X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logo Critique please

Hi I am desinging a logo for a client thats company is calle tme savours, which does everything from organizing, cleaning, catering, pet care and everything inbetween. Here is the logo we have cme sup with, she likes purple, and this font is almost exact to her actual hand writing, just need some feedback on the shadows and colors.

Thanks
    Attached Files

Pretty cool, I think the lighter purple makes the "S" stand out better.

Comment

is the logo going to be used on a website, or printed? I usually try to stay away from any drop shadow-type effects on a logo, because when you scale it down for a business card it can become very hard to read.

I didn't realize that the clock was an "S" until I read your description above... you may want to tweak it just a bit to make it more recognizable, but it is easier to tell with the lighter color.

I'm not really sure I like her tagline - "managizing" looks like an unintentional typo, but if that's what she wants then you can't really help that!

Neat concept.
      "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

The shadow around the text is a little distracting. I like the lighter shade of purple over the darker. I'm not a fan of the oblong clock, it conveys a sense of chaos to me. The M stem making the hands of the clock is clever as is the curl of the S creating the frame of the clock. You're definitely on to something here. Keep at it!
        Official lunchboxbrain blog

Comment

yes i like the light purple better the darker is too distracted, i do not like as much shadow as i have but he wants so shadow, maybe i will play with it a bit more.... managazing is a word she uses, managing and organzing into one word, which she likes cause people question it, but there are some different feedbacks from it. some people think it is very clever others dont get it or think it just doesnt work, we are still working on that. hmmm interestign that the oblong clock create chaos to you..... would you think a complete circle clock would be better?

Comment

oh sorry morea forgot to answer your question in my last post, the log will be used on both. WE are printing up a greta business card, 2 color on vellum with a whole in the top, with an elastic through it, gonna be great.

Comment

I like the font you are using for "time savours", by the way. And the M making up the clock hands is a nice effect!
              "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

Michelle-
                It seems like the client wants to a modern vibe (hence "managizing") for the logo. So yeah, I think a simple circular clock would do the trick.

Hmmm...now that I think about it, managized could be used in so many ways...
                Official lunchboxbrain blog

Comment

some corrections
                  Attached Files

Comment

is it supposed to be time saviours?

otherwise like what your doing.
                    Tapp-d
                    "I has puter, I isam dsgna?!"

Comment

yea finding this font was great because it is exactly the same as her hand writing. this client had another deisgner working on her logo and all the stuff she had given her was crappy so she is very happen with this logo, we just need to vamp it a bit more and we got it. When i think of managizing, it sounds somethign like doing somethign with a man lol, btu when explained it is cool. just not sure if everyone will understand it.

Comment

no it is time savours, like saving and savouring because she does catering also.

Comment

oh okay cool, I just wasnt reading it in my head right
                          Tapp-d
                          "I has puter, I isam dsgna?!"

Comment

I definately like the lighter purple better. The top one of your second set I think its the best so far.

The logo works much better with the shadow only under the clock and nowhere else IMO.

With that new, much lighter purple color - I can read the "S" more like an S now.
                            I blog, you blog, we all blog!

Comment

I like it a lot. I'm a fan of the first, elongated clock. My one suggestioin is the typeface for the tagline. I'd pick something a little classier/more modern. Maybe a Eurostile, or something, in all caps.

Great job!

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X