Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• PrintDriver
    Reply to A Generic Brand Video
    PrintDriver
    I love the harsh commentary on the lastest trendy but tiresome visuals/soundbites.
    Made me laugh just hearing it read aloud on the radio.
    The video makes it awesome!
    Today, 11:19 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to GotP'rint and crop marks
    PrintDriver
    The area marked to avoid putting vital info to close to the edge is called a Safety.

If sending a PDF to any print company, check that you don't have to first load their specific Job Options...
    Today, 11:17 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Do I have to upgrade my Macbook to run Photoshop ?
    PrintDriver
    Like I said, if you don't have the hard drive space, Photoshop, and to a lesser extent Illustrator, will take forever to do manipulations because they have to seek for a large enough scratch block to...
    Today, 11:05 AM
  • Obar
    Reply to Do I have to upgrade my Macbook to run Photoshop ?
    Obar
    * * * * * IMPORTANT

I forgot to say that my main concern is that I used to get a loooot this message when I was using this programs.:

"Could not complete command because...
    Today, 09:48 AM
  • Kayekaye
    Reply to Friend as a client - problem
    Kayekaye
    It's one thing to be told you need a contract and you have probably heard that a thousand times for years. It's another thing to experience WHY you need a contract. Now you will never make that mistake...
    Today, 05:30 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on My Logo

Hello,

I am a 3D artist and graphic designer. I need a logo now.

Dor "Decube Digital Design" or we can just say "Decube Digital"

I've just done somethings but need your thoughts on these. Which one is good looking and stylish? or now what should I do? or maybe any other diffirent idea?

Any idea would be appreciated.

There are two paths you can take:

1. Pick one you "like" and call it done.

2. Actually work out what your communication goals are, grab pencil and start drawing methods to achieve those communication goals while adding your company "culture" or "character" into the sketches. After 200 sketches start to whittle down possible comprehensive draft prospects, after a few of these get down to a couple of finalists. All of this while keeping firmly in your head your goals.

As to the images presented... they don't tell me anything about you, your company, or why I should work with or hire you. It's just a bunch of "d"s.

Also, never show off your drafts on a color background. Work in black & white (no grey) first. And since you are a designer I'm going to assume these are all done in a vector based format, right?

Cheers,
    Seriously, read this.

Comment

The first one looks too much like the Beats by Dre logo:

"Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
      -Steve Jobs

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcher View Post
        The first one looks too much like the Beats by Dre logo:

oh you are right so what about others?

Comment

That green background hurts my eyes.

Comment

I'm hoping you're not planning on printing that green. I'm pretty sure you're not gonna hit that within the cmyk gamut. Or within Pantone for that matter, unless you go neon.

blog/portfolio

Comment

+1 on the Dr Dre logo, that was my first thought as well.

I don't mind the second one. Decube kind of ties in to it slightly.

It doesn't really portray much though. I will second what Maynard said in that go sketch out some more ideas with a clear goal in mind (in black and white).
              Less marketing douchebaggery, MORE TANKS!

Comment

This is how it would (roughly) look printed in full color:

blog/portfolio

Comment

I quite like the third one. It has a sense of weight and scale, like its rising out of the earth, or partially submerged in the ocean. It would work well for a 3D designer I think - you could make a great animatic out of it.

Comment

3rd one definitely.

Comment

thanks for answers,

but when I type "decube digital" near to third one its look like double d at the beginning, what about second one?

Comment

What about putting the d mark above the decube digital text?

I like the third one the best also.
                        -Steve Jobs

Comment

Originally posted by NewEra
                          you should think about changing the colors about how about the background is white and the words would be hot pink and hot green that would be nice
                          I hope you aren't suggesting he use RGB colors.

Besides, color is the last thing he should be worried about until he gets a solid concept down that he likes.

As for the background, backgrounds should never be part of a logo design. Logos need to work on any kind of background.
                          -Steve Jobs

Comment

Backgrounds can be part of the design if you are incorporating a background shape as part of the design. For instance Nextel with their yellow box with black bar. Or the Levi pocket flap logo. Or any other of a number of sign-blanked logos out there.

I sometimes wish Jeff Fisher hadn't gone off somewhere else. I wonder sometimes about the stagnation here when it comes to potted answers about the trends in logo design.
                            Last edited by PrintDriver; 06-16-2012, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Yes, if the background is relevant to the design, like in the Levis logo or the Nabisco logo, that's perfectly fine. I was talking about how some people just randomly put a color square behind their logo for no reason other than they think it looks nice.
                              -Steve Jobs

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X