Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• KitchWitch
    Comment on Do You Keep Work Drafts?
    KitchWitch
    Technically I don't limit changes, I just stop at three versions of the same thing. Once we get to version 4, version 1 gets tossed. The 'final' is mostly for me, so I can grab the right file quickly...
    Today, 06:15 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to Help with starting out in Design
    KitchWitch
    Hi JacobyO and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
    Today, 06:07 PM
  • com_amy
    com_amy
    I wouldn't package everything multiple times. I generally don't even work in a draft format. So I figure that maybe 1 out of 5 projects will have multiple drafts. But those drafts will be useless later...
    Today, 06:06 PM
  • com_amy
    com_amy
    No they don't have access to the ID files. Sorry, by "they" I meant the people in the dept before me.
    Today, 06:04 PM
  • <b>
    Reply to Which of HTML and XHTML works best for most browsers?
    <b>
    It's an oversimplification, but XHTML is really just HTML that requires a tighter adherence to syntax. There are no recent, major browsers that can't handle both just fine.

Anyway, both have...
    Today, 05:49 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Package Graphics

Gday,</o>
    Some of you may recall the logo i was working on a while back for a cat food box 'pounce'... </o>
    And since you all critiqued it so well, i figure i may as well give you a bit more to chew on.</o>
    </o>
    The surface graphics were designed for a shelf ready package, 2faces/6deep, and my ideas is to make two different print runs (left catís-eye / right catís eye) and when packed in the SRP unit it creates the full Image. (The cats face)</o>
    Each flavour or age level (depending on economic flexibility) will be signified with a different type of cat. Eg.Chicken will be a Tabby; Fish will be a Black cat, ECT.</o>
    Make Sense??.. Hopefully it does.</o>
    </o>
    Any comments of criticism would be greatly appreciated.</o>
    </o>
    </o>
    Thanks.</o>
    Adamosity</o>
    </o>

Post Edited (Adamosity) : 4/13/2005 10:34:19 PM GMT

I like it - no criticisms yet. It's nice that it isn't the usual 'cat eatng out of the bowl while happy cat owner sits in the background wth a stupid grin'

when it comes to certain clients, remind yourself:
    You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

I'm an ARTIST, not a MAGICIAN!
    it's deadline and I'm GROUCHY.

Comment

as far as the actual advertising end of it goes, most clients would want the name bigger and more visible to compete with what else is on store shelves. The image is striking though, and I think u are on a good path.

'To Design is much more than simply to assemble, to order, or even to edit; it is to add value and meaning, to illuminate, to simplify, to clarify, to modify, to dignify, to dramatize, to persuade, and perhaps even to amuse.' --Paul Rand

Comment

I like it a lot!

'They say time is the fire in which we burn.'
        - Dr. Tolian Soran</font>
        "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

I like it as well.

And same as paulrandfan said!

The best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.

Comment

Nice! Makes me want a bowl of cat chow mmmmm.. mmmm that's good eating. Great job!!!

Comment

You know, though the clients might want the name bigger, I think the image is more than enough! I can see it catching everyones eye in the isle. You might want to check the 'left' box. The 'Adult' in the logo type seems to be blended in with the image... legibility.

Great work though, I like it!

Comment

the layout and design is good.
                but that black logo is really getting lost with that image... i would have no clue what it said just by glancing at it. maybe change it to white, or better yet make a bar of color at the bottom instead of that soft glow/gradient! and then change that bar of color as well as the photos of cats for the different flavors, that would really help to desitinguish them from one another as well.
                that colored bar may also help get peoples attention.
                the photographic package is a nice touch though, not many out there like that.
                and don't make the logo bigger, its a good size, just because you can read a logo from further away doesn't mean you are going to pick it up off the shelf. Bigger Logo Doesn't = Bigger Sales.
                people buy things for the first time based upon word of mouth, good advertising campain, or good design (i.e. somthing that looks like it would work)..

good job though, i'd like to see the finished product!

on a side note, i'm not sure where this company is located but in the US there is a Company called Pounce in the Animal Food Industry, and i'd imagine they wouldn't be too happy about that name. just an issue of consern.

Post Edited (Silence04) : 4/15/2005 12:46:56 AM GMT
                www.standercreative.com

Comment

Wow thanks for the feedback guys...
                  You have given me a lot to sit back and think about...Thanks!

At the current moment I am having troubles with the logo & text placement. I agree with you guys in most cases I would usually make the logo bigger, but in this case I am happy with the size. Making it too prominent in the design seems to then clash with the image. This is where the trouble begins... I seem to be working on a really thin line; one side the text and logo are too weak in appearance, and the other side too strong... But I shall give all your comments a go.
                  I'm not sure about the bar, for the same reasons above. I was thinking from your comments, maybe the colour in the corners could change? Iíll have a muck around.
                  I'll post an update hopefully soon....

Oh, Thanks for the side note about the company Silence, (damn, thought I was on to a good one there) hopefully it wont be too much of a problem as it is only a university project.

Thanks Again

Comment

I like that its just plain different. Like somebody said, 'Where's the cat nuzzling with its stupid grinning owner?' If I worked for Pounce, and I'm trying to break into the well-established cat food market, this is definitely the 'modern', 'striking', 'professional' look I want for my product. And a good image like this could even help them raise the price on their product (more revenues and/or profits). You can't sell grocery brand for a high price cause it always looks so cheap.

Comment

For a moment, I wondered if it was the packaging for the new Apple Tiger OS.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                      Working...
                      X