Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Juniberry
    Reply to Wordpress theme and plugin help for print company.
    Juniberry
    I should also mention that a theme that supports the visual composer would be excellent....
    Today, 05:54 AM
  • Juniberry
    Wordpress theme and plugin help for print company.
    Juniberry
    Howdy-doody fellas and bellas, I'm just after some quick advice from those of you out there with plenty of experience choosing and working with WP themes.

Attached is a template/guide to...
    Today, 05:53 AM
  • arielr190
    Reply to Opinions on My Logo?
    arielr190
    the business is online. print-wise, the smallest it will ever get is a business card.
    Today, 03:53 AM
  • lowfatgraphics
    Reply to UX tips
    lowfatgraphics
    Hmm This isn't UX, it is UI... Its common to get the two mixed up but having worked in UX and now UI, there is a pretty big difference.

Now from a UI stand point, there isn't much here...aside...
    Today, 03:52 AM
  • lowfatgraphics
    Reply to Candy Shop Logo
    lowfatgraphics
    "S" is tough to read-- looks interesting. the glossy highlights seem to have multiple light sources tho...might want to double check.
    Today, 03:43 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logo & branding yourself without a hot iron

Hello anyone who reads this. The website address below contains my logo design for my website to promote myself. I have nothing on there yet just the logo. Anyway it's so friggin hard to decide on a logo and name. I like the design myself, I'm just struggling a little with the name. But give me some feedback on both if you please. I think the name might scare off some clients or maybe it will help me to be remembered. Who knows?? The struggles of branding ones self....

www.hitmangraphics.com

I dig it, but I know what you mean as far as scaring people off. Are you targetting any specific industry? Depending on who the clients are, you may have an easier or harder time convincing them your for real.

But then again, your portfolio will speak for itself. I think the whole 'hitman' theme works well. The tagline is great!

I say go for it.

Comment

Thanks a lot. I don't really have a specific market I'm targeting, I take pretty much anything really. However I do prefer certain things over others like designing an CD cover for a band over an ad for garage doors. I guess my style is bold though whatever it is. Time to start working on the portfolio.

Comment

Nice logo Keith. I think you're theme has got quite a bit of mileage and shows off your creativity rather than scaring customers away.

Maybe you could include more lines like "All targets considered", or "All markets targetted"

Keep us updated on how it develops

Comment

I think you have a winner. I wouldn't worry about scaring anyone off. Like DY said, your portfolio and your ability to sell yourself are what is going to get you clients. I think your logo and tagline do exactly what they are meant to do. Make you remember!
          Good job!

Comment

I always just used the hot iron.
            ProudPenguin
            P r o d u c t i o n s

Comment

I like this a lot, it's a vector right? It has a professional look to it. You could reverse out all the color as just white and use it for printed pieces and it would lose none of it's impact.

Comment

Thanks Jamodu and thanks for the idea, i think i will go with a variation of those, "Targeting All Markets". Good point Neuro. I guess remembering is the main objective of graphic design in the first place. Ryan, I feel the same way sometimes. Kool, the original drawing of the guy is vector then I brought it into photoshop. I am a big fan of minimalism/simple in design so I didn't want to make a logo that wasn't versatile with drop shadows, bevels or too many colors.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                Working...
                X