORE TANKS!

Comment

Originally posted by The Artist View Post
            I really like this mark. It's different and unique and coming from a student I must say congrats.

I think that if I saw this with your name underneath on a sign I'd be very impressed...

I think that a logo should represent you and what you want to do and it seems you've done a good job.

I like.
            Wow thank you! I really appreciate that. I put a ton of thought into this and worked that paper and pencil to the bone.

Also, I didn't even think of runes, but I love that it reminds you of one, mad. I'm a huge fantasy lover so that interpretation fits too.

Comment

This is the perpendicular version for garricks now that my head is on straight and I'm home from work. I'm torn now. I like this one too, but I think I like my last version more. It has depth, where as this one is very flat. It's cool, but flat.

Comment

Whoops, your left-hand upright slipped.

I agree with you though, that's very static. I like the previous one better. Now we know.
                This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
                "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

If doing a perspective it's best to have a more varied shape so there is an element of 3d in it to be seen clearly. As it stands my eye is fighting which direction the arms and crossbars in the letters are facing. Take an example from this one:

In life there are a lot of grey areas; not in the conception phase of logo design.

When a person asks you to do work for nothing in return, they are saying to your face, "You're worthless but useful to me."

Shall is a direct command whereas the verb will is a prophecy of the future.

http://www.behance.net/tmt

Comment

Originally posted by TomMonTom View Post
                    If doing a perspective it's best to have a more varied shape so there is an element of 3d in it to be seen clearly. As it stands my eye is fighting which direction the arms and crossbars in the letters are facing.
                    Hmm, I see what you mean. Though, I think the beauty of this mark is that it grabs your eye and you can't look away because you want to figure out what it is. Then, when you see it, it transforms. I'll play around with the perspective more though, just to see.

Comment

I skewed the perspective around a little but I'm too attached to the shape the mark makes as it stands now. It just feels complete.

I decided to start going into the land of color and typography though, and here is what I've come up with. I will caution you that I have not taken a typography class yet, so I'm betting that is my biggest weak point. I chose the colors because they feel rich but also nature-y and I think they are fitting for my personality and also my name. "Eaden" is actually my middle name, and it came from my mom mixing The Garden of "Eden" with my grandmother's maiden name of "Eade." I always questioned my made-up name growing up, but I love it now.

Anyway, let me have it!

Comment

With the dots in a different color, my first impression was that it looked like an abstract owl (the dots being the eyes). I rather like the mark. It's unique & angular, but the initials are there to be found. Not sold yet on the typography, but I think you'll find it.

blog/portfolio

Comment

Thanks Virgo! I legitimately love owls...I have an owl journal, book mark, necklace, etc. I LOVE all the interpretations everyone is getting out of this. So cool.

Here is one with a different font. I do like this more.

Comment

I like what you have done with this. Out of curiosity, I tried a couple of things with your basic design—turning the design so that what would normally be the verticals of the H and E were true verticals— letting the horizontals maintain the angels as you have them. Also, sliding the H down so the angled cross bar lined up with the top angle-bar of the E. This gets a little conventional but it reads well as initials and is a strong design. I like the dots. They are a nice accent to the lines. Good job.

Personally, I wonder a light version of Futura would not be a nice compliment to the design of your mark. The clean geometric forms of Futura seem like a good match.
                            Last edited by sully1251; 05-12-2012, 05:34 PM.
                            http://www.paulsullivanstudio.com

Comment

I did try Futura before and didn't quite like it. However I just tried it again for the heck of it, and now I think it looks great...must not have looked at long enough the first time. Thank you so much for the suggestion! This could be it.

If anybody has any other critique on anything, be it the color, type, or mark itself, let me have it.

Comment

Maybe modify the futura to have rounded serifs without a slab, if that makes sense. Similar to the IHOP logo.
                                In life there are a lot of grey areas; not in the conception phase of logo design.

When a person asks you to do work for nothing in return, they are saying to your face, "You're worthless but useful to me."

Shall is a direct command whereas the verb will is a prophecy of the future.

http://www.behance.net/tmt

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                                Working...
                                X