Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• <b>
    Comment on Anybody use a Mac Mini?
    <b>
    Right now, at work, I'm using an early 2011 MacBook Pro. It's had no problems at all. I'll likely get a new one early next year, but I'm in no hurry because I don't want to give up the 17-inch display....
    Today, 09:47 PM
  • iyiyi
    Reply to Anybody use a Mac Mini?
    iyiyi
    Overall I haven't really ever had any problems with macs either. Basically just the grpahics card problems I've been talking about. And the 2011 MBP is notorious for them (which is what I have now)....
    Today, 09:40 PM
  • <b>
    <b>
    This is a puzzling discussion because the things described run counter to my experiences.

I've been buying Macs since 1984, and have probably owned, maybe, a couple dozen of them. Also during...
    Today, 09:23 PM
  • MeadowlarkGraph
    Reply to Infographics...struggle
    MeadowlarkGraph
    Okay, first attempt at less boring. More variation in text size and background, some different images, shadows. Tried a few different layouts but nothing was hitting me. I actually like "hospice...
    Today, 09:13 PM
  • iyiyi
    iyiyi
    They are what I used before my mpb. They always had issues. The graphics cards would get screwed up and the screens would freeze (like my mpb is now doing), they were for some reason slower than other...
    Today, 08:53 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classical Guitar

This is my latest. A poster for my fiancee's guitar class. It should be going on store fronts townwide within the week. I neglected to notice that I need to retype a few things before I saved this, but that'll be fixed before it goes to print.

Creativity is taking what is and bringing in what isn't.

I personally think you need to work a guitar in there, to spark the curiosity of people who are interested in learning to play. If someone is thinking about learning and they see an image of a guitar on a poster, i think they'd be more inclined to stop and see what it's all about.

Just a thought!

Comment

The poster is allready very sucessfull but a conceptual quitar vector or graphic would really spice it up. The only thing that is bothering me is the intergration of the diagonal text on the right side. It would be better of on the bottom corner and also not so close to the edge. All and all very good job.

Comment

Has the poster been changed, as i don't see any diagonal text!?! And i don't remember that vertical text from earlier!?! That's really not working for me, maybe try turning it 180 degrees... It's a bit of a strain to read, going in that direction (or is that just me lol!).

It might be worth having a think about the tag line too, it just doesn't read well for me!?! English Language never was my strong point though!

I do really like the colours, they make me think of good quality polished wood, and accoustic guitars. And the swirly pattern is perfect, the sort of thing you'd see on a headstock!

Comment

You know, I thought seriously about incorporating a guitar when I was working on it, but decided against it. My fiancee didn't want one in there either, so that was the end of that. Besides, this is a musician town. We have a very popular music department at the local college. Seeing instruments on the ads is about as old here as handshake pictures for business PR. This is something completely fresh and new to the local design trends.

I appreciate your thoughts, mates. I always keep them in mind.

Comment

Hi JaCkinbOx,

I really like the shapes and the colours that you've used - theres a great atmosphere to the image. I'm not sure about the text though - something's just not quite right. Try reducing the kerning (bringing the letters closer together).

good work though

Comment

The tribal shape things do not fit with classical guitar to me

Comment

Originally posted by jamodu
                Hi JaCkinbOx,

I really like the shapes and the colours that you've used - theres a great atmosphere to the image. I'm not sure about the text though - something's just not quite right. Try reducing the kerning (bringing the letters closer together).

good work though
                Really? I'm not sure I see what you mean. Are you referring to the main text or the title?

Originally posted by Envision1
                The tribal shape things do not fit with classical guitar to me
                What makes you think classical guitar?

Comment

http://www.beneteauguitars.com/details_pictures.htm

Images like these remind me of classical guitar... the strings, the classic wood, the edging...
                  PS - This is what part of the Alphabet would look like if Q & R were eliminated

Comment

I think the background certainly fits the part. Like beano, the background and color combo makes me feel a polished wood earth tone orientation. The tribal, however, reminds me of new uncut strings that tend to whiz around the headstock in an unrepeating original manner. I too, feel that throwing a guitar in the mix is kinda the obvious answer and something that could take away from a deeper feeling of emotion.

If i could suggest, I might enlarge the Header or possibly or ad a slight drop or inner shadow for visibility purposes. Also, maybe reduce the selfpromo a bit so that its not competing with the body copy. Great work, inspiring.

Comment

I agree that the background fits -- actually, I really like it. And personally, I wouldn't throw in a guitar, if people don't get it from the title "Classical Guitar"....

Anyway, I also think that the text is a bit distracting, and a bit hard to read. I'd suggest either making it smaller and having more space between it and the design (it'll show off your design more, and it'll be a cleaner looking poster), or just moving the text in a bit from the sides, and using the excess space you have at the bottom.

One thing to consider: possibly making the text into two separate paragraphs... with 'Music education develops...', as the second... it's a separate sort of idea from what's right before it.

I really love the colours and feel of this, a few friends play classical guitar, and to me the poster is right on the dot for the feeling/atmosphere of the music/instrument.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                      Working...
                      X