Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• PanToshi
    Comment on How well do you see color? (fun & games)
    PanToshi
    o, it's timed? ahh. I was playing while munching on cookies... cookies won.
    Today, 07:00 PM
  • HotButton
    Reply to Help with logo "fynch"
    HotButton
    I think the egg- with-legg concept has potential too. I'd experiment with switching up the fill though...leave the legs/talons color-filled, and the egg unfilled/outlined.
    Today, 06:48 PM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to Friend as a client - problem
    PanToshi
    It would indeed reflect poorly on you, and threats of physical "stuff" would indeed be criminal. Your frustration doesn't justify retaliative or illegal reactions....
    Today, 06:14 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Comment on Friend as a client - problem
    kemingMatters
    All of the stuff you created is single purpose, so the only thing you would be achieving is making yourself look inept.
    Today, 05:49 PM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to Getting logged out
    PanToshi
    Do you check the "remember me" box at sign in? If not, try that. Without that checked (only accesible on log in) I get logged out in a matter of minutes.
    Today, 05:47 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give me your thoughts so that I may marinate on them.

Hey everyone it's me again. Doing this business card for a local clothing store. Give me your thoughts on the design.

mmmm yeah, the colors are what the client wants just can't change that. But, shoot away.....

Comment

lol. I was gonna say.

I like the top right best.
      You can fool some of the people all the time, and those are the ones you want to concentrate on. --GWB

Comment

are they really SURE about these colors? It says 'This is the place I go to get my oil changed' to me, not a clothing store.
        You can fool some of the people all the time, and those are the ones you want to concentrate on. --GWB

Comment

Don't center everything it looks tacky. Justify it to the left or right. Please use periods for phone numbers (000.000.0000) Looks much better that way. I don't know about having the Sales so prominent. The name(person not business), maybe, should be that big. Then a smaller sales under that. If it's going to be a business card for just the business and nobodys name on it, then just straight drop the sales. Right now there is no real hierarchy of information. To me, first my I goes to the logo(good), then sales, then it get confused between phone, name to phone(nowhere), and address. It's just not visually appealing. Keep trying you will get there.
          Bobbysky
          Site // Blog

Comment

I like the top right design but the Star and the E and tr are too dark together. Maybe stroke it so the paper hows through or flip the color of the stars and the strips (if your able to play with the logo)

'I will become the most powerful Jedi ever!'
            'I'm the damn designer, bitches!'

Check out my indie comic book!
            www.assassinsguild.net/
            "Even when I'm not at 100%, I'm still 110% better then anyone else!"

Check out my indie comic books at http://www.crycomic.com and http://www.assassinsguild.net/

Comment

Mmm yeah thanks for that. But I did that on purpose with the numbers and location just for display on the site that's all. I'll try to scale down 'sales' a bit but that's what the client wants so he can give the cards to employees (seems he doesn't keep them long 'employess that is') and he wanted a blank underline space for his sale reps to wirte their names on. Sounds unprofessioal doesn't it. But I do it cause the client is always right. At least sometimes.

Comment

'This is the place I go to get my oil changed', I was just going to say that!

Yeah the colours are dragging this design down - far and away from 'extreme'

Does the grey have to be the entire background? you could really open it up and get some brightness back if you cut off the grey (on the same angle as the bars on the top right one) and went with white underneath - it's still all the same colours.

(and personally, I hate phone numbers that are 000.000.000 - too '1999', the ones you have are formatted correctly.)

Comment

thanks for the help. I like the top right one too. But when the client wanted the color paper stock I did rise a brow. So I am going to give him a sample with a lighter card stock color. And I'm going to keep your changes in mind.

Comment

Keyare said...
                    (and personally, I hate phone numbers that are 000.000.000 - too '1999', the ones you have are formatted correctly.)
                    [img]/DesktopModules/dotNetBB/emoticons/rofl.gif[/img]

I thought I was the only one. I've gone back to the old school myself. Didn't know why until now.

Comment

Actually, it's not so 1999, the reason for doing it is that it's cleaner to look at. It's consistent,clear, balanced. You can also use blank space, or bullet point. Example 425 555 6912 or well I can't do it on the web (bullets). When you put parenthesis around the front and then put a hyphen in the middle it throws the balance off. Therefore you get a less clean look heavy and curvy in the front, light in the middle and end. But if you really want to do it, then I guess it's up to you, there is really no wrong way to do numbers. You just have to pic if you want it clean or not. Just imagine if the web was (www)thissucks-com. That was a bad analogy, but what if you put it on the business card like that.

Bobby

Post Edited (Bobbysky) : 4/13/2005 10:37:39 PM GMT
                      Bobbysky
                      Site // Blog

Comment

lol. Well I guess your right and then your wrong, but in any case thoes kind of things have their standard format. like www.suckmybutth**e.com..... anyways thanks for the info.

Comment

here's the newly revised revsion of the card. enjoy kids!!!!

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                          Working...
                          X