Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Momoshy
    Reply to Logo motorcycle magazine
    Momoshy
    Hey, what kind of magazine is this?
    Because, when I think of motorcycles, I think of very macho men, Heavy metal, tatooed men on Harley Davidson style, which I relate to a heavy, raw and straight...
    Today, 03:01 PM
  • Momoshy
    Reply to Is this too harsh?
    Momoshy
    I will give you a general advice in life, never reject by writing means. Always call, unless you have the social abilites of Sheldon Cooper.

Writing messages always come across harsher than...
    Today, 02:46 PM
  • creare
    Logo motorcycle magazine
    creare
    the name to use is moto rivista, motorcycle magazine. the handlebars represents the letter t

Today, 02:30 PM
  • creare
    Reply to Personal Logo Critique
    creare
    should be made more 'compact, too long that font in my opinion .
    in small as is? the two initials I would give more 'strong.
    Today, 02:26 PM
  • Lucifer
    Reply to New Here
    Lucifer
    Welcome aboard. If you want to make this your career, you'll need to get a degree.
    Today, 01:08 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magazine ad - updated 4/14

Just thought I would post this for a final critique before submission.
    It looks kind of boring to me, but I can't go too crazy with it so I'm stuck.

Advice?
    Last edited by morea; 08-26-2005, 06:33 PM.
    "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

not wanting to be penickity my love, but the AGA is swedish, not british [img]/DesktopModules/dotNetBB/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

i'd also perhaps try it with a dark green band at the top behind the logo and copy and have the title line in white ? might compliment the red nicely. I say this purely because i associate aga with homely-ness, family and warmth, and it feels alittle white and minimal/cold.

[img]/DesktopModules/dotNetBB/emoticons/thumbsup.gif[/img]

C*** Designer

Comment

my boss wanted to emphasize that these are quite popular in Britain - at least, that's what he tells me! [img]/DesktopModules/dotNetBB/emoticons/lol.gif[/img]

I am intrigued by your idea though, I felt that it was a little too plain. Let me play with it a little bit more. Thanks!

'They say time is the fire in which we burn.'
      - Dr. Tolian Soran</font>

Comment

I'm with Bear on this. A splash of color in the head banner wouldn't hurt. Also, as far as the copy goes, I would cap the L in live. You might consider rewording that section as follows:

Live cooker on premises. To set up a demonstration, call us.

Just my .02. It's good to see a fellow Albanian hard at work. Other than those suggestions, the ad looks good!

That's how I roll!
        Last edited by morea; 08-26-2005, 06:36 PM.
        Official lunchboxbrain blog

Comment

Ha! I've been looking at this for so long I didn't even realize that the 'l' in 'live' was lowercase. Yikes!

I'll keep at it! Thanks for the direction, guys!
          Last edited by morea; 08-26-2005, 06:36 PM.

Comment

I'm British and that's not what i would call a cooker!?! It's a Range! Okay to be fair, it's a Range cooker, but we'd never call it just a Cooker!

That aside, i do like the ad.

http://dabeanz.deviantart.com

Comment

thanks beanz! [img]/DesktopModules/dotNetBB/emoticons/lol.gif[/img]

Comment

still plugging away at it...
                Last edited by morea; 08-26-2005, 06:33 PM.

Comment

I think that black stroke on the header is a little too thick, I'm going to play with that a bit.

Comment

when i was in britain, they called aga's an 'aga'. but who can afford them?!?

morea, i'm not keen on the way your body text is 'gap toothed', and the 'gauch' is just a little too cozy with your black line. also, i would not include your first period in your perenthesis. i would set it as 'cooker'. rather than 'cooker.'

why the black line at all? what about blocks of colour, or shifting the photo so that you don't need your line? just brainstorming here.

:on't call me Foreman, for I am your Boss::

Comment

hey unc - thanks for the feedback - not to be dense, but I'm not really sure I know what you mean by the text being 'gap toothed' - can you clarify a little please?

Comment

Aga's or Ranges have become pretty mainstream/trendy now, and aren't as expensive, or well made come to that, as they used to be lol! Still out of my price range (excuse the pun) though; i've just got a cooker!

Something about the green header doesn't look right/as good as the original. You're probably right about the stroke being the cause!

http://dabeanz.deviantart.com

Comment

Have I told you how much I love you guys? Whenever I get stuck, you're always able to un-stick me.

It's coming along nicely... keep at it! [img]/DesktopModules/dotNetBB/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

gap toothed - watch your leading and kerning. not that it's insanely out of whack, but the serif, black & white and space around your text brings to mind a zebra...confuses the eye. i can't read it. perhaps it's just on the screen though, so print it out and see what your eye does when you change all that around.

sorry - english is my second language today. the first being 'in-tongues'. (still recovering).

anyone else explain what i mean?

:on't call me Foreman, for I am your Boss::

Comment

ah, I think I see what you mean. Thanks!

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                              Working...
                              X